The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 9 April 2021, 07:52 AM   #271
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Better to stay silent and have the world think you are a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Old 9 April 2021, 12:12 PM   #272
Andy0331
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo View Post
The last one I saw had almost 500k of gross sales and 30k+ of profit. I guess the profit is post expenses and it's not a 6% margin on sales, as that would be very tight! Who knows though.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
I haven't had time to watch the last few episodes, so I hadn't seen actual profit numbers. My "concern" (if I were a backer) is that the margins are thin enough that market forces could rapidly put them underwater. When I saw the video where they were doing a "live sale" online to move inventory, the first thing I thought was "cash crunch".

I wish them the best, but I hope they're planning for an eventual downturn and the lifestyle hit that will come with it.
Old 9 April 2021, 12:53 PM   #273
2ltdjorn
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
who knows. I enjoy it, its a good time filler when im covering the nocturnal shift in the hospital.

they seem down to earth.

margins seem tight, but they seem to know the market pretty good.

wish them the best.

will be interesting to see if his sobriety is court mandated, or personal choice. should he like to return to alcohol, I hope it doesn't get him into more trouble. there was a snippet in the LV episode in which Marco asks if he is done, or once the date hits will he drink again.

overall wish them well, and I have enjoyed it so far.

First GTG El Paso Nov 2016, WISCON 2019.

Would rather be on the river, somewhere.
Old 9 April 2021, 01:18 PM   #274
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Great marketeers, but they really have to improve their sales management/operations. Even with all of their new hires, CRM, and updated telephony, they still aren't able to call people back on a timely basis (or ever in my personal experience). I can't imagine how much revenue they are potentially leaving on the table.
Old 10 April 2021, 09:09 AM   #275
TradingLoss
Banned

Watch: Kamasu
This thread has grown well

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Old 10 April 2021, 11:20 AM   #276
Polarexplorerii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570,BLNR,116610
They finally got an investor and first thing Anthony says to him "I just wanna let you know we are gonna buy a Lambo"!!
Old 10 April 2021, 12:46 PM   #277
whattimeyougot
"TRF" Member

I continue to enjoy watching this channel but I have learned, especially in recent episodes, that if you try hard enough they can justify any purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 April 2021, 02:19 AM   #278
Fred48
Banned

Any thoughts on the latest episode? Personally, I found it rather boring. However, at the end, he explains how they are making their money - volume.
Old 16 April 2021, 03:38 AM   #279
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Day in the life of a watch dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred48 View Post
Any thoughts on the latest episode? Personally, I found it rather boring. However, at the end, he explains how they are making their money - volume.

It was a good watch imo. What I find very interesting is how Anthony went from making $500 on flipping a breitling to buying a 300k Richard Mille in 3 years...? Almost seems....unbelievable

Old 16 April 2021, 08:46 AM   #280
nick800
"TRF" Member

I don’t think this guy understands the definition of profit
Old 16 April 2021, 10:47 AM   #281
dwjez14
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
It was a good watch imo. What I find very interesting is how Anthony went from making $500 on flipping a breitling to buying a 300k Richard Mille in 3 years...? Almost seems....unbelievable

It is crazy , just 2 years ago Anthony and Marco were coming to my office and selling me watches out of there backpack. I do not think I have seen anyone blow up as quick as they have. Hope it last for them. They are great guys
Old 16 April 2021, 01:28 PM   #282
favre12rodgers
Banned

Sounds like they are banking and the numbers seem to add up. I mean, $500-1500 per watch isn't a huge amount and it's about volume for them. They obviously have the connects to get these watches in for prices they are making $ at and obviously they have been inundated with buyers due to the show (which he doesn't even pay for advertising) so there isn't an issue finding buyers. People just want to call them now to say they bought from TPG.

I do admit, as a fellow business owner, I'm not sure I agree with the Lambo purchase. He has an R8 and I'm not sure a Lambo is going to get that many more interested clients than the R8. I get it's a "business expense"....but it's still money spent.
Old 16 April 2021, 01:54 PM   #283
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwjez14 View Post
It is crazy , just 2 years ago Anthony and Marco were coming to my office and selling me watches out of there backpack. I do not think I have seen anyone blow up as quick as they have. Hope it last for them. They are great guys
Me too Danny I bought 2 watches from Anthony in 2018. He told me to come check the store out last month when I was in Dallas they are busy as can be they are still learning. I say they will be successful seems like the channel is growing alot of people know about them.
Old 16 April 2021, 05:24 PM   #284
CastorKrieg
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredbyjae View Post
Great marketeers, but they really have to improve their sales management/operations. Even with all of their new hires, CRM, and updated telephony, they still aren't able to call people back on a timely basis (or ever in my personal experience). I can't imagine how much revenue they are potentially leaving on the table.
This is - sorry to say - sometimes because of lack of education. University teaches you (at least it should) to be structured and organized, then you apply that to real life. He is obviously talented, but he struggles past the daily hussle to take a step back and see the big picture.
Old 17 April 2021, 03:59 AM   #285
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Converting a furniture store into a jewelry store....BEFORE they get their Ecommerce website nailed down is problematic.

My FIRST thought was....what will they do for a vault...which Marco brought up. That alone is 250K to reinforce the walls, ceilings.. Doubt the insurance will cover a couple of safes..lol. This could be a multi million dollar buildout...and they can't cover their bids, argue over a $14k transaction being cancelled and won't take PayPal because of fraud concerns (can't afford the chargeback risk). Those are all problems.

Trust me, I love the show and wish them all the best..hell..I'm the OP of this thread...but some of these plans don't add up to what they say their sales goals are...

It's probably all for a TV deal and they have some other investor to build the "studio"...it's the only thing that I can make sense of.
Old 17 April 2021, 04:02 AM   #286
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick800 View Post
I don’t think this guy understands the definition of profit
yeah he meant gross margin, and it may not even be because COGS isnt just the cost of the watch.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 17 April 2021, 04:07 AM   #287
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
yeah he meant gross margin, and it may not even be because COGS isnt just the cost of the watch.

Right

Old 18 April 2021, 03:08 AM   #288
PBJ1925
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 326934
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastorKrieg View Post
This is - sorry to say - sometimes because of lack of education. University teaches you (at least it should) to be structured and organized, then you apply that to real life. He is obviously talented, but he struggles past the daily hussle to take a step back and see the big picture.
It's really a shame, I'm rooting for these guys to win but I can't help be concerned for them in that if their marketing engine falters, they may not have a real differentiation or a loyal customer base outside of their local market needed to drive toward their revenue goals.

I made another outreach to them this past week to throw them some business on a consignment play. I finally got a return response, and managed to connect with a couple members of their team.

Unfortunately they've missed on their commitments on getting back to me, completing paperwork, etc.. Keep me mind the action item resides with their mgmt staff, not the front line employee so a little wary if that is my front end experience, I'm concerned on how long it would take to actually get paid out after a successful sale.

Comparatively a couple trusted sellers here have always returned my inquiries the same day (usually same hour), and if we made a deal I had all my paperwork / labels / payment processed within 24 hours of receipt on either end.

Love the entertainment factor of the series, and hope the constructive feedback helps if they scan TRF.
Old 18 April 2021, 03:15 AM   #289
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredbyjae View Post
It's really a shame, I'm rooting for these guys to win but I can't help be concerned for them in that if their marketing engine falters, they may not have a real differentiation or a loyal customer base outside of their local market needed to drive toward their revenue goals.

I made another outreach to them this past week to throw them some business on a consignment play. I finally got a return response, and managed to connect with a couple members of their team.

Unfortunately they've missed on their commitments on getting back to me, completing paperwork, etc.. Keep me mind the action item resides with their mgmt staff, not the front line employee so a little wary if that is my front end experience, I'm concerned on how long it would take to actually get paid out after a successful sale.

Comparatively a couple trusted sellers here have always returned my inquiries the same day (usually same hour), and if we made a deal I had all my paperwork / labels / payment processed within 24 hours of receipt on either end.

Love the entertainment factor of the series, and hope the constructive feedback helps if they scan TRF.
i think them blowing up from tiktok has forced them to basically play catch up ever since. that and the youtube thing makes them get a lot of useless dm's and phone calls of people saying they're big fans but have no intention of buying which makes it impossible unless you're watching your phone 24/7. that's the downside of blowing up so much out of nowhere instead of having a natural progression like most normal businesses have
Old 18 April 2021, 04:53 AM   #290
austinp
"TRF" Member

Does anyone know what kind of money they make on their social media success? How many subscribers, followers etc do you need to see some money? I would think having thousands of people watch an hour plus video each week would net them some jack.

Old 18 April 2021, 04:57 AM   #291
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Converting a furniture store into a jewelry store....BEFORE they get their Ecommerce website nailed down is problematic.

My FIRST thought was....what will they do for a vault...which Marco brought up. That alone is 250K to reinforce the walls, ceilings.. Doubt the insurance will cover a couple of safes..lol. This could be a multi million dollar buildout...and they can't cover their bids, argue over a $14k transaction being cancelled and won't take PayPal because of fraud concerns (can't afford the chargeback risk). Those are all problems.

Trust me, I love the show and wish them all the best..hell..I'm the OP of this thread...but some of these plans don't add up to what they say their sales goals are...

It's probably all for a TV deal and they have some other investor to build the "studio"...it's the only thing that I can make sense of.
This ^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
And this ^^^
Old 18 April 2021, 05:00 AM   #292
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
Does anyone know what kind of money they make on their social media success? How many subscribers, followers etc do you need to see some money? I would think having thousands of people watch an hour plus video each week would net them some jack.

they likely aren't making much off youtube right now. somewhere in the 2-5k range a month probably. on average it's about $3 per 1000 views, less for newer channels, more as you get more established
Old 18 April 2021, 06:06 AM   #293
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
they likely aren't making much off youtube right now. somewhere in the 2-5k range a month probably. on average it's about $3 per 1000 views, less for newer channels, more as you get more established
He said they don't make anything net of the cost. Makes sense.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 21 April 2021, 09:53 AM   #294
Fred48
Banned

I find it interesting that Anthony has said that he views his watch collection as his retirement fund. His retirement is maybe 30 years down the road?
Will people even be wearing mechanical watches then?
(Not my concern; I won't be around.)
Old 21 April 2021, 10:08 AM   #295
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred48 View Post
I find it interesting that Anthony has said that he views his watch collection as his retirement fund. His retirement is maybe 30 years down the road?
Will people even be wearing mechanical watches then?
(Not my concern; I won't be around.)

Good point. I guess he sees all the Daytona’s going to a million a piece ...

Old 21 April 2021, 10:30 AM   #296
shaunylw
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post

With their current model, i do not see long term success in his future. Their point of sale is not good, no idea where money is coming from, Who they owe, it’s written down.. it’s a giant bomb waiting to explode. No way i would buildout a store. No way.

He should refine the current process, and find a space to store watches safely. I would ride the wheels off this market until it falls off, which i think eventually it will. I wouldn’t want to be sitting on a huge multi million dollar buildout.

Old 21 April 2021, 05:06 PM   #297
CastorKrieg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunylw View Post
He should refine the current process, and find a space to store watches safely. I would ride the wheels off this market until it falls off, which i think eventually it will. I wouldn’t want to be sitting on a huge multi million dollar buildout.
He mentioned he deals with Rolex mainly because the watches move very fast. I can think if needed he will liquidate or slow down his pipeline within a week or two.
Old 21 April 2021, 06:07 PM   #298
CastorKrieg
"TRF" Member

Also, can anyone tell me who makes the watch canvas prints he has in his office and home apartment?
Old 21 April 2021, 07:52 PM   #299
nick800
"TRF" Member

I’ve been enjoying the show until this most recent one. When he “bought” that RM on credit, I turned it off. They don’t own anything. They seem to be using a personal loan/line of credit to obtain their personal collection. That isn’t a retirement nest egg. You should be very rich to be able to drop $250k on a watch.
Old 21 April 2021, 08:03 PM   #300
CastorKrieg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick800 View Post
I’ve been enjoying the show until this most recent one. When he “bought” that RM on credit, I turned it off. They don’t own anything. They seem to be using a personal loan/line of credit to obtain their personal collection. That isn’t a retirement nest egg. You should be very rich to be able to drop $250k on a watch.
Yeah, they seem to be a little too much trigger happy. It might also be that Anthony never sees that as a long-term thing, as he mentioned if that won't work he will just 'sell something else'. However this state of mind will let you constantly jumping between projects, unable to dedicate your time and energy to any single pursuit. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
Closed Thread