The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 2 February 2019, 02:15 AM   #91
Kittayos
"TRF" Member

I think 7018/1a will be discontinued also. 5726/1r might be out soon who knows.
Kittayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2019, 02:36 AM   #92
sdh1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500 LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I think it is perfect. Truly. Love the thickness as well.

I could not think of a better watch. So glad I have it.

Sure, I hope the value goes up. But I don't care that much, as I am not planning to sell. Ever.
Agreed. For me the 5711/12 were too thin for my wrist so the 5726 thickness is perfect
Old 2 February 2019, 02:55 AM   #93
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I think it is perfect. Truly. Love the thickness as well.

I could not think of a better watch. So glad I have it.

Sure, I hope the value goes up. But I don't care that much, as I am not planning to sell. Ever.

Well, your model with the strap is not discontinued, only the bracelet model. Odd that they did this, is bracelet the same on 5726 from 5711/5712? If so, maybe they want to beef up production on those more in demand references and use the allocated bracelets the 5726-1A were using on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2019, 03:10 AM   #94
Sam Philip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Well, your model with the strap is not discontinued, only the bracelet model. Odd that they did this, is bracelet the same on 5726 from 5711/5712? If so, maybe they want to beef up production on those more in demand references and use the allocated bracelets the 5726-1A were using on them?

The first few links of the 5726 bracelet adjoining the case are thicker than that of the 5711/5712 due to the thicker case of the 5726.
Sam Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2019, 04:22 AM   #95
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Philip View Post
The first few links of the 5726 bracelet adjoining the case are thicker than that of the 5711/5712 due to the thicker case of the 5726.
Interesting. Same principle holds, crank out more 11/12s. Wishful thinking probably
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2019, 04:26 AM   #96
racer24
Banned

Watch: PP, AP, Rolex
I'd like to see them cranking out more 5990 and 5980. sold my 5711 after 6 months. never had a feel for it.
racer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2019, 05:08 AM   #97
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Philip View Post
Yeah, so otherwise the same. My thinking is that is the only reason they would do it. 5726 is not overly popular, why not make more of the ones in demand and use the bracelets for those? Save the 5726 cases for the 5726A, makes sense to me.
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2019, 09:00 AM   #98
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

5726 A to be discontinued....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Is the A for sure not discoed? Seems a strange move... or maybe they have it in for Seth.

5726/1A is discoed (confirmed) but think 5726A stays

JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2019, 04:58 PM   #99
patriot885
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5726/1A-001 116520
Amusing situation. Up to a month ago every one were showing such a creativity explaining why the 5726 is not a "real" nautilus. "A sport watch shouldn't have AC function" (Yes man, a 48 hours power reserve indicator is very sporty on the 5712. The 5712 Show only date, that's very sporty as opposed to showing date and day! also, i always need to know the moon phases in my sports.) "The thickness of the 5726 doesn't come in line with the "sport", it can hit things" (No need to add for that stupid comment).
And now everyone are showing creativity trying to explain how special and rare and very nautilus it is indeed.

A "sport watch" is a watch to wear with sport-elegant sport-casual wear (as opposed to dress watch), that function come in line with the nautilus case. it's not like some one will look closely at your wrist and say "wait a minute, your watch show the day, get the hell out of my sport pub".

When buying my watch i could chose 5726 or 5712 (both on bracelet) i chose what i like and what seems reasonable, not what the buzz and forum say- the busy dial and thin case of 5712 didn't seem right. I was also following auctions and dealers and analysis show the 5726/1A-001/010 is rarely show up and when it does has very high demand even comparing to 5712, so that didn't come in line with "negativity" on forums as well.

And now, this is coming to be one of the rarest and sought after modern nautilus.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1425.jpg (239.0 KB, 596 views)
patriot885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2019, 10:25 PM   #100
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot885 View Post
Amusing situation. Up to a month ago every one were showing such a creativity explaining why the 5726 is not a "real" nautilus. "A sport watch shouldn't have AC function" (Yes man, a 48 hours power reserve indicator is very sporty on the 5712. The 5712 Show only date, that's very sporty as opposed to showing date and day! also, i always need to know the moon phases in my sports.) "The thickness of the 5726 doesn't come in line with the "sport", it can hit things" (No need to add for that stupid comment).
And now everyone are showing creativity trying to explain how special and rare and very nautilus it is indeed.

A "sport watch" is a watch to wear with sport-elegant sport-casual wear (as opposed to dress watch), that function come in line with the nautilus case. it's not like some one will look closely at your wrist and say "wait a minute, your watch show the day, get the hell out of my sport pub".

When buying my watch i could chose 5726 or 5712 (both on bracelet) i chose what i like and what seems reasonable, not what the buzz and forum say- the busy dial and thin case of 5712 didn't seem right. I was also following auctions and dealers and analysis show the 5726/1A-001/010 is rarely show up and when it does has very high demand even comparing to 5712, so that didn't come in line with "negativity" on forums as well.

And now, this is coming to be one of the rarest and sought after modern nautilus.
Maybe to you, to me it's always been the most accessible Nautilus, I have seen it at least 3 different times at dealers just sitting there and I haven't even been following Patek for a long time. My AD brought one out from the back recently on a strap, sealed. With that logic, IMO it's the least desirable, of course in today's climate any Nautilus is hyped so suddenly the watch has a lot of buyers.
myporsche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2019, 10:32 PM   #101
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:

I dont know if its one of the rarest or most sought after nautilus. Lol.... some people love it some people dont.

If you didnt like it before it was discontinued, you wont like it after its discontinued and vice versa.

On the secondary market pre discontinued this was one of the weakest from what i understand, now it may move to inline.

I have to assume a hardcore collector or super collector would have had this reference already
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 04:30 PM   #102
patriot885
"TRF" Member

None of that is inconsistent with what i said.. (beside the strap model is a different reference and story), you are not going to see any of them any more at MSPR AD. Anyway, The ridiculous "explanations" about the 5712 being a sport watch and the 5726 isn't, will Disappear quicker than the "sporty" power reserve indicator of 5712 will run out. Cash is already in, asking price at 80K.
Old 3 February 2019, 10:46 PM   #103
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:

I don't know if you get the internet wherever you are but pretty much everyone here has been singing the 5726's praises for the last year. And historically the 5712 got far more abuse for its asymmetrical dial than the 5726 ever did.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 10:54 PM   #104
ts3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_ninja View Post
i dont know if its one of the rarest or most sought after nautilus. Lol.... Some people love it some people dont.

If you didnt like it before it was discontinued, you wont like it after its discontinued and vice versa.

On the secondary market pre discontinued this was one of the weakest from what i understand, now it may move to inline.

I have to assume a hardcore collector or super collector would have had this reference already
+1
ts3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2019, 11:32 PM   #105
patriot885
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
I don't know if you get the internet wherever you are but pretty much everyone here has been singing the 5726's praises for the last year. And historically the 5712 got far more abuse for its asymmetrical dial than the 5726 ever did.
I believe the internet comment was an urban slang, but just for the record, where i come from is responsible for pretty much 99 percent of internet data transfer, world wide

Anyway, i only came across people encouraging a guy to trade in his 5726 and add money ( ) for 5712, while praising 5712 as grail.
Old 4 February 2019, 02:06 AM   #106
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
None of that is inconsistent with what i said.. (beside the strap model is a different reference and story), you are not going to see any of them any more at MSPR AD. Anyway, The ridiculous "explanations" about the 5712 being a sport watch and the 5726 isn't, will Disappear quicker than the "sporty" power reserve indicator of 5712 will run out. Cash is already in, asking price at 80K.
this watch collecting is out of hand. Complete and utter insanity.

I think BK is spot on in the other thread. Watch collecting has turned into the sneaker game and as a result I feel like a total asshat collecting where as before I was just a nut who liked fine watches.
Old 4 February 2019, 04:08 PM   #107
patriot885
"TRF" Member

Same feeling here. I got the nautilus in the first place because i was looking for a relatively lower price watch (same goes for my 116520). But what can you do? when you got thrown into the game, you better play. i am not the left behind kind of guy
Old 16 June 2020, 02:22 PM   #108
dardeca
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by robain View Post
I heard from a reliable source that 5726 A will be discontinued this year and that probably a Aquanaut Annual Calendar will be added to the line.
Exciting Basel times ahead!
This post didn't age well.
dardeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2020, 08:06 AM   #109
sxdcfv
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
The rumour of the 5968 being discontinued was posted by Patekaholic but subsequently removed.

I am not convinced that Patek would discontinue it after just one year?
Last year the same rumor about discontinue of the 5968A, but did not come true. I doubt they discontinue that one or the 57261A-0014.
sxdcfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2020, 09:23 PM   #110
ttmedical
"TRF" Member

To me the Nautilus (5711 at least) is in some ways similar to the Mercedes G-Wagon. Everyone and their mother has heard a rumor about them discontinuing the product, but at the end of the day, these products are printing straight cash for these companies hahah! From a financial standpoint, it would be monumentally stupid to stop production. Just my 2 cents!
ttmedical is offline   Reply With Quote