The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 9 January 2014, 10:55 PM   #31
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Good taste in cars?? I certainly wouldn't buy a watch from a guy driving a woman's car holding his middle finger up at the camera...

Agreed nothing funny about someone being ripped off but I have to say I am starting to question the authenticity of the post. Seems more like a smear campaign happening...
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2014, 04:21 AM   #32
One Ping Only
"TRF" Member

Watch: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalwatchcollector View Post
Good taste in cars?? I certainly wouldn't buy a watch from a guy driving a woman's car holding his middle finger up at the camera...

I wouldn't call an M3 convertible a "woman's car", but he does like like a guy I would not care to deal with.
Old 14 January 2014, 11:36 AM   #33
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
one message and gone - definitely suspicious behavior on the part of OP, but Jordan Gellerman's scumminess is not to be underestimated.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2014, 11:17 PM   #34
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysondiver View Post
there seems to be a huge number of scams about at the moment.
i think its a mix of better fakes and worse times financially .
I saw a pro hunter Explorer II which had a movement that was better
looking than the real one (!) but a copy
...I know crazy... so when I asked the price in China ?
...I was told if you order 3.000 pieces - Only... $600 each...wow
Be carefull out there - make sure you have recource
TempoKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2014, 09:51 PM   #35
TAKUYA
⭐⭐⭐⭐2024 DATE-JUST41 sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
i don't know much about the whole story of these scammers……… But he has no taste on the car……. M3 with convertible hard top??? He's not a true ///M fan

Instagram @takuyawatches
TAKUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2014, 11:54 PM   #36
Mosco
"TRF" Member

Watch: I like to...
he's not a true man either, as he threw one of his good friends 'under the bus' to attempt to save face. Punk.

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Mosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2014, 01:15 AM   #37
Wacker23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex sub
Why just one post? He came on here and saw all the posts and no replies?
Wacker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2014, 12:22 AM   #38
malisag
"TRF" Member

Global Time, David Gelerman and son Jordan sold us a STOLEN ROLEX watch

My sister bought a lady's perpetual datejust from the Gelerman's in June 2011. My mom was dying and asked my sister to find me a dental school graduation gift and she found a listing on EBAY for a never worn rolex. The Gelerman's told my sister that the transaction could be expedited more quickly if they did not purchase through EBAY and sent funds directly to them using Paypal. I believe it was Jordan, who David asked my sister to deal with. The watch was given was given to me that year and about 1.5 years later I sent it to Rolex for service. Next thing I know is that the jeweller is calling me to advise that they received a letter from rolex saying that it was a stolen watch involved in an armed robbery in Vancouver. The Toronto and subsequently Vancouver police confiscated this watch. My sister, an attorney, called David Gelerman to advise him of such and he was not sympathetic at all. He said "good luck proving that the money you sent me was for a watch" and when we indicated that the police were involved he indicated that they had already contacted him and didn't seem to be concerned with his involvement. We are now filing a suit against Global Time and the Gelermans. I have not been able to get the watch back from the original jewellers even though I have offered to purchase it. It was the last gift my mom ever gave me and the thing she was most concerned about before she died so had sentimental value. Be ware of the Gelermans and any of their Global Time companies.
malisag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2014, 12:59 AM   #39
malisag
"TRF" Member

We dealt with both David and Jordan and neither took reposnibility

This is an unusually complimentary post.

As I posted earlier, we bought a watch from David. He had my sister send money via paypal to Jordan (who was a minor at the time).

The Rolex we purchased turned out to be stolen and later confiscated by the police.

My sister is an attorney and I am a dentist (it was actually purchased by my dying mother for my dental school graduation). My sister called David Gelerman to inform him of the situation and his words were "good luck proving that the money you sent me was for a watch". My sister replied, "given that you own a watch store I dont think it will be too hard to convince a judge that I didn't send you $6000 for pancakes".

We will be filing a suit against the Gelermans.

Perhaps they maintain their 100% satisfaction rating on EBAY by selling any fake or stolen watches off the site as they did in our situation.

I have since spoken to Jordan who claims that his father is a thief and has "screwed his own son". We are not sure what the deal is but we know that we are out 6000USD and a watch.

Buyer beware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whorology View Post
I do not regularly post or peruse this forum (due to time constraints). Upon being notified of this thread, I felt compelled to chime in regarding my experiences with the Gelermans.

David Gelerman operates Global Time and Jordan Gelerman operates Time Wise, these 2 businesses are separate entities. David and Jordan have not worked together for over 6 months.

I have known both of them for many years and have done a very substantial amount of pre-owned wholesale business with them (where I am the seller). The experience that the original poster has noted is very inconsistent with my experience as to how David and Jordan operate. I have partaken in hundreds of transactions with the Gelermans and they have always been honest, courteous and professional.

With that said, it is not outside the realm of possibility that a pre-owned dealer makes an error or mistake with a particular piece, but I believe that David and Jordan would take care of any reasonable issue brought to their attention. Jordan is a young man and can maybe practice better communication skills (I see he has rubbed a few folks the wrong way here), but he has always been a pure professional in my business dealings with him.

I have discussed the above matter with both of them individually and neither of them were aware of who this "client" is. David's Ebay handle Global Time has perfect feedback, which would obviously not be the case had a fraudulent transaction occurred.

I am sorry if anyone has had a bad experience with David or Jordan on this site--- but I wanted to share with you my experiences as an alternate viewpoint.

Feel free to contact me by PM or at 720-623-1502 if you have any questions or concerns.
Old 25 January 2014, 02:24 AM   #40
malisag
"TRF" Member

Spoke to David Gelerman - promised to make it right

After some time of trying to contact Global Time LLC I finally spoke with David Gelerman.
It sounds like there is a huge rift between him and his son, which is at the least, unfortunate. I posted my previous comment after not being able to contact David and after having been contacted by his son Jordan, who had told me that his dad was a liar and a cheat. These comments by his son, put a very bad taste in my mouth, and further reaffirmed my belief that David knowingly sold us stolen merchandise.
When I spoke to David today, he denied his unwillingness to rectify the situation that I outlined in my previous posts. He also gave me his word that he would do his best to make things right and put us back in the position that we would have been had my mom's graduation gift not been confiscated by the police. He also told me that he has been in this business since 1978 and told me that it is a family business that he intends to carry on for some time.
These sentiments are in line with a previous commenter's post which I called into question.
After speaking to David today I am hopeful that he will stand by his word to rectify the situation. He does, actually, sound like a decent guy and a family man and he mentioned that his two other kids are involved in his business.
It is my sincere hope that he will continue to work with me to rectify this situation. I will keep you all posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malisag View Post
My sister bought a lady's perpetual datejust from the Gelerman's in June 2011. My mom was dying and asked my sister to find me a dental school graduation gift and she found a listing on EBAY for a never worn rolex. The Gelerman's told my sister that the transaction could be expedited more quickly if they did not purchase through EBAY and sent funds directly to them using Paypal. I believe it was Jordan, who David asked my sister to deal with. The watch was given was given to me that year and about 1.5 years later I sent it to Rolex for service. Next thing I know is that the jeweller is calling me to advise that they received a letter from rolex saying that it was a stolen watch involved in an armed robbery in Vancouver. The Toronto and subsequently Vancouver police confiscated this watch. My sister, an attorney, called David Gelerman to advise him of such and he was not sympathetic at all. He said "good luck proving that the money you sent me was for a watch" and when we indicated that the police were involved he indicated that they had already contacted him and didn't seem to be concerned with his involvement. We are now filing a suit against Global Time and the Gelermans. I have not been able to get the watch back from the original jewellers even though I have offered to purchase it. It was the last gift my mom ever gave me and the thing she was most concerned about before she died so had sentimental value. Be ware of the Gelermans and any of their Global Time companies.
Old 1 April 2014, 11:22 PM   #41
malisag
"TRF" Member

I wanted to follow up after my previous post and advise the forum users of the resolution that was obtained with David Gelerman and Global Time Hbg.

I posted my previous comments after several attempts of trying to contact Global Time Hbg without success. Furthermore, and as mentioned previously, I did have contact with Jordan who had less than flattering things to say about his father. As a result, I saw no resolution to the situation.

A few weeks after my initial post, I got in touch with David Gelerman from Global Time Hbg. He was initially skeptical of my claims but after a very long discussion we made some headway. He asked me to call him back within a week while he looked into the matter. In the meantime, I forwarded him the letter we had received from Rolex as well as the police report indicating that the watch was stolen.

David had assured us that he was initially very surprised about the situation because something of this sort has never happened to him before and disclosed that he has been in the business since the late ‘70s and has thousands of great reviews on ebay. He soon after offered a resolution to the matter which I was content with; he offered for me to choose a comparable watch on his site and to send a notarized legal letter indicating that we would accept the watch as resolution to the matter. We thought this was a fair resolution. However, around the same time, the original watch that was given to me by my now deceased mother, became available through the authorized dealer from whom it was stolen. I really wanted to get that watch back because of the sentimental value. Also, I wasn’t finding anything very similar to it on Global-time-hbg’s ebay store. After a few suggestions by David that I declined he offered to give me a full refund of the money that we had originally sent him. It was one of the happiest days for me in years because it meant that I could buy back the original watch my mother had given to me as my dental school graduation gift before she died. I thought this was very big of David and clearly demonstrated his integrity and morality.

During our resolution period, my sister trusted David enough to even purchase a high end presidential watch from Global-time-hbg. I’ll let her discuss her experience with David in a separate thread.

I am most certainly satisfied with the amicable resolution that we reached with David and Global-time about the watch. I appreciate that things can go wrong in any business, but it really comes down to how someone deals with their customer and the issue at hand. I can’t be happier with the resolution and am very grateful that we did not have to take legal action. I believe that my initial response was initially aggravated by my inability to contact David and, more so, by the information we were given by Jordan Gelerman.
David has assured us that since this matter has come to our attention, he has crossed checked his inventory’s serial numbers and will continue to do so in the future.

I would certainly do business again with David Gelerman. He demonstrated integrity and sincerity in rectifying this issue and I can say with confidence that he is an honourable man.
Old 14 May 2014, 11:06 PM   #42
dnagwhogas
"TRF" Member

Watch: N :Learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
I fail to find humor in someone being robbed. It's very poor taste and insulting. Maybe you can enlighten us a bit? It's not a request either. If you're someone who thinks being a dishonest person and blatant crook then TRF isn't for you.
I was referring to Greg's quote:

http://rolexforums.com/showpost.php?...7&postcount=12

I hope this clarifies it.

Thank you.

P-Club Member # 7

Time is what prevents everything from happening at once.
dnagwhogas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2015, 03:49 AM   #43
swisswatchexpert
"TRF" Member

David Gelerman is a flawless seller.

I just purchased a flawless Datejust from him.

Literally could not have gone better, piece was amazing.

Tom
swisswatchexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2015, 06:02 AM   #44
jjnd08
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosco View Post
just for clarification, David Gelerman is Jordan's dad and is the owner of Global Time. They had a falling out afaik, and Jordan is doing his own thing. The kid looks 12, but is actually 16-17, and is a bit of an asshole. Here he is doing his best impression of a man:

and here is what he thinks of your loss (and likely what he spent the money he gained scamming on):

I've heard of people having a face you just want to punch - this guy defines that saying.
jjnd08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2015, 07:37 AM   #45
watchabout
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswatchexpert View Post
David Gelerman is a flawless seller.

I just purchased a flawless Datejust from him.

Literally could not have gone better, piece was amazing.

Tom
Says the guy that joined the forum 3hrs ago and has exactly one post to his count.
watchabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 February 2015, 02:28 AM   #46
GED
"TRF" Member

Watch: d-d40wg
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchabout View Post
Says the guy that joined the forum 3hrs ago and has exactly one post to his count.
Okay, I'll chime in too being a member near four years w/hundreds of posts.

I bought my G serial 14060M from Mr. Gelerman(on Ebay no less-yikes!)and it was the perfect transaction;the watch was exactly as described-still partially stickered in flawless condition, a true LNIB and at a very fair price to boot.

But it was Mr. Gelerman's service that really stood out. I purchased the watch during one of the worst storms to hit the East Coast in a long time(until the current storms). As he was supposed to ship next day FedEx, I was esp. worried because it was announced that there would be service delays. So I was very pleasantly surprised to receive the watch the next day here on the west coast. I realized then that Mr. Gelerman must have put a lot of effort in driving through the storm to get the package to a FedEx office that enabled me to receive it the following day. Much thanks again Mr. David Gelerman!

GED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2015, 03:25 AM   #47
Ccjacapital
"TRF" Member

Jordan has a new ebay user name it is yurcher89 block him bad business.
Ccjacapital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2015, 04:31 AM   #48
asleep
"TRF" Member

Wow, what a mess.
asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2015, 06:18 AM   #49
SpaceWanderer
Banned

Don't ever buy a watch from other than an AD. If buying used, never buy it until you've inspected it and met the seller in person. How hard is this?
SpaceWanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2015, 10:06 AM   #50
southtexas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceWanderer View Post
Don't ever buy a watch from other than an AD. If buying used, never buy it until you've inspected it and met the seller in person. How hard is this?

Pretty hard if you live across the country from seller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2015, 01:57 PM   #51
Dashimmy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
A fue bad apples......
Dashimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2016, 08:03 AM   #52
swisswatchexpert
"TRF" Member

I bought the Datejust in early 2015. It's now mid 2016 and I'm selling it to get a different watch.

I could care less about what you think as I'm not very active on here, I'm just saying, it's been flawless since I've owned it.

You're an internet geek.
swisswatchexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2016, 08:11 AM   #53
offrdmania
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Holy necro bump, sounds like some trolling going on
Old 16 August 2016, 08:37 AM   #54
superstarmar
Banned

Watch: my wrist presence
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceWanderer View Post
Very good point , I couldn't agree more ...
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2016, 09:03 AM   #55
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Its scary out here in the forums. Not only we getting robbed in the streets but on the forums.

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2016, 09:04 AM   #56
Lordofrolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes Please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjnd08 View Post
I've heard of people having a face you just want to punch - this guy defines that saying.
lol

Follow me on Instagram: @b_jakobovich
Lordofrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2016, 07:16 AM   #57
southtexas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisswatchexpert View Post
I bought the Datejust in early 2015. It's now mid 2016 and I'm selling it to get a different watch.

I could care less about what you think as I'm not very active on here, I'm just saying, it's been flawless since I've owned it.

You're an internet geek.

I'm so confused. Whom are you addressing? This thread has been quiet for months before your comment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2016, 07:56 AM   #58
stubborndonkey
"TRF" Member

I hope you get your money back, sorry to hear about this!
stubborndonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2023, 02:12 AM   #59
Bstewart
"TRF" Member

Interesting after the latest TPG video....
Bstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2023, 02:20 AM   #60
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstewart View Post
Interesting after the latest TPG video....

Thanks. He came off as a wannabe gangster with his whiny azz high pitched voice and blackmail threats.