The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 May 2023, 09:41 AM   #1
KiwiM
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Everest Strap for Explorer 36mm 2021- #124270

It appears that Everest now does a rubber strap for the 2021- Explorer 36mm #124270. Currently Everest are out of stock. Im quite keen to fit an aftermarket strap to my explorer. Can anyone share their experience in how these straps fit. I know that fitting aftermarket straps to this model can be tricky due to the indentation in the case and also the close lug holes.
KiwiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 03:13 AM   #2
phamou
"TRF" Member

Just bought one and heres my review:

Hi all,

Thought it’d share my opinion on my newly purchase of a Rubber strap by Everest.

For those who own a 124270, you know that it is hard to find a high quality rubber strap due to lug
Hole placements and weird lug width and taper (19mm taper to 14mm). Needless to say, there wasn’t too many options on the market.

I saw that Everestbands recently announced it in April for the explorer 36mm. No other company currently offers it (vanguard, rubberB, zealande, etc). I decided to pull the trigger to try it and be ready for summer.

The good:

Fits perfectly. Make sure you order exactly like your bracelet size and it should fit seamlessly. Material is solid and fits well with the OEM clasp. There are no holes between lugs and the fit is tight.

The bad:
Obviously price is steep. It ships from US and took me about 6 business days to arrive (i am from canada) . Everest ships via USPS/canadapost and i had no duties to pay. However, there are no other known brand that offer it for the 36mm explorer so this is your only option thus far. Plus it only comes for your deployant clasp, they dont offer it with a buckle currently.

Only black color available for now

Installing it was a pain. The spring bars given where slightly longer so it was rlly hard to install. I had to use the OEM springbars from the bracelet. I recommend installing the straps into the watch before connecting it with the deployant clasp.

Conclusion: if you want a rubber strap for your rolex that looks OEM and high quality, i definitely recommend. There are no other options on the market so you will have to pay the steep price.

Have a great summer!

phamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 08:47 AM   #3
Reynolds Woodcock
"TRF" Member

Thanks for posting. I have one in the mail, and looking forward to changing it up for the hotter months. I do wish it wasn’t deployment clasp, but they told me they have no plans for an additional strap.
Reynolds Woodcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 05:35 PM   #4
boring_sandwich
"TRF" Member

Looks great on the Everest.

Curious how it wears in comparison to the bracelet as I am considering one but in between sizes!

Does it flare out more from the lugs than the bracelet or drops down at roughly a 90 degree angle like the bracelet?
boring_sandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 11:09 PM   #5
Snowballs
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675
Looks great. Flys under the radar.
Old 4 June 2023, 03:49 AM   #6
Stromness
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynolds Woodcock View Post
Thanks for posting. I have one in the mail, and looking forward to changing it up for the hotter months. I do wish it wasn’t deployment clasp, but they told me they have no plans for an additional strap.
I have one on order also -- and agree about the deployant-only option. I generally prefer rubber straps on the buckle, simpler and lower-profile and more comfortable overall.

But it's a lovely strap and good to have options.

Thanks to @phamou for the helpful review and pix.
Stromness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2023, 09:02 AM   #7
phamou
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
Looks great on the Everest.

Curious how it wears in comparison to the bracelet as I am considering one but in between sizes!

Does it flare out more from the lugs than the bracelet or drops down at roughly a 90 degree angle like the bracelet?

I used the everest guide and ordered exactly as my bracelet sizing.

I can say its not as tight fitted as bracelet due to nature of material (rubber). Feels a bit looser since the strap doesnt hug as tight as the bracelet and is way lighter as well.

I like it like that since i wear it while swimming/summer time and i prefer a looser fit vs a very tight fit.

You can also use easy link as well if you need an additional extension. It’d say if you go -1 link in Everest size, expect you use easylink to have that exact same tight fit as on bracelet.
phamou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 04:16 PM   #8
uansari1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Polar 16570
This is my experience too. Ordered one for my GMT equivalent to six links, but it’s long by half a link, so on the righted micro adjustment, the rubber is still loose. I’d you wear your bracelet on the tightest micro adjustment, I’d size down on Everest.
Explorer 124270
Omega Seamaster GMT 50th Anniversary
uansari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2023, 05:33 PM   #9
Michael1968
Banned

Watch: UN,RolexTudor&more
In my opinion bracelet is the best for explorer
Michael1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2023, 09:56 AM   #10
Chris_80
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 40
My issue with the Everest strap is you have to use the original clasp. I like to swap my straps and bracelets kind of frequently, so that would be a pain.
Chris_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2023, 11:02 AM   #11
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_80 View Post
My issue with the Everest strap is you have to use the original clasp. I like to swap my straps and bracelets kind of frequently, so that would be a pain.

A “no go”, for me, for the same reason. I’ll keep mine on its bracelet.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2023, 12:45 PM   #12
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I like the look on the Exp.
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote