The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 18 January 2020, 10:10 AM   #31
1watch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nastie View Post
Adding to the query instead of starting a new thread, I also have a 1675 with a black bezel which I'm happy with; however, I considering adding a "Pepsi" bezel for a different look.

May I ask my fellow members what would be a period correct insert for my 1675 from 1978?

Am I assuming correctly it is one with a "red" back or is it a "blue" back? Fat or skinny font? Any other particular details to keep an eye on?

I believe it would be a red back with fat (not mega fat) font. I’m not an expert on the cut points of these font/back differences though.

I know there are differing opinions here, but think you’re playing it right to go period vs a current service insert. Yes, period correct parts do impact value and desirability to most vintage fans and just look better since they match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2020, 12:01 PM   #32
1watch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
I just want a Pepsi service bezel at 70 euro. I would rather buy and add another 1675 (or a 16710) with a pepsi bezel than spend 1-2k on a vintage bezel.

I spoke to a friend of mine who is dating someone from an AD (not just an employee). He said no can do, they won't sell one, needs to be traded in. So that's the second Rolex AD.

Understand your interest and I just have a difference of opinion. I wouldn’t go to Rolex for anything having to do with vintage pieces or trade a correct part for a new replacement part.
1watch is offline   Reply With Quote