The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 June 2023, 08:40 AM   #61
Hardtimes
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 118238
A few more two cents....I dont have the big issue with financing something like this.....people finance cars all day long and look how bad they depreciate.
Hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 09:42 AM   #62
Soulo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtimes View Post
A few more two cents....I dont have the big issue with financing something like this.....people finance cars all day long and look how bad they depreciate.
I was going to say the same thing but didn't want to ruffle feathers.
Soulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 09:44 AM   #63
JSCP
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex PM’s/Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by S’portEye View Post
Don’t know why people are banging on OP for INTEREST FREE FINANCING. There is nothing wrong with using that method if you can afford the note and abide by the terms.
agree.
DD40 RG/Sundust-Roman;DD40YG/White/Roman;DD40 WG/Olive;Daytona RG;Sub Black YG; Daytona Panda; Celebration 41; GMT-II’s: Left VTNR; GRNR; Batman; SkyDweller SSJubilee/Black; SUB no-date; Oysterquartz SS; DJ SS 36mm’87; Cartier: Roadster YG;Santos YG; Panther YG; Panther SS; Tank’73 YG, Tank must 2023 ;Tank Americaine YG;BulgariBB38mm/YG
JSCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2023, 10:05 AM   #64
Gym5050
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtimes View Post
True, good point. I really want to get it. I have kind of come to the conclusion that WHEN I find a great deal, I will just go ahead, buy it, and do half cash and half credit. Problem is, I haven't found a great deal yet, and despite recession fears, I have seen very small adjustments in price.
Gym5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 04:30 AM   #65
WILLIWALKER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Tudor Omega
My grail watch is a 228238 with silver dial !!
Love the Daydaye in YG, fantastic choice.
If the conditions are good, why not finance your purchase … Our watches worth more than a lot of cars, and it's good to optimize your purchase.
Old 3 June 2023, 04:47 AM   #66
fania123
"TRF" Member

Go cash on a 18038 and a winder if it’s not your daily. It’ll get your feet wet for a gold president and if you buy it right you won’t lose a dime when you sell it.
fania123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 04:59 AM   #67
WatchTimes
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cglondon View Post
Purchasing Day Dates is way out of my league. Massive congrats to you guys that can. Reading this thread, I had to comment just to say. If you are saving for a house (mortgage), the less finance you have on your name the better. It doesn’t matter if it’s interest free or not. Don’t jeopardise the banks getting cold feet, if they realise a few months before your mortgage application you decided to take out finance on an item sold via a watch company. Especially considering the state of the economy at the moment.

When you first walk into your new house, I guarantee you won’t be thinking about that DD.

Just my advice. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100% agree if you are buying a house you don't want anything you don't need on your credit to get the best rate possible. Get the house and then get the DD.

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 05:01 AM   #68
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchTimes View Post
100% agree if you are buying a house you don't want anything you don't need on your credit to get the best rate possible. Get the house and then get the DD.
mortgage rates are sky high, why are people telling the OP it's stupid to take out an interest free loan for 21 months and not that getting a mortgage now would be a dumber financial decision?

to the OP - for a 22 year old watch i think that's a bit too much of a premium over a 5 digit
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 05:22 AM   #69
jgottsman11
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: President
Best option in my opinion is getting a 18238 for $16,500 or so mint condition and saving the additional 7-9 grand
jgottsman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 07:17 AM   #70
Gym5050
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgottsman11 View Post
Best option in my opinion is getting a 18238 for $16,500 or so mint condition and saving the additional 7-9 grand
Yeah, I started to think about this again. It's just if I'm going to keep this watch I want the bracelet to last. Holding both watches in my hands allowed me to really feel the heft difference in weight.
Old 3 June 2023, 10:12 AM   #71
Hardtimes
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 118238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym5050 View Post
Yeah, I started to think about this again. It's just if I'm going to keep this watch I want the bracelet to last. Holding both watches in my hands allowed me to really feel the heft difference in weight.
+1. When I hold the two watches, the older model almost feels like a toy compared to the newer. I also like the polished lugs!
Hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 08:14 PM   #72
Daytonaman799
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Def get the newer model unless you are buying a stone dial or other rare configuration that only comes on an older watch. The bracelet on the newer model will last longer and feel more substantial. I also take back what I said earlier about financing. If you can get interest free money for 2 years I guess why not.
Daytonaman799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2023, 10:34 PM   #73
Gym5050
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonaman799 View Post
Def get the newer model unless you are buying a stone dial or other rare configuration that only comes on an older watch. The bracelet on the newer model will last longer and feel more substantial. I also take back what I said earlier about financing. If you can get interest free money for 2 years I guess why not.
Thanks and thanks to all. As soon as I find a good deal, I think I’ll pull the trigger. It’s also going to retain its value, so if I ever needed to sell it for whatever reason (hopefully this won’t be the case) then I’ll get whatever I paid for it.

118238, 36 mm FTW