The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 September 2022, 05:47 PM   #1
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
EBay and PayPal disputes

I purchased a couple of items off the eBay which turned out to be counterfeit.
I've started a dispute through PayPal as the seller was unwilling to settle the matter amicably.
I have included unboxing videos, pictures and all the exchanges where I present him with the differences between a genuine item and his cheap imitations. His responses are pretty telling as well.
It's not any large amount. A couple hundred euros. But it's a matter of principle not to mention 1000 better uses for the money.
The seller seems to be all the time claiming the PayPal and eBay money back guarantee. Is that a new way for scammers to make money and have the platforms foot the bill while they get away with it?
Any advice from members who have had similar experience would be appreciated.
Old 21 September 2022, 07:23 PM   #2
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

You need to begin by Initiating a Return "with" Ebay. You do not need to go back and forth with the Seller or Paypal. Ebay will side with you, send you a return shipping label (if he does not) and once tracking shows it was delivered, you should get your refund.
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2022, 07:35 PM   #3
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToGo View Post
You need to begin by Initiating a Return "with" Ebay. You do not need to go back and forth with the Seller or Paypal. Ebay will side with you, send you a return shipping label (if he does not) and once tracking shows it was delivered, you should get your refund.
I initiated a dispute with PayPal so eBay said I should go on with them instead.
Post office will not accept me shipping a counterfeit item. And I've only still got one of them as one arrived damaged and placed in sealed plastic by the post. I received a warning for transport of chemical substances ! The smell was so intense that I had to discard it after documenting with videos and pics.
Paypal has not issued me with any further instructions yet as they're still waiting on the seller's response.
Old 21 September 2022, 10:38 PM   #4
HHIslander
"TRF" Member

You will most likely win the dispute with whomever you file with, I’d wait that process out to see what happens. Both PayPal and eBay just about always side with the buyer in situations like this.
HHIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 September 2022, 11:50 PM   #5
Xenophon
2024 Pledge Member

I had a dispute with ebay over a Breitling that was described as in good condition but was water damaged and a write-off when I recieved it. It took three months to get it resolved and for me to get a refund. Once the watch was returned and tracked then the seller claimed that I sent him back an empty box i.e. did not return the watch. Thankfully ebay told him that they wouldn't pursue this and he'd have to go via the legal channels which, of course he never did. Apparently items over £500GBP are dealt with differently than those under.
Old 22 September 2022, 03:52 AM   #6
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
I had a dispute with ebay over a Breitling that was described as in good condition but was water damaged and a write-off when I recieved it. It took three months to get it resolved and for me to get a refund. Once the watch was returned and tracked then the seller claimed that I sent him back an empty box i.e. did not return the watch. Thankfully ebay told him that they wouldn't pursue this and he'd have to go via the legal channels which, of course he never did. Apparently items over £500GBP are dealt with differently than those under.
How surprising!

In my case the scammer offered to reimburse me with a direct wire in my bank account in exchange of me dropping the cases on paypal. Which of course I accepted. When I saw 20 euros I thought he was testing whether the wire would get through successfully. So I let him know that he could send the rest. Alas that was all he would send. Then kept asking it back.
Old 23 September 2022, 08:33 PM   #7
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Well, that was quick! 1st case (was 2 items) resolved, in my favor. Waiting on the 2nd one