The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 22 October 2021, 06:55 AM   #31
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Great fight or rather battle, Fury with his handspeed, boxing brain, chin, determination has proved he's the best since Lewis, if only he looked physically more like he was fighting in a boxing ring than in a Wetherspoons then he'd be clearly mentioned along with the Tysons and Alis etc.

That is the worry, he will be really fearful of getting hit, which only makes the opponent even more aggressive, and I suspect Wilder will have gained quite alot of confidence from the Fury fight and will really go after the knockdown and will probably get it from a timid gun-shy AJ, he shouldn't take that fight, but then he won't beat/outbox Fury or Usyk so hard for him to go anywhere next, he'll have to rely on a super uppercut Klitschko-style now.
Man that uppercut I remember that, took klitchko off of his feet. That’s how Joshua needs to start fighting again to have any success his last few fights and the tactics have been very poor. Also the fear in his face of actually being punched is evident, actually saw frank Bruno say the same about him on an interview yesterday.

I was never much of a fan of wilder as a boxer but man what a performance he gave that night, definitely not the most skilled boxer but he showed he can go all the way and you can give nothing but respect for that, even though his was very unsportsmanlike at the end but hey, he’s just been absolutely battered after giving his all who knows how you would feel after that. I think you’re right
AJ will NOT want to get hit by wilder and it will br game over very quickly.

Any thoughts on Whyte vs fury anybody; providing it happens?

Whyte is great with an outstanding chin and he is a true warrior but he’s going to me a massive underdog here fury is just too good. He’s proven he can take some phenomenal punches and there’s no real big punchers in the division right now, other than wilder.
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2021, 05:00 PM   #32
pugloaf
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSolution View Post
Any thoughts on Whyte vs fury anybody; providing it happens?

Whyte is great with an outstanding chin and he is a true warrior but he’s going to me a massive underdog here fury is just too good. He’s proven he can take some phenomenal punches and there’s no real big punchers in the division right now, other than wilder.
Fury should easily outbox Whyte. Whyte is vastly overrated IMO.
pugloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2021, 05:39 PM   #33
xrole
"TRF" Member

I think Wilder was the peak of Fury's competition and now it's going be a lot more underwhelming in his next fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
got money on wilder tonight
Hopefully it wasn't much!
xrole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2021, 10:32 PM   #34
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugloaf View Post
Fury should easily outbox Whyte. Whyte is vastly overrated IMO.
Whyte isn't much different than Chisora who was vastly overrated throughout his career. In a perfect world we would get Fury vs Usyk and Wilder vs Joshua but that won't happen because Boxing is stupid like that.
I have always thought Usyk had a good chance as a Heavyweight he is very skillful and can fight. Looks like Joshua is in the US shopping for a new trainer I am not sure anyone can fix his problems at this point he is what he is.
ronricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2021, 04:26 AM   #35
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Whyte isn't much different than Chisora who was vastly overrated throughout his career. In a perfect world we would get Fury vs Usyk and Wilder vs Joshua but that won't happen because Boxing is stupid like that.
I have always thought Usyk had a good chance as a Heavyweight he is very skillful and can fight. Looks like Joshua is in the US shopping for a new trainer I am not sure anyone can fix his problems at this point he is what he is.
He is gonna have to be a pure Wilder now, no more boxing pretense, and just endlessly practice his timing, patience and trap-setting to line up a knockout, he has the power to still beat most opponents if he can stay upright.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote