€3k
47×40×12mm
Lug: 20mm
In stores soon

Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2020, 10:24 AM   #2
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Nice- looks exactly the same as the limited sbgn009 except for the dial and color of gmt hand. I had the chance to try it on a few weeks ago, and it felt nice on the wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2020, 11:32 AM   #3
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Nice understated GMT, great for travel.
Old 15 January 2021, 07:21 AM   #4
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Old thread, I realize, but I just saw these two Grand Seiko GMTs at the GS Boutique in NYC (Soho).

These are stunning, especially the champagne dial (SBGN011). It is not a silver dial. It is a vintage-looking champagne that's so beautiful. But the thing that blew me away is that there's a great optical effect that is not apparent in the photos: It's one of the few GS models that has what is described as a "dual curved" crystal and it gives the watch a funky depth at angle that is super cool and retro, almost like a domed acrylic crystal. Very unique, and none of the other GS models I looked at (about a dozen, including quartz and high beats) had this same effect.

Also loved the blue steel GMT hand, understated case shape that wears as a true 40mm, and the all-brushed bracelet. I don't own any GS models (yet) and I'm not a big fan of quartz (yet), but I was very impressed. At $3K retail, seemed like a lot of bang for the buck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_5256.jpeg (122.6 KB, 135 views)
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2021, 05:21 PM   #5
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Old thread, I realize, but I just saw these two Grand Seiko GMTs at the GS Boutique in NYC (Soho).

These are stunning, especially the champagne dial (SBGN011). It is not a silver dial. It is a vintage-looking champagne that's so beautiful. But the thing that blew me away is that there's a great optical effect that is not apparent in the photos: It's one of the few GS models that has what is described as a "dual curved" crystal and it gives the watch a funky depth at angle that is super cool and retro, almost like a domed acrylic crystal. Very unique, and none of the other GS models I looked at (about a dozen, including quartz and high beats) had this same effect.

Also loved the blue steel GMT hand, understated case shape that wears as a true 40mm, and the all-brushed bracelet. I don't own any GS models (yet) and I'm not a big fan of quartz (yet), but I was very impressed. At $3K retail, seemed like a lot of bang for the buck.
Huge bang for the buck, especially considering they probably won't need servicing in your lifetime (Seiko suggests 50 years). Jack Forster's article about 9F Quartz is well worth a read if you're on the fence.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/se...ith-caliber-9f