The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 17 October 2019, 04:57 AM   #91
Mandy01
Banned

Watch: 126333, 114060
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetfish View Post
Hi TRF,

Wanted to highlight a recent issue while purchasing a Rolex 116622.

I have been searching the market for some time now for a STICKERED example.

I reached out to them before making the purchase, to confirm their "new" example in stock was in fact STICKERED... see attached:

This is the watch I received, "stickered" in aftermarket plastic wrap, with not a single factory sticker in tact.

After receiving the watch this morning, I reached out to Authenticwatches.com to discuss that this is not the product I was expecting. They went on to state it’s indeed stickered, and that I should have clarified that it was factory stickered.

They are offering a refund, but with a 10% restocking fee...fking ridiculous.

Their manager, Peter Grant was nothing but unprofessional, and went on to state that it's not their problem, as stickers, although not factory, are on the watch...

He also went on to state that in the watch world, stickered doesn’t mean factory stickered.

I will never do business with them again, and highly suggest other TRF members to steer clear.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can remedy this issue? Who would I file a complaint with?

Seems like a lost cause....
How innocent from them ehhh assuming you did not mean stickers originals from Rolex, you know that is why most of the grey dealers has such a bad reputation.
Mandy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 04:58 AM   #92
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonatto View Post

Respect
Sorry for the flex, but being called out by some dbag for "looking for a quick flip" and "you got what you deserved" type attitude pushed me to the edge!

And to think... just 10yrs ago I ridiculed a colleague for spending 10k on an IWC *which i had no idea what it was at the time* to where I'm at today... it's been a STEEP learning curve!
streetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 05:01 AM   #93
cbalster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Who was it that was saying I was just looking to flip for a quick profit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I am not worthy!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reverso bbg kb.jpg (78.0 KB, 627 views)
cbalster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 05:01 AM   #94
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyfromleeds View Post
Actually id like to thank you for posting this , because I think its very underhand what they did to get the sale , stickered up means stickered up like they come from out of the shop , we all know this and so do they !
They have pulled a fast one to get a sale and they should be named and shamed,
the watch world is rather small and the posting of their name on the internet will cost them business im sure of that and the restocking fee is also more proof of a rip off company ,

p.s look at the 14 day distance selling act / law it may be a way out of the mess

im also going to warn others on social media about these guys

best regards

Please on social media!
Old 17 October 2019, 05:02 AM   #95
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalster View Post
I am not worthy!!!
That's a BEAUT! Love it, that moon phase is so nice!
Old 17 October 2019, 05:04 AM   #96
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Great collection. I would send the watch back and like another posted, small claims court. Shocking if they would let it go that far. Their tactics are clearly underhanded and they need to be outed. Keep us posted.
GoingPlaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 05:07 AM   #97
eteokles
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
So you’d happily pay $1000 for some stickers
No, I'd pay $1,000 not to have to look at a watch that constantly reminded me of a terribly bad buying experience.
eteokles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 05:14 AM   #98
nworbled
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
In case someone from Authentic Watches reads this thread I'm just posting here to add my voice in support of the OP. Clearly that was a purposeful misrepresentation by authenticwatches.com and they should take the watch back with a full refund and no restocking fee.

On a side note, the name of the website and company is funny. Whenever I see a company that is called "Best Furniture" or "World's Best Coffee" or "Authentic Watches" or something like that, I tend to avoid them.
nworbled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 05:20 AM   #99
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eteokles View Post
No, I'd pay $1,000 not to have to look at a watch that constantly reminded me of a terribly bad buying experience.
I think you're right...part of me wants to say fk it to the $1k and expose these snakes for their shady dealings.
Old 17 October 2019, 05:21 AM   #100
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nworbled View Post
In case someone from Authentic Watches reads this thread I'm just posting here to add my voice in support of the OP. Clearly that was a purposeful misrepresentation by authenticwatches.com and they should take the watch back with a full refund and no restocking fee.

On a side note, the name of the website and company is funny. Whenever I see a company that is called "Best Furniture" or "World's Best Coffee" or "Authentic Watches" or something like that, I tend to avoid them.
Appreciate the support. I should have known better, but my excitement to find a NEW/Stickered 116622 Platinum Dial clouded my judgement.
Old 17 October 2019, 05:21 AM   #101
streetfish
"TRF" Member

I have emailed the ceo@authenticwatches.com.

I am hoping this is not their general business practices, but rather a unprofessional GM...

Will be posting his response once received.
Old 17 October 2019, 05:46 AM   #102
bigfatpauli
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Paid by wire...ugh.

As for the explorer, how much you want for the beautiful stickered example?
Haha :)

I wonder if IC3 would be the right people to contact then. I had an issue years ago when I bought a watch on the bay "complete with box and papers" and the box and papers where the cardboard shipping box and news papers (and the watch). They got local police involved.

www.ic3.gov
bigfatpauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 05:47 AM   #103
psv
"TRF" Member

OK, here is what I would do: if the CEO doesn't make you whole, then I'd negotiate a $500 restocking fee and them to take back the darn thing.

The sticker on the caseback is from a 3rd party after the watch has been (professionally?) polished. You basically bought a used polished watch with unknown background and age for $9K. I fully understand that you have a lot going planning a wedding, but I'd take the $500 hit and learn the lession.

Life is short, take a small hit, and move on. And give that stunning rosegold Daytona to the wife instead :-)
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 06:07 AM   #104
tng11
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear about the problems OP. It seems that they were definitely misleading as that's not what conventional "stickered" means. Unfortunately you really have to buy the seller. Stickers may mean that the watch is brand new/unworn/unpolished but even I'm skeptical these days as how hard is it to reapply/fake stickers? It sure is a sticky situation.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 06:15 AM   #105
psv
"TRF" Member

About buying the seller - it goes way beyond that.

I was rather recently in a spat with a well-know vintage dealer. He described a watch as "mint" but clearly it has tons of scratches and marks, which is not my definition of mint. He got upset and did not want to be questioned.

At the end of the day, only buy from someone you trust and always have recent photos/documentation of the actual watch. It should be about facts, not semantics and definition of words.
Old 17 October 2019, 06:19 AM   #106
streetfish
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
OK, here is what I would do: if the CEO doesn't make you whole, then I'd negotiate a $500 restocking fee and them to take back the darn thing.

The sticker on the caseback is from a 3rd party after the watch has been (professionally?) polished. You basically bought a used polished watch with unknown background and age for $9K. I fully understand that you have a lot going planning a wedding, but I'd take the $500 hit and learn the lession.

Life is short, take a small hit, and move on. And give that stunning rosegold Daytona to the wife instead :-)

Wait, so this is 100% polished?

The website and sale was contingent upon “brand new”!!!!

Old 17 October 2019, 06:23 AM   #107
JK2Raptor
"TRF" Member

I take it that orange label says the watch can’t be returned if the “stickers” are removed? What a bunch of BS! I’ve read somewhere (probably on here) to avoid this company, because of unscrupulous and misleading advertising. They sure can tempt you with that and their prices. I get their sales emails all the time.

Thanks for the post OP, will definitely be avoiding them. Good luck and I hope you get resolution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JK2Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 06:30 AM   #108
psv
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Wait, so this is 100% polished?

The website and sale was contingent upon “brand new”!!!!
Impossible to say for sure, but I would be that it has at least been touched up. That sticker is the standard sticker a watchmaker, Rolex or not, puts on a serviced watch.

Since you have several other Rolex watches, I would put the underside of my thumb against the edges of the underside of the case. They are always sharp on Rolex. Compare to the others, I would bet that the Yachtmaster's edges will feel a bit softer/duller.

No way to know for sure, but it usually a good indicator.
Old 17 October 2019, 06:34 AM   #109
LigerBelair
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea-Dweller 50th A
Wish this thread had remained on the primary board rather than moved here.
LigerBelair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 06:34 AM   #110
dera
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
Impossible to say for sure, but I would be that it has at least been touched up. That sticker is the standard sticker a watchmaker, Rolex or not, puts on a serviced watch.

Since you have several other Rolex watches, I would put the underside of my thumb against the edges of the underside of the case. They are always sharp on Rolex. Compare to the others, I would bet that the Yachtmaster's edges will feel a bit softer/duller.

No way to know for sure, but it usually a good indicator.
Yachtmaster case is different with softer edges from the factory, than other professional models.
dera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 06:35 AM   #111
The Libertine
Banned

Watch: 16710;14060;214270
Quote:
Appreciate the support. I should have known better, but my excitement to find a NEW/Stickered 116622 Platinum Dial clouded my judgement.
Don’t beat yourself up. Blatant misrepresentation on the part of Authentic Watches.
The Libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 06:44 AM   #112
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigerBelair View Post
Wish this thread had remained on the primary board rather than moved here.
Agree
FTX I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 07:10 AM   #113
jack0
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
Agree
Perhaps the OP should update their polished vs unpolished thread with more detail.
jack0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 07:31 AM   #114
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack0 View Post
Perhaps the OP should update their polished vs unpolished thread with more detail.
I could be wrong but I think it will end here as well. I understand why mods have moved this one. I just wish more people could read.
Old 17 October 2019, 07:52 AM   #115
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
To advertise a watch as stickered when it has store bought saran wrap on it is fraud. File a complaint with the State Department of Consumer Affairs
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 08:15 AM   #116
007timer
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Sorry OP. But this is absolute bullshit. I know some have expressed that you shouldn’t expect a new watch that is fully stickers, I completely disagree with them. If someone advertises brand new watch with stickers. It’s is meant and understood as factory.

To their logic, if you put a Mickey Mouse stickers on it, then technically it has stickers!!! Get the F out of here.

It was partially misleading (assuming the condition of the watch is MINT) but their claim is something to be upset about. You should light them up, write reviews like you did here and on Yelp etc.

I don’t know if you would have bought the watch regardless of the “stickers”. If you would have for the same price, then move on and enjoy your watch. Otherwise. I think you have a legitimate bone to pick with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
007timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 08:37 AM   #117
goldfixer21
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Just noticed this case back sticker... is this OEM at least?

I could be wrong, but that doesn't look like a factory finish on the case back, or the back of the case itself. I would say it has been refinished.
goldfixer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 08:39 AM   #118
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack0 View Post
Perhaps they’ll claim the next watch they sell comes with ‘box and papers’ and ship it in a shoe box with a copy of the Washington Post?
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2019, 08:41 AM   #119
FTX I
"TRF" Member

^lol
Old 17 October 2019, 08:50 AM   #120
dera
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfixer21 View Post
I could be wrong, but that doesn't look like a factory finish on the case back, or the back of the case itself. I would say it has been refinished.
Impossible to say from that picture if it's been polished or not.
And remember, the case on a YM is different than other sports models.

Agree on the stickers though, stickered = stickered, not wrapped in something.

Can't tell if the bracelet has factory stickers though.
dera is offline   Reply With Quote