The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 December 2020, 08:18 AM   #121
quadraaa
"TRF" Member

Get well soon!
quadraaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2020, 11:39 AM   #122
Undefeatable
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
I hope you feel better and better as the days go on! The TRF community is something special, threads like this are proof of that.
Old 16 December 2020, 11:30 PM   #123
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Speedy Recovery! Hang in there.

Most have zero or very little symptoms though.
Old 17 December 2020, 12:04 AM   #124
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Glad you're rounding the corner BigBlue1, that's great news.

I just got a call from a good friend of mine two days ago. He and his family have been compliant with all CDC recommendations, but they still contracted the virus, and have no idea how.

He and his wife flew from southern California to Columbia for a short pleasure trip. He was feeling lousy after a hike at altitude the day after they arrived and ascribed it to altitude sickness. No fever or cough, just fatigue, and was laid up for a few days. While there, he got a call from his mother that she and his dad were feeling under the weather, she had mild upper respiratory symptoms, he was very tired. His dad collapsed while getting into the passenger seat. She called 911 and he was transported by EMS after resuscitation to the closest hospital where he was admitted to the nearly full ICU. My friend and his wife flew home immediately. Unfortunately his dad was down too long in the field and declared brain-dead two days later. While in the ICU they tested him and he was COVID positive. My friend and his mom were then tested and their tests came back positive, while his wife tested negative. Somehow they had contracted this just before he and his wife left his parents' home.

He and his mom are feeling better now, and isolating separately from his wife. They were never able to see his father after he was taken to the hospital, and did not get to say goodbye before they as a family decided to discontinue life support. His physicians are pretty confident that this was a COVID related arrest as he has no known significant cardiac risk factors. He had to find a funeral home service that could collect his father's body for cremation, with the remains to be delivered to their home while they isolate. They hope to have a memorial when it's considered safe to do so.

He and his mother are thankful that his dad was at least given a chance at recovery. The day they were set to discontinue life support, they were supposed to receive a call in the morning. It took several hours to get this call, as the entire hospital and ER were filled with COVID patients also on the brink of intubation or death, and there wasn't even time to properly and respectfully help his father die in peace until later that day.

The vast majority of people infected with this virus will be just fine. But the tragedy wrought on a small percentage (but MASSIVE absolute number) of people from all walks of life is just unimaginable and oh so real. Please be careful out there, stay safe, and get vaccinated when the opportunity arises.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2020, 12:11 AM   #125
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
Glad you're rounding the corner BigBlue1, that's great news.

I just got a call from a good friend of mine two days ago. He and his family have been compliant with all CDC recommendations, but they still contracted the virus, and have no idea how.

He and his wife flew from southern California to Columbia for a short pleasure trip. He was feeling lousy after a hike at altitude the day after they arrived and ascribed it to altitude sickness. No fever or cough, just fatigue, and was laid up for a few days. While there, he got a call from his mother that she and his dad were feeling under the weather, she had mild upper respiratory symptoms, he was very tired. His dad collapsed while getting into the passenger seat. She called 911 and he was transported by EMS after resuscitation to the closest hospital where he was admitted to the nearly full ICU. My friend and his wife flew home immediately. Unfortunately his dad was down too long in the field and declared brain-dead two days later. While in the ICU they tested him and he was COVID positive. My friend and his mom were then tested and their tests came back positive, while his wife tested negative. Somehow they had contracted this just before he and his wife left his parents' home.

He and his mom are feeling better now, and isolating separately from his wife. They were never able to see his father after he was taken to the hospital, and did not get to say goodbye before they as a family decided to discontinue life support. His physicians are pretty confident that this was a COVID related arrest as he has no known significant cardiac risk factors. He had to find a funeral home service that could collect his father's body for cremation, with the remains to be delivered to their home while they isolate. They hope to have a memorial when it's considered safe to do so.

He and his mother are thankful that his dad was at least given a chance at recovery. The day they were set to discontinue life support, they were supposed to receive a call in the morning. It took several hours to get this call, as the entire hospital and ER were filled with COVID patients also on the brink of intubation or death, and there wasn't even time to properly and respectfully help his father die in peace until later that day.

The vast majority of people infected with this virus will be just fine. But the tragedy wrought on a small percentage (but MASSIVE absolute number) of people from all walks of life is just unimaginable and oh so real. Please be careful out there, stay safe, and get vaccinated when the opportunity arises.
That is an awful story and I am very sorry to hear it. We recently lost a grandmother due to COVID. She was living in an independent living facility and wasn't feeling very well. She received the positive test on Monday morning and by Friday we had lost her. We didn't get to say our goodbyes her body just crashed while she was in the hospital through the night.

I understand that for a lot of people this disease doesn't pose a major threat, but there is always the chance that there will be complications. I feel very sorry for anyone that has to go through what we had to go through as a family.

It is great knowing that in 4 months time hopefully the vaccine will be readily available and we can move onto some form of normality. Life will obviously never be the same especially with the amount of loved ones lost.

hope everyone stays safe through this holiday season and hope 2021 is a great year!
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2020, 12:15 AM   #126
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Welp, my wife tested positive last evening, and now I go for a test tomorrow.

We've been so careful and we let out guard down just once (letting a family member come in to do some work on our hardwood floors that recently suffered some water damage, i did hear him cough but didn't think much if it since it's that time of year), and sure enough...here we are.... had we known... and that family member needs to get tested as well, but he said he was feeling very lousy, and he did come into contact with another family member who did test positive this weekend. My wife is pissed at her family. She's pregnant.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2020, 01:47 AM   #127
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
I am-very sorry to hear these sad stories. That is the terrible thing about this (@$*@int virus, while the majority of victims (something like 96%) were especially vulnerable, some, were perfectly healthy and just died. Myself, being healthy and in good shape, am honestly not concerned about getting it. I certainly don’t WANT it, but I am more concerned about getting it with no symptoms and passing it on to my 86 year old mother. Then again, there was an actor and professional dancer, can’t remember his name, 20 years my junior and obviously in superior shape, that lingered for 40 days and then passed; scary. OP, and the other member that stated they were positive, I hope you get better very soon and are on your way to complete recovery!
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2020, 09:56 AM   #128
BigBlue1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
I am-very sorry to hear these sad stories. That is the terrible thing about this (@$*@int virus, while the majority of victims (something like 96%) were especially vulnerable, some, were perfectly healthy and just died. Myself, being healthy and in good shape, am honestly not concerned about getting it. I certainly don’t WANT it, but I am more concerned about getting it with no symptoms and passing it on to my 86 year old mother. Then again, there was an actor and professional dancer, can’t remember his name, 20 years my junior and obviously in superior shape, that lingered for 40 days and then passed; scary. OP, and the other member that stated they were positive, I hope you get better very soon and are on your way to complete recovery!
Thanks Paul,

I hope I am recovering.
I think im doing better but it is too early to tell.
Today is day 10 of symptoms.
I have not had a fever or had to take any type of fever reducer and think my symptoms are improving ever so slowly.
My oxygen is 98 and beats are like 91.
No respitory issues yet fingers crossed.
Please heed the advice and do respect this virus.
I know you say " You are not concerned about getting it" but you should be.
I was in pretty good shape myself.
This virus doesn't care about race, color, creed, age, fitness and etc.
It really just comes down obviously to underlying health conditions and your bodies own immune response to the virus.
The thing that happens to a lot of these young people and or healthy people is its body goes into Cytokine Storm.
The body starts attacking itself and your own organs.
Very horrible.
Just be afraid of the virus as it definitely has the potential to cause you great harm and or even death.
When you look at this virus that's how you should treat it DEATH.
Im not trying to scare anyone but it had me questioning my own mortality.
I would have never thought I would get it and if I did that I would have the horrible experience I have had.
Not saying you don't but everyone needs to RESPECT THIS MONSTER.
It's no longer Political!!!!!

Big Shout out to Chris AKA TswaneNguni .. The Doc

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
BigBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2020, 10:46 AM   #129
Casey VP-26
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the update, Best Wishes from a Rolex Buddy.
Casey VP-26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2020, 11:28 AM   #130
singe89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP & Patek
Pretty crazy virus. Wife, mom and brother just tested positive. I’m assuming I am a well since I was in a car with them for 24 hours over the last week (just waiting for results) Wife and I have zero symptoms, my mother is 65 and has fatigue and a slight cough and my 29 year old brother looks like a truck ran him over twice. He’s a firefighter and in by far the best shape of all of us and it’s hitting him hard. Stay safe everyone and speedy recovery for those that have it.
singe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2020, 12:08 PM   #131
SemperFi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Keep up the fight BB. Hopefully you’re on the downward slope of this thing.
Tudor Ranger 79910
Nomos Club Datum 733
Nomos Metro 38
Stowa Flieger Classic 40

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2020, 12:14 PM   #132
Chloe&Harley
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss white
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperfi View Post
keep up the fight bb. Hopefully you’re on the downward slope of this thing.
x2
Chloe&Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2020, 12:38 PM   #133
alonsowwss
"TRF" Member

Watch: DateJust 41
I hope you and your loved ones get better and leave this virus behind soon enough.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Old 17 December 2020, 12:49 PM   #134
BigBlue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by singe89 View Post
Pretty crazy virus. Wife, mom and brother just tested positive. I’m assuming I am a well since I was in a car with them for 24 hours over the last week (just waiting for results) Wife and I have zero symptoms, my mother is 65 and has fatigue and a slight cough and my 29 year old brother looks like a truck ran him over twice. He’s a firefighter and in by far the best shape of all of us and it’s hitting him hard. Stay safe everyone and speedy recovery for those that have it.
Good luck to them. They will be in my thoughts tonight. God bless.

RIP Mikey
Old 17 December 2020, 12:57 PM   #135
RichM

Watch: out now,take care!
Glad to hear you’re feeling better. Please keep us updated.
TRF #139960
RichM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2020, 01:19 PM   #136
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1 View Post
Thanks Paul,

I hope I am recovering.
I have not had a fever or had to take any type of fever reducer and think my symptoms are improving ever so slowly.
It really just comes down obviously to underlying health conditions and your bodies own immune response to the virus.
The thing that happens to a lot of these young people and or healthy people is its body goes into Cytokine Storm.
Very horrible.
Just be afraid of the virus as it definitely has the potential to cause you great harm and or even death.
I would have never thought I would get it and if I did that I would have the horrible experience I have had.

Glad you are feeling better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2020, 02:55 PM   #137
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue1 View Post
Thanks Paul,

I hope I am recovering.
Very horrible.

Sounds like you are on the mend and I am very glad to hear that.

The complete unpredictability of this thing is just bizarre. Our neighbors got it early in March. The husband felt like death for two weeks solid. His wife had a headache and very slight fever for only two days. He was back to normal after a month, yet his wife still does not have her complete senses of taste and smell after more than six months.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2020, 07:26 PM   #138
SeeDweller

Watch: 5212 (blasphemy!)
Hey, John...
Just checking back in with you (on this thread) and SO happy to hear that you’re making the turn around. It’s true that this crazy virus doesn’t seem to be predictable as to who it hits - Hard!! Just glad it wasn’t you, amigo.
Still in my prayers - and maybe I even want you to win the Sub on Sunday!!! (for sure, there’s not a one of us who’s life it would brighten up, more than yours!!!)
All the best at fighting and beating this thing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'21 116506 (Daytona, Blue dial)..|..... '22 116508 (Daytona, Green dial)
'21 126619LB (Submariner, Blue) ...|... '20 126710-BLNR (GMT-II, Batgirl)

.... and still trying to scratch that itch!.....
SeeDweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2020, 10:22 PM   #139
BigBlue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeDweller View Post
Hey, John...
Just checking back in with you (on this thread) and SO happy to hear that you’re making the turn around. It’s true that this crazy virus doesn’t seem to be predictable as to who it hits - Hard!! Just glad it wasn’t you, amigo.
Still in my prayers - and maybe I even want you to win the Sub on Sunday!!! (for sure, there’s not a one of us who’s life it would brighten up, more than yours!!!)
All the best at fighting and beating this thing!!!

Thanks Bob. I appreciate the warm comments. Wining that watch would sure brighten up my life��. Wouldn’t it brighten up yours? Anyways again Thanks for checking in Bob. Much appreciated. This thread is a testament to how caring of a community TRF really is

RIP Mikey
Old 17 December 2020, 10:28 PM   #140
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
I’m truly happy to hear that you seem to be turning the corner. I hope you make a full recovery and I hope to meet you on the zoom call on Sunday
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2020, 10:55 PM   #141
chris242

Watch: 116610lv
how’s the recovery going??

chris242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2020, 12:39 AM   #142
BigBlue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris242 View Post
how’s the recovery going??

Hi Chris,

The recovery is going. Not as fast as I want but it’s going. I’m not going to complain as I’m fortunate to be able to sit here and document my experience as a lot of less fortunate people are unable to join there families today do to a love one lost and taken from this unwavering virus that many still consider a political gambit. I still suffer from fatigue which can linger for months from what I understand. I’m obviously hoping I’ll be back up to speed sooner than later. I feel like I have a sinus infection on crack, although I’ve never done crack. I have been using a humidifier in my room and it definitely helps a lot. Today I’ll be heading out to get a Incentive Spirometer to build up my breathing and strengthen my lungs. I can almost explain the feeling as having pneumonia but without the coughing and fever. It’s nuts.

I recommend all these items if you get Covid
I am not a Dr
But have gotten all my knowledge from friend who are Drs, RN, Diabetic Specialists and Anesthesiologist AKA Chris

Vitamin D3 25 mcg
Zinc 25mg( buy the 50mg and break in half)
Vitamin C 500 3x a day
Vit B12 500mcg 1x or 2 doesn’t matter as any extra will be flushed out the body
Multi Vitamin Mens 2x A Day
3x Digestive Enzyme
1 Probiotic
Elderberry
Alpha Lipoic Acid 300mg twice a day between meals
L-arginine x1 between meals a day
L-Carnitine 500mg x1 or 2 a day
NAC N-Acetyl-L-Custeine

I also take Osteo Bi Flex as well for my joints too

Remember these are my recommendations and am not a Dr. please check with your Dr before you take any of these.

I also picked up

Humidifier
Pulse Oximeter
Saline spray
Vicks VapoShower Aromatherapy Shower Bomb, Soothing Vicks Vapor Steam usually 3 packs

It’s pain in the ass but right now at this point everything’s a guess and Nono e knows for certain what does what for what, but anything that can help the immune system can’t hurt.

Take care of yourselves first then your family. If your not well what good you going to do your family.
I wish you all the very best.

RIP Mikey
Old 18 December 2020, 02:37 AM   #143
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Yep, got tested this morning. Positive. No surprise since my wife tested positive on Tuesday evening. So far I feel fine. Symptoms for me included a cold and sinus infection this past weekend which was the worst of it, as well as loss of taste (I already cant smell, so that didn't help determining, but my was taste distinctly diminished). I actually feel fine as of yesterday, and just have a slight headache right now.
Old 18 December 2020, 02:41 AM   #144
function12
"TRF" Member

Been there done that.
I got it July 4th from a co-worker. He was fine in 3 days and my life sucked for 3 weeks.
Horrific headaches, light cough, low temp, and just wanted to sleep for days. Did not want to drink or eat anything for about a week. I think I had a piece of toast and 2 glasses of water in a 4 day period of time.
My wife got it a week after I did. She was down for 3 weeks too.
Depression sets in too because you feel so hopeless and there does not seem to be any light at the end of the very dark tunnel.
This is up there with kidney stones. Total helpless feeling but damn kidney stones pass in a few days. This shit just keeps giving!!
I slowly starting feeling better and then it would kick my ass again for a few days. Then I would get 2 good days back to back. Then kick my ass again. It was an evil cycle.
I hope you start to feel better.
I truly believe this is way more contagious then they are telling people and I think it sit on surface for a while too. Just my 2 1/2 cents.
function12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2020, 03:08 AM   #145
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by function12 View Post
Been there done that.
I got it July 4th from a co-worker. He was fine in 3 days and my life sucked for 3 weeks.
Horrific headaches, light cough, low temp, and just wanted to sleep for days. Did not want to drink or eat anything for about a week. I think I had a piece of toast and 2 glasses of water in a 4 day period of time.
My wife got it a week after I did. She was down for 3 weeks too.
Depression sets in too because you feel so hopeless and there does not seem to be any light at the end of the very dark tunnel.
This is up there with kidney stones. Total helpless feeling but damn kidney stones pass in a few days. This shit just keeps giving!!
I slowly starting feeling better and then it would kick my ass again for a few days. Then I would get 2 good days back to back. Then kick my ass again. It was an evil cycle.
I hope you start to feel better.
I truly believe this is way more contagious then they are telling people and I think it sit on surface for a while too. Just my 2 1/2 cents.

That's more like how my mom experienced it. She's just starting to feel better. I relieved, but due to our recent positive tests we won't be making the road trip to see my parents in NY this year for the Holidays. Literally the first time in all my life I won't be going home for Christmas. I can't complain though, things could have been much worse.
Old 18 December 2020, 09:35 AM   #146
hpintime1
Banned

You will beat it without a scare, .....complete recoveries soonest.
hpintime1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2020, 03:41 AM   #147
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
I had sort of the long drawn out recovery. About 3 weeks were terrible. Then the next 3 months some good days some bad. It definitely changed my thinking and made me sad.

I treated myself to keep my sinuses open and ensure mucus didn’t build. Had two rounds of antibiotics.

Lost taste and smell but got them back. One day i felt really good.

Personally I do feel that there should be a trial to determine if China should have to pay to help get the vaccine distributed. It isn’t fair to small countries especially if there was gross negligence. And it seems China was locking up whistle blowers. I truly hope they are brought to an international court and that there is a true international investigation. Let the facts be presented like civilized countries and if they did mess up it would be shameful for them to not help make it right.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2020, 03:47 AM   #148
Maxtor
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp 1, DJ Tuxedo
Good luck. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery!
Maxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2020, 04:37 AM   #149
BigBlue1

It only Gets worse I’m telling ya.
My Mother tested Positive
My Step Father
My Younger Brother.
I swear.

RIP Mikey
Old 19 December 2020, 04:48 AM   #150
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Very glad that TRF members describe their covid positive experience here .

South Africa's second wave is with a mutation similar to the one identified in the south of the UK .
More 15-19y olds,looks even more aggressive in transmission and spreading .
A bit soon,because its summer,we expected it in Apr/May 2021.
Worried about the effects from January on wards .
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote