The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 September 2018, 05:53 AM   #31
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
It looks fine on you, these APs are not supposed to show much skin unless you are a real gorilla, so stop overthinking it and enjoy the watch which you admit you like far more than the Rolex.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2018, 01:23 PM   #32
T3F
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Rather long round about way to do a sales post fella

In reality, I'm super bummed. I really, really like this watch -- from a pure looks standpoint, I'm not sure there's anything I like more -- I just can't quite pull the size off. To rub salt in the wound, the whole thing could have been prevented had the AP boutique had a full body mirror instead of those tiny ones that just let you see your wrist. To rub even more salt in the wound, this disappointment is going to cost me some money, although it remains to seen how much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
It looks fine on you, these APs are not supposed to show much skin unless you are a real gorilla, so stop overthinking it and enjoy the watch which you admit you like far more than the Rolex.
Thanks, but that picture is a bit flattering and doesn't tell the whole story. Everyone in my family agreed that it looked too big on me, so it's hard to convince myself otherwise, especially when I felt the same way.
Old 20 September 2018, 04:08 PM   #33
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3F View Post

In reality, I'm super bummed. I really, really like this watch -- from a pure looks standpoint, I'm not sure there's anything I like more -- I just can't quite pull the size off. To rub salt in the wound, the whole thing could have been prevented had the AP boutique had a full body mirror instead of those tiny ones that just let you see your wrist. To rub even more salt in the wound, this disappointment is going to cost me some money, although it remains to seen how much.
I honestly think it looks good on you! It’s an oversized watch by design and is meant to look big and imposing!

If purchased from the boutique why not just return it?
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2018, 06:57 PM   #34
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
One of your pics is quite close in and it still doesn't look bad on you so I'm pretty sure the watch is fine for you, if I had to go by my family's opinion or a group of AP WIS's I wouldn't let my family have the last word. Measure your wrist for a final measure, if it is around 6.75-7 inches you are fine.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote