The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 December 2019, 03:36 AM   #31
Mad Hatter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred48 View Post
yes, I have it with blue dial and bracelet - beautiful.

Mine runs about 4-5 sec fast (in all positions) on my timegrapher, and I thought about opening the case back to see if I could find the regulation lever/screw, but the back is impossible to remove without a special, expensive tool.

Maybe just as well; still within COSC on wrist.

Congrats on your new watch.
Thanks! You too!
Mad Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2020, 01:55 PM   #32
Camdamonium
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hublot DepecheMode
It’s normal, they just produce high volume. NOT all models are discounted. Many are, but some models like the gold heritages they won’t discount at all. Before the SOH II came out, my sales guy tried to get one with gold bezel for himself but they would not discount it at all for him...

So in other words, it’s not a flat discount. Based on the model and how the market for it is doing at any given time.

Just know if you buy from an AD, that means less are available to go to the gray market. Therefore, you are (minimally) contributing to less watches at a lower price on the gray market. If enough people made the change and Breitling cut production perhaps 20% or so, the gray market would be minimized.

Good luck in your search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Camdamonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 January 2020, 01:06 PM   #33
DoubleJG
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060 & 16570
I picked up my first Breitling about a month ago, the SOH 2, blue 42 on a mesh bracelet. I debated going grey or AD. I ultimately went AD, with a 20% discount. I’m very happy with the purchase thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoubleJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2020, 09:05 AM   #34
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

to me, i figure get at least 15-20% at an AD, 30% at a grey. the extra 10-15% maybe adds up to $4-500 or one servicing. I'd say thats worth it for me to have my name on my papers. once the spread gets bigger and bigger then maybe i'd have to think harder or if you're a serial flipper then breitling may not be a great choice.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2020, 04:36 AM   #35
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
to me, i figure get at least 15-20% at an AD, 30% at a grey. the extra 10-15% maybe adds up to $4-500 or one servicing. I'd say thats worth it for me to have my name on my papers. once the spread gets bigger and bigger then maybe i'd have to think harder or if you're a serial flipper then breitling may not be a great choice.
breitlings cost much more than 400-500 to service. They replace the hands on all but a few models. The least amount I've ever paid to service a breitling is like $750.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote