The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 29 March 2019, 11:39 AM   #1
AckAck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5204P
Pictures of my Rolexes can never post?

Hey guys, I take pictures of my watches strictly with my iPhone. I try to upload them, but every time it says they are too big. I see all these huge, incredible macro pictures posted with no problems. Yet, my measly iPhone pictures I can never post and have to upload to Photobucket, which is a pain and takes forever. Is there an easier way? I must be doing something wrong?
Old 29 March 2019, 11:42 AM   #2
AckAck
"TRF" Member

FYI I click Manage Attachments. Choose File. Photo Library. Pick a picture of my watch I took seconds prior with my iPhone. Upload. And then this always happens..

“The Dimension limits for this filetype are 1250 x 1250. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 4032 x 3024.”

So I go to my library on my iPhone and Edit and Crop the picture so small to be able to fit that 90% of the picture is gone and can’t be seen.
Old 29 March 2019, 11:42 AM   #3
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

the easiest way is to use tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
FYI I click manage attachments. Choose File. Photo Library. Pick a picture of my watch I took seconds prior with my iPhone. Upload. And then this always happens..

“The Dimension limits for this filetype are 1250 x 1250. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 4032 x 3024.”
if you are on a desktop then just open that photo in paint and resize it by %, so like resize it to 30%
Old 29 March 2019, 11:43 AM   #4
woof
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS daytona, Hulk,
Upload the app Tapatalk. Use this app to upload pictures

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
MoonPhase, Rootbeer
Batman, Sub, Blk GMT, Pepsi,YG Daytona, TTSD, Batgirl, 5167/1A, Speedy, P01, OP, Kermit
Old 29 March 2019, 11:44 AM   #5
AckAck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
FYI I click Manage Attachments. Choose File. Photo Library. Pick a picture of my watch I took seconds prior with my iPhone. Upload. And then this always happens..

So I go to my library on my iPhone and Edit and Crop the picture so small to be able to fit within the 1250x1250 that 90% of the picture is gone and can’t be seen.
Why can’t I figure this out?
Old 29 March 2019, 11:46 AM   #6
AckAck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
the easiest way is to use tapatalk

if you are on a desktop then just open that photo in paint and resize it by %, so like resize it to 30%
I strictly use my iPad to browse/post. Honestly I can’t stand Tapatalk. I think the forum website is so much easier to use and browse.
Old 29 March 2019, 11:46 AM   #7
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I strictly use my iPad to browse/post. Honestly I can’t stand Tapatalk. I think the forum website is so much easier to use and browse.
i don't like tapatalk either but i use it to upload photos because its the simplest way on ios. all you have to do is select the photo and it gives you 3 quality options and resizes the image for you. i browse through safari normally
Old 29 March 2019, 12:00 PM   #8
AckAck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
i don't like tapatalk either but i use it to upload photos because its the simplest way on ios. all you have to do is select the photo and it gives you 3 quality options and resizes the image for you. i browse through safari normally
Okay, thanks. Maybe I’ll use it just for creating threads with pictures. The standard www.rolexforums.com website on Safari is so far superior to the Tapatalk App in my opinion. I just can’t get used to the app. The regular website for me is always so familiar and laid out perfectly and is just natural to use. Bummer.
Old 29 March 2019, 12:02 PM   #9
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

This works well. https://www.imgonline.com.ua/eng/resize-image.php
Old 29 March 2019, 12:02 PM   #10
Sjmoore11
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Exp II - old & new
Quote:
Okay, thanks. Maybe I’ll use it just for creating threads with pictures. The standard www.rolexforums.com website on Safari is so far superior to the Tapatalk App in my opinion. I just can’t get used to the app. The regular website for me is always so familiar and laid out perfectly and is just natural to use. Bummer.
Yeah this exactly. Browse the regular site, use Tapatalk only for uploading pictures. Slightly annoying but it works.
Old 29 March 2019, 12:05 PM   #11
vandyologist
2024 Pledge Member

There’s a photo editing app called Polarr that makes it super easy to resize to 1250 x 1250. That’s what I use.
Old 29 March 2019, 12:05 PM   #12
AckAck
"TRF" Member

How do I even leave just the Rolex Discussion open on Tapatalk? It’s just showing me unread threads throughout the entire forum? Can I get the app to mimic the look of the actual website so I can use it normal? It’s awfully confusing.

Found it. What a pain. And wow the app is laid out terribly. They should just mimic the actual website in the app to leave us old guys less confused.
Old 29 March 2019, 12:19 PM   #13
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Resizing doesn't mean to just crop it smaller, it means to digitally resize it to a certain pixel width/height.

Many apps let you resize for the web, size by a pixel dimension, or resolution. As long as you size it to about 1000pixel width and save it, it will likely load.
Old 29 March 2019, 12:28 PM   #14
AckAck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Resizing doesn't mean to just crop it smaller, it means to digitally resize it to a certain pixel width/height.

Many apps let you resize for the web, size by a pixel dimension, or resolution. As long as you size it to about 1000pixel width and save it, it will likely load.
Would be nice if the website had a button that one could click to resize within posting. Having to open other apps, sites etc. can get a bit cumbersome. It’s almost 2020! This should be a breeze to implement here no?
Closed Thread