The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 24 March 2023, 03:42 PM   #91
huba01
"TRF" Member

Stunning
huba01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2023, 11:10 PM   #92
Jawnz
"TRF" Member

Just wanted to add that I have a beautiful patinated 1675 but recently brought it into RSC for service that will be coming back with full service dial and hands. They’ve agreed to give me back all my original parts (for a hefty 40% fee which is a rip but it’s Rolex of course). I like the comfort that I have all the original parts should I want it to return to that condition but I like the fact that I can put another 50 years on the watch and not have to worry as much since it’s from 1971.
Jawnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2023, 11:37 PM   #93
Jawnz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmbarrack View Post
What spring bars do you have?

I ask because I had a 2011 14060 that I bought from a dealer and somewhere along the line, whether done by the dealer or originally by RSC, they put in the newer T (no lug hole) spring bars. I had the same issue on the 14060, where the endlinks sank and rattled a lot.

Those new spring bars where they go through the middle of the endlink are thinner than the original long ones. I ended up sourcing the correct “lug hole” spring bars and that solved that problem. The endlinks fit much more snug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you happen to have photos of what you are talking about? Hoping to know what to look for when I get mine back from RSC.
Old 28 March 2023, 11:44 PM   #94
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnz View Post
Do you happen to have photos of what you are talking about? Hoping to know what to look for when I get mine back from RSC.
It sounds like he is referring to shoulderless springbars. You can use google if you want to see what they look like. But don't use them in a watch without drilled lugs.
Old 31 March 2023, 01:58 AM   #95
Jmbarrack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ever changing!
I saw this thread getting bumped a few times recently so I thought I’d update. Coming up on 2 years with this beauty and while many pieces in my collection have come and gone, this one stays right here.

I have really come to appreciate the thin case, smaller diameter and just the overall wearability of the 1675. I don’t know what it is about this watch that keeps me coming back other than that it’s just really appealing to my eye.

I’ve also purchased a jubilee bracelet and black insert for it. Great options on a great watch. Always something different.

Jmbarrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 06:38 AM   #96
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Clearly you have been taking good care of it. Still looks great!
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 09:24 AM   #97
Jmbarrack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ever changing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
It sounds like he is referring to shoulderless springbars. You can use google if you want to see what they look like. But don't use them in a watch without drilled lugs.

Yes, that’s exactly what I am referring to.

The shouldered springbars also have thicker centers where they go through the bracelet and endlink. They create a much more secure fit and there is less play/movement between the bracelet/endlink/case. It makes for a little less rattle.

Jmbarrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 04:42 PM   #98
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
O. M. G. Sick

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2023, 08:07 AM   #99
maggurt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBoost View Post
Hang on while I squeegee the walls here, you just blew my mind to pieces. I've read posts for years that indicated Rolex wouldn't even service anything from this era. That only in very rare circumstances would they possibly send something back to the mothership for a "restoration" at an obscene cost. But are you saying this RSC service was fairly recently? As a 1675 owner myself I had no idea RSC was even an option for this reference...

Your watch is amazing. You are truly lucky to find such a piece in this market.

I have a 1969 1675 with a service date of 10/2022. And they only replaced the Crystal and crown.

maggurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2023, 01:39 PM   #100
southtexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnz View Post

If it’s coming from rsc, surely they’ll get the spring bars right.

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2023, 01:57 PM   #101
Jawnz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexas View Post
If it’s coming from rsc, surely they’ll get the spring bars right.

Ok that’s a relief.
Old 11 April 2023, 06:06 PM   #102
TuRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the detectives
Lovely - absolutely nothing negative about a service item Rolex (it's 100% legit Rolex and supported by them), as long as you say, its price reflects that fact.

I have a theory, that as Rolex will not discount service dial 80/90/00s pieces (as otherwise they would be diss'ing themselves of course!), as part of their new secondhand authentication scheme, the prices might narrow over time on neo-vintage service watches over original dial/handset pieces.
TuRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 12:55 AM   #103
Jawnz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRo View Post
Lovely - absolutely nothing negative about a service item Rolex (it's 100% legit Rolex and supported by them), as long as you say, its price reflects that fact.

I have a theory, that as Rolex will not discount service dial 80/90/00s pieces (as otherwise they would be diss'ing themselves of course!), as part of their new secondhand authentication scheme, the prices might narrow over time on neo-vintage service watches over original dial/handset pieces.

As lume plots start chipping away and flaking, I can see this happening. I am going to put my dial on ice and just start wearing my new RSC service dial on my 1675 when I get it back.
Old 12 April 2023, 04:46 AM   #104
darrenho
"TRF" Member

Seeking opinions from the experienced:
What would be the ball park values (for reference) with a 1675 circa 1961 that was serviced in 2001 at RSC with the following parts replaced?
- Dial (service dial)
- Hands (service hands)
- Bracelet (later model)
- Bezel Insert
- Crystal

IMG_1675.jpg
darrenho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 05:00 AM   #105
TuRo
"TRF" Member

Ok first question pls OP - in 2001 most service centres would have fitted either a early SWISS Luminova service dial (left over from the A or U production run, or in some instances in smaller volume service centres up to 2005/6 a so-called Tritinova service dial using the old late 90s dial plate with covert Luminova HR marker post-dial-work applied (Panerai did this too right up to 2007 with Pam 24/25 and even 2009 with Pam 305 much to the disdain of we paneristi collectors - I quizzed MD Bonatto about this a year later - he feigned ignorance!).

The photo looks T25... so pls establish if it lumes up Kawasaki green for say 30 secs if you can - then it's a Tritinova dial.

One other factor is that some RSC service centres had tritium service dials in their stocks right up to 2011 eg I recall perhaps Johannesburg is latest I have found - once again if you put under UV or LED it, if it doesn't react much beyond a few seconds/and any reaction there is yellowy green, it's perhaps one of those.

We can go from there - but my rule of thumb is a T25 (legit tritium or Tritinova)is worth more than a swiss dial version btw. Btw the hands have it appears a pinion oil induced/or moisture patinate shade of granulated greying perhaps, so might be tritium once again check under UV.

I bought a fully serviced so to speak Tokyo Japan RSC 1675 with pretty much everything replaced for £8900 as a guide, if if seems all is replaced
Old 12 April 2023, 05:54 AM   #106
some.idiot
"TRF" Member

^ your level of knowledge is amazing, TuRo. I always appreciate reading what you have to say.
some.idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 06:34 AM   #107
darrenho
"TRF" Member

In replying to TuRo: the plots and hands reacted to UV and stayed luminated for about 10 ~ 15 seconds.
Is it tritium or Tritinova?

Image_1675 lume.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRo View Post
Ok first question pls OP - in 2001 most service centres would have fitted either a early SWISS Luminova service dial (left over from the A or U production run, or in some instances in smaller volume service centres up to 2005/6 a so-called Tritinova service dial using the old late 90s dial plate with covert Luminova HR marker post-dial-work applied (Panerai did this too right up to 2007 with Pam 24/25 and even 2009 with Pam 305 much to the disdain of we paneristi collectors - I quizzed MD Bonatto about this a year later - he feigned ignorance!).

The photo looks T25... so pls establish if it lumes up Kawasaki green for say 30 secs if you can - then it's a Tritinova dial.

One other factor is that some RSC service centres had tritium service dials in their stocks right up to 2011 eg I recall perhaps Johannesburg is latest I have found - once again if you put under UV or LED it, if it doesn't react much beyond a few seconds/and any reaction there is yellowy green, it's perhaps one of those.

We can go from there - but my rule of thumb is a T25 (legit tritium or Tritinova)is worth more than a swiss dial version btw. Btw the hands have it appears a pinion oil induced/or moisture patinate shade of granulated greying perhaps, so might be tritium once again check under UV.

I bought a fully serviced so to speak Tokyo Japan RSC 1675 with pretty much everything replaced for £8900 as a guide, if if seems all is replaced
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenho View Post
Seeking opinions from the experienced:
What would be the ball park values (for reference) with a 1675 circa 1961 that was serviced in 2001 at RSC with the following parts replaced?
- Dial (service dial)
- Hands (service hands)
- Bracelet (later model)
- Bezel Insert
- Crystal

Attachment 1360026

Last edited by darrenho; 12 April 2023 at 06:35 AM.. Reason: Insert Quotes
darrenho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 06:01 PM   #108
TuRo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by some.idiot View Post
^ your level of knowledge is amazing, TuRo. I always appreciate reading what you have to say.
Cheers, but there are some here who have forgotten more than I know !
Old 12 April 2023, 06:03 PM   #109
TuRo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenho View Post
In replying to TuRo: the plots and hands reacted to UV and stayed luminated for about 10 ~ 15 seconds.
Is it tritium or Tritinova?

Attachment 1360052
Cheers. Like to see it in hand, but looks like a Tritinova service dial perhaps.

Btw if you're the very adventurous sort, early Pointy Crown Guard/matching 61ish caseback 1675s with service bits can be a nice project, as you can at your leisure, scour the net for a period gilt dial and hands to fit (and sell the other dial and hands for easily £1000-1500)...and voila.... you REALLY have something !!
Old 12 April 2023, 06:44 PM   #110
TimeToGo

Interesting..
TimeToGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2023, 01:54 AM   #111
magana_manuel
"TRF" Member

Congratulation on this beautiful watch!
magana_manuel is offline   Reply With Quote