The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

View Poll Results: It is rude to gab on your cell phone at the gym if there is no rule against it?
Rude. 115 68.45%
Not rude. 53 31.55%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 January 2020, 04:41 PM   #61
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
As long as you’re not hogging a machine whilst chatting, why would anyone care! Might at least drown out some of the noise from the grunters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2020, 08:42 PM   #62
DLRIDES
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me
Due solely to this being discussed, proves the extent of degradation to mannerisms in society.

Old 14 January 2020, 09:12 PM   #63
crazymcmichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 114060, 216570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
I just enjoy making fun of it. Nothing else. Cheap tho $10 per month

Except you can’t actually lift real weights there... i was trying to move gyms but they told me there’s not much free weights. It’s all about machines and treadmills and such.
If you Phone in that place the alarm would go on

Yes i guess the problem with that gym is that people that like to train ''real'' can't train there but i guess it is a good center for anyone who is considered to be carefull with the future of their joints
I Always got complaints in another fitness chain for deadlifting and such, horrible
crazymcmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2020, 09:13 PM   #64
crazymcmichael
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub 114060, 216570
And euh.. I think it is not rude persé to Phone in the gym.. Except while sitting on a machine that you arent using(than i would send you off))
crazymcmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2020, 09:57 PM   #65
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymcmichael View Post
If you Phone in that place the alarm would go on

Yes i guess the problem with that gym is that people that like to train ''real'' can't train there but i guess it is a good center for anyone who is considered to be carefull with the future of their joints
I Always got complaints in another fitness chain for deadlifting and such, horrible
God forbid you deadlift in any of the TRFers gyms... they would tell u to gently place the weights back. I love Dead lifting. I actually do it raw without a belt.

The gym is the gym it’s not a spa and it’s not a library. If something bothers you about someone else...it’s ur problem not theirs. (Not u specifically, a general you lol)
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2020, 10:15 PM   #66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The gym is the gym it’s not a spa and it’s not a library. If something bothers you about someone else...it’s ur problem not theirs. (Not u specifically, a general you lol)
Not according to granny. Her problem is your problem. She didn't like you "talking watches" without her or John Mayer involved.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2020, 10:29 PM   #67
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
Not according to granny. Her problem is your problem. She didn't like you "talking watches" without her or John Mayer involved.
I don’t want to bring this up but reminded me of my moms when she was going through menopause .
Old 14 January 2020, 10:46 PM   #68
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
It is rude and should not be allowed. If you have to take a call, step away.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2020, 10:50 PM   #69
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
It is rude and should not be allowed. If you have to take a call, step away.
At my gym no sign means it’s allowed and the manager said it’s allowed... so it’s allowed for me.. so anyone telling me otherwise is imposing their will on my personal liberty to do as I please...

Manners goes both ways.
Old 15 January 2020, 12:08 AM   #70
erhein
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Manners goes both ways.
So true. And sometimes context is required. Obviously, none of us was with you at the gym when you took your call. If I'm in a public place and get a call that I have to answer, I look for a private spot in which to speak and I try to keep my voice down for both my own privacy and so as not to disturb others. If this is the context of your call at the gym then, certainly, she was the rude one. I'm amazed, though, at how often I might be in the grocery store, or at the airport, or at the gym (if, say, hypothetically, I ever went to a gym) and can hear someone speaking loudly on his/her phone as if everyone in the vicinity just HAD to know what they were saying. If that was you at the gym, then you were the rude one.
erhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 12:23 AM   #71
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhein View Post
So true. And sometimes context is required. Obviously, none of us was with you at the gym when you took your call. If I'm in a public place and get a call that I have to answer, I look for a private spot in which to speak and I try to keep my voice down for both my own privacy and so as not to disturb others. If this is the context of your call at the gym then, certainly, she was the rude one. I'm amazed, though, at how often I might be in the grocery store, or at the airport, or at the gym (if, say, hypothetically, I ever went to a gym) and can hear someone speaking loudly on his/her phone as if everyone in the vicinity just HAD to know what they were saying. If that was you at the gym, then you were the rude one.
My buddy Ct Eph posted as well since he called but for some reason people think I was carrying a long convo. And I don’t talk loud on the phone. I’m not that guy.

-phone call was 2-3 mins ...it was enough time for me to move 2 45lb plates to another machine. I may troll you guys sometimes but I’m actually a really nice considerate guy.

This lady was having a bad day she was just looking to start a fight with someone. Like I said maybe she wasn’t done yelling at her husband who was about to leave her and she didn’t beat her kid hard enough so she wanted a piece of my sexy fat self. Maybe I should have been nicer to her so that she could have a better day but when someone yells at you right off the bat. Kind of hard to be nice..
Old 15 January 2020, 01:27 AM   #72
Ferdelious
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk/SD4K/SeaQ/P39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
I'll say it again here as in the other thread also. I'm there or one reason, I have my earbuds in and get what I need done. I'm not there to watch or even care what is going on around me. Talk away....
This.
Old 15 January 2020, 02:28 AM   #73
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

In the old days the standard was something like, don’t impose yourself on other people.

It wasn’t “I’m special”

Seems like a good concept.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 02:31 AM   #74
jameholz01
Banned

Watch: 116500
I think it is not rude, I know I do it but not often, might be important.
jameholz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 02:37 AM   #75
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
In the old days the standard was something like, don’t impose yourself on other people.

It wasn’t “I’m special”

Seems like a good concept.
But what if I am special?
Old 15 January 2020, 02:44 AM   #76
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
But what if I am special?
We know you’re special, but that just elevated you to a higher standard manners-wise.

Noblesse oblige and all that.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 02:51 AM   #77
encarter13
"TRF" Member

Not rude unless they are just sitting on the equipment taking up space while talking.

If they are working out, running, walking, biking, etc while on the phone, then no big deal.
Old 15 January 2020, 03:28 AM   #78
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
We know you’re special, but that just elevated you to a higher standard manners-wise.

Noblesse oblige and all that.

Lol. Hugs bro

Old 15 January 2020, 03:41 AM   #79
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
At my gym no sign means it’s allowed and the manager said it’s allowed... so it’s allowed for me.. so anyone telling me otherwise is imposing their will on my personal liberty to do as I please...

Manners goes both ways.
Liberty seems to be a social state of coexistence. We are free to do as we please but that liberty stops generally where it imposes on the liberty of another person in your social space.
You can curse, sneeze, scratch your balls, sing music from your headphones, etc...when you are in your own world, but if a child is present, cursing is inappropriate, if you live above someone, playing music a 2am isn't the right thing, sneezing/coughing/blowing your nose at a dinner table, talking in library, a woman topless on public beach with children around because it's legally okay....

It's just common decency, common sense, manners, morals, and social norms among other things. If you require a sign for how you conduct yourself as a productive adult in society and how to behave in certain scenarios, I'll just say, that is not correct.

Your constant refusal to see a possible issue and continued rebuttal to defend this when in another instance you stated "I was over it on page one", shows that you aren't. It's a thing with you and unless there is seemingly a sign that says otherwise you will continue to act as you please. Good luck.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 04:20 AM   #80
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Liberty seems to be a social state of coexistence. We are free to do as we please but that liberty stops generally where it imposes on the liberty of another person in your social space.
You can curse, sneeze, scratch your balls, sing music from your headphones, etc...when you are in your own world, but if a child is present, cursing is inappropriate, if you live above someone, playing music a 2am isn't the right thing, sneezing/coughing/blowing your nose at a dinner table, talking in library, a woman topless on public beach with children around because it's legally okay....

It's just common decency, common sense, manners, morals, and social norms among other things. If you require a sign for how you conduct yourself as a productive adult in society and how to behave in certain scenarios, I'll just say, that is not correct.

Your constant refusal to see a possible issue and continued rebuttal to defend this when in another instance you stated "I was over it on page one", shows that you aren't. It's a thing with you and unless there is seemingly a sign that says otherwise you will continue to act as you please. Good luck.
actually I Just respond to the thread but I am no longer emotionally invested :)

I’m kind of bored at work...

Hugs tho

Edit: btw guys please don’t take me too seriously.
Old 15 January 2020, 04:25 AM   #81
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
actually I Just respond to the thread but I am no longer emotionally invested :)

Hugs tho

Boredom sucks, which is why I'm here right now haha, but just don't talk on the phone there or you'll be starting a thread on "crazy boss yelled at me for talking on the phone at work."
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 04:29 AM   #82
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Boredom sucks, which is why I'm here right now haha, but just don't talk on the phone there or you'll be starting a thread on "crazy boss yelled at me for talking on the phone at work."
Naw my boss is cool. I just need to make him money. Every day :)

That’s easy
Old 15 January 2020, 04:48 AM   #83
Bigblu10
Banned

Some gyms ask that you leave the gym area and take a phone call either in a common area such as up near the front desk, or locker room, or outside. The biggest annoyance is when someone makes their phone call public for all to hear.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 05:47 AM   #84
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:

Hugs tho

Edit: btw guys please don’t take me too seriously.
I need a hug....
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 06:14 AM   #85
Fat_ninja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
I need a hug....

I got you...
Old 15 January 2020, 06:26 AM   #86