The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 16 January 2019, 12:40 PM   #361
kultschar
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP & Rolex
One week in of dieting and the cravings for wine, beer, chocolate, crisps etc are gone as well as temptation to eat late at night.

Only had gentle exercise last few days and skipped gym as felt slight strain in my lower back when chopping down trees and disnt want to risk a long layup. Should eb back on track tomorrow regarding gym but will be cautious and hit lighter weights
kultschar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2019, 01:29 PM   #362
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Still alive and surpassed my meager 10 days of no booze from last years attempt Making it through January seems a forgone conclusion at this point which is nice. My diet has been great so far this year which is really showing on the scale.

I’m doing my usual breakfast which is a slice of whole grain toast with avocado and egg. I’m eating either veggies or chia pudding for lunch and then chicken with some greens and whole grains for dinner. I’m drinking flavored sparking water in the evenings. It’s not beer but it gives me something to sip on. Aside from that I’ve probably doubled my water intake.

Got to keep on keepin on
Old 16 January 2019, 01:33 PM   #363
BigBoy17
"TRF" Member

Cut the carbs. Pounds will melt
BigBoy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 01:06 AM   #364
Sarajevo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600371701
Eat less, move more.
Sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2019, 12:26 AM   #365
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Hows everyone doing here? I hope everyone is still going strong and havent given up..

This week the 17th was...

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/d...solutions-day/
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2019, 01:34 AM   #366
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
I’m still going.

The Negative Nancy’s won’t deter me.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2019, 01:45 AM   #367
Romeojk
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Submariner 114060
I jumped in 3 days ago (better late than never).
Cheers to seeing less of each other by the end of 2019!!
Romeojk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2019, 02:09 AM   #368
austinp
"TRF" Member

Still going! Week 3 in progress. Still motivated.
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2019, 02:40 AM   #369
Yoda_Eating_Pizza

Watch: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_ninja View Post
Hows everyone doing here? I hope everyone is still going strong and havent given up..

I've lost ~2 pounds (started last week), but that's not a good gauge because there's always variation depending on the bowel situation.

More telling is that my belt now buckles on the next smaller hole.
Yoda_Eating_Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2019, 03:18 AM   #370
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
I’ve lost 10 lbs so far doing Michael Mosley’s Fast diet - the 5 2. Though he has a new improved version which is 800 calories for up to two weeks to kick start it, although the old one works as well. I’m doing more 4 3 to keep a bI disciplined and only eating in an 8 hour window.

When he bought out the 5 2 about 5 or 6 years ago I lost 35 lbs quite easily doing 2 fasts a week, eating sensible for 3 days and just not thinking about it. Once I’d lost it I’d do 6 1 and hat worked fine for nearly 3 years. Then stupidly I knew better and just returned to old habits and the wait came back on.

I think many diets become hard work as it’s day after day after day after day. With 5 2 or 4 3 as I do, I know that I can always eat normally tomorrow, so one day at a time isn’t so bad.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2019, 03:41 AM   #371
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
Just lose all refined sugar and start doing cardio 6 times a week, make sure you drink enough water and have a solid sleep routine.

Every excuse to not reach these simple goals is BS.
Simple and sound advice.

Eliminating Sugar is a great start.

Not trying to oversimplify but Eating less is also very effective. Consider the bariatric surgeries that many turn to. All the surgery does is force the individual to eat less at a sitting. There is no magic. Eating less will result in weight loss.

Best of luck
Old 20 January 2019, 03:45 AM   #372
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Still going strong down about 12 pounds. I am so pleased with the progress I might stretch dry January into February and see where it goes. Maybe lol
Old 22 January 2019, 12:26 AM   #373
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:

I will admit I have had some tough moments with all of this.

Last week with the move, the raining in the kitchen, the unhappy wife, the never ending phone calls and the inability get anything done, I nearly broke. I was loosing my cool.

I very much wanted to just sit down and sip a nice glass of whiskey. I told my wife, I was done, and that it was happening. But I didn't.

I used food as a crutch instead. I found myself in Burger King ordering a Whopper (my personal favorite fast food burger). But I had no fries or anything else. The next day I had a brownie (or two) and some jelly beans. Damn, I love jelly beans.

But I did not quit. I kept to the 16-8 religiously. In fact, one night we put in a cauliflower vegan pizza about 20 minutes before cut off time. I realized I would not be able to let it cool down and eat it within my allotted time. My wife says, your body won't know if you eat for 15 minutes after 7:00. My response was that my mind will know. So I ate some vegetables instead.

This weekend, I made up for my moments of weakness by being super strict with the diet and getting in multiple extra long workouts. In fact, I did doubles both Saturday and Sunday.

I am actually loving the 16-8. It is not easy for me. Every once in a while I have an easy day, and then the next day is harder. But I am realizing that even when I have days of weakness, it is still better than a typical bad day. I am still avoiding the calories I would be eating before 11 and after 7. So I am still getting less calories. I am also giving my body time to process the food and eliminate it. Instead of just continuing to pile food in.

I also realized that I am not doing a super job preparing. At 11, if I am in office or on the road, I am reaching for whatever is easy to get my hands on. Or at 2:00 after a smart lunch, I am famished and reach for a snack.

So yesterday, I went to the store and picked up a bunch of healthy high protein snacks. I am keeping some in my office and some in my car.

I have realized that while this is working pretty good, as I am down nearly 7 lbs, and overall feeling lighter and cleaner, I am not doing this nearly as well as I can be. I figure this is normal as it has really only been 2 and half weeks.

I am now in the process of cleaning up how I am doing things and learning as much as I can about this lifestyle. My goal is to do this long term and get that much more proactive about my health.

I know I will go back to drinking. But if I stick with 16 and 8, I am going to have to significantly modify how I used to drink. So I imagine this will help me in a lot of ways.

All this said, I am keeping with most of what I started out to do. I will have setbacks and moments of weakness, but they will get less and less as time goes by.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 01:11 AM   #374
Romeojk

Watch: Submariner 114060
Thanks for sharing Seth. Don’t beat yourself up, own and enjoy what you did. It’s a long road and a good path we are on.

I have been doing the fasting 16/eating 8 as well. Except coffee in the morning I have been good and I did eating some chicken late last night watching the Patriots game...and then as a bonus I got to see the lunar eclipse (all this past my 10pm curfew).

I haven’t had any sugar and seem to be having more energy. I joined the gym and went a few times but need to make it more regular, I just don’t want it to make me eat more.

I also signed up for some tennis clinics and been going twice a week all month. It gets me off the couch. I’m 20 years away from a sport I was never good at, but I’m enjoying it.

I seem to hit the Stop and Shop Deli counter a lot. I get Boars Head sliced chicken and Genoa salami (I know salami is terrible, but it’s gotta be better than the M&M’s and cookies I was inhaling). I also get there chicken salad and whole cooked chickens. Then it over to the meat counter for whichever steaks are on sale, NY strip, ribeye. I have been known to cook a few steaks at 10:30-11am.

I try not to eat when I am not hungry and eat when I am hungry, so when am am hungry I need to make sure I have food around me.

One tip someone gave me but I never really needed was to have a small cooler in the car and to pack some good foods when you need it.

Reading comments and posts here help. It seems to help me stay honest with myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romeojk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 01:24 AM   #375
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeojk View Post
Thanks for sharing Seth. Don’t beat yourself up, own and enjoy what you did. It’s a long road and a good path we are on.

I have been doing the fasting 16/eating 8 as well. Except coffee in the morning I have been good and I did eating some chicken late last night watching the Patriots game...and then as a bonus I got to see the lunar eclipse (all this past my 10pm curfew).

I haven’t had any sugar and seem to be having more energy. I joined the gym and went a few times but need to make it more regular, I just don’t want it to make me eat more.

I also signed up for some tennis clinics and been going twice a week all month. It gets me off the couch. I’m 20 years away from a sport I was never good at, but I’m enjoying it.

I seem to hit the Stop and Shop Deli counter a lot. I get Boars Head sliced chicken and Genoa salami (I know salami is terrible, but it’s gotta be better than the M&M’s and cookies I was inhaling). I also get there chicken salad and whole cooked chickens. Then it over to the meat counter for whichever steaks are on sale, NY strip, ribeye. I have been known to cook a few steaks at 10:30-11am.

I try not to eat when I am not hungry and eat when I am hungry, so when am am hungry I need to make sure I have food around me.

One tip someone gave me but I never really needed was to have a small cooler in the car and to pack some good foods when you need it.

Reading comments and posts here help. It seems to help me stay honest with myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am with you.

I did absolutely love that Whopped. The jelly beans I beat myself up a little for.

My thinking right now though is that if I am feeling better and seeing results while essentially doing this half ass, when I get my act together over time, I expect even better results.

Old 22 January 2019, 02:16 AM   #376
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
I am with you.

I did absolutely love that Whopped. The jelly beans I beat myself up a little for.

My thinking right now though is that if I am feeling better and seeing results while essentially doing this half ass, when I get my act together over time, I expect even better results.

In your situation i would have totally added alcohol too :). Everyone once in a while cheat days are great for you!!! But its all about staying on track. Fall down, get up. Cant blame you though... those whoppers are addictive, i could eat like 5 in one sitting. I usually mix it up with the chicken sandwich tho lol.
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 02:25 AM   #377
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Well, it's finally time for me to get back on track. I've been "off the plan" since November. I took a week vacation in early November, then Thanksgiving rolled around, then Xmas, and I just got back from a 2 week vacation. During that time, I have not been eating as clean as I should have.

I just weighed myself and I am at 181lbs so I've put on 5-6lbs since November. I am still thinking about my meal plan, but right now, I think I'll target 2000 calories per day and probably work my way down slightly once I start to get things dialed in this week. My BMR is ~1800 cals (I've had this professionally measured) and I am fairly active so my TDEE is probably in the ~2500 cal range.

I'll post an update in a month or so.

Keep strong, guys!
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 02:26 AM   #378
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
In your situation i would have totally added alcohol too :). Everyone once in a while cheat days are great for you!!! But its all about staying on track. Fall down, get up. Cant blame you though... those whoppers are addictive, i could eat like 5 in one sitting. I usually mix it up with the chicken sandwich tho lol.
I don't disagree at all. I will incorporate cheat days soon.

just trying to get into this habit which will take about another month. once that is done, i expect I will give myself a bit more slack. and many more whoppers.

my wife and i do McDonalds for valentines day. Already looking forward to a Bic Mac. That is my second favorite. But she prefers McDonalds.

Old 22 January 2019, 04:55 AM   #379
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
Still going strong here. Got a nice 5 mile walk in 7deg weather this morning. That was fun lol. My wife is cutting carbs and intermittent fasting as well, it really makes things easier when eating out and cooking at home. We’ve been using a pressure cooker (instant pot) lately and it is awesome. So many low carb meals you can make in it. She made a low carb chili the other day and it was delicious! Keep up the good work fellas.
antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 09:11 AM   #380
austinp
"TRF" Member

Well done Gents! I have to admit that i am pretty stoked right now to be losing weight. Its great to see so many of us making a change. This 16/8 has been pretty easy and very effective so far. My weekly weigh in is tomorrow. Will be 3 weeks in.
Old 22 January 2019, 09:33 AM   #381
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

I started Keto & IF a few months ago. Mostly to help the wife start it and also for the health benefits I've learned about.

I"m ALMOST down to my weight I was in the Military. I was fluctuating between 145-150. Clothes tight and a noticeable gut I had never had before.

Now down to 131.

I'm back down to 29 waist jeans and I still need a belt. Energy is up. Heartburn GONE. And I've noticed, didn't get sick this fall/winter. Crazy. Wife has really lost inches and it super motivated to keep going.
Valenciawatchrepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 09:40 AM   #382
austinp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenciawatchrepair View Post
I started Keto & IF a few months ago. Mostly to help the wife start it and also for the health benefits I've learned about.

I"m ALMOST down to my weight I was in the Military. I was fluctuating between 145-150. Clothes tight and a noticeable gut I had never had before.

Now down to 131.

I'm back down to 29 waist jeans and I still need a belt. Energy is up. Heartburn GONE. And I've noticed, didn't get sick this fall/winter. Crazy. Wife has really lost inches and it super motivated to keep going.
Well done! You are so right about the Heart Burn. Eat right and it disappears.
Old 22 January 2019, 10:33 AM   #383
RolexReviews
"TRF" Member

about what the above posts said I couldn't agree more heart burn is nonexistent.

If someone told me IF would take that away for that alone I would've went on this diet. Just goes to show you what kinda food I was eating constantly

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
RolexReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 10:50 AM   #384
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexReviews View Post
about what the above posts said I couldn't agree more heart burn is nonexistent.

If someone told me IF would take that away for that alone I would've went on this diet. Just goes to show you what kinda food I was eating constantly

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Same here. Once I read this guys stuff, I knew I was on to something. Doctors want to push drugs to treat a symptom. In the end, they cause even more harm. Such a scam. https://chriskresser.com/get-rid-of-...-simple-steps/
Old 22 January 2019, 11:14 AM   #385
charlton
"TRF" Member

Cut Back on Sugars and Starches,exercise regularly.
charlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2019, 12:14 PM   #386
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valenciawatchrepair View Post
Same here. Once I read this guys stuff, I knew I was on to something. Doctors want to push drugs to treat a symptom. In the end, they cause even more harm. Such a scam. https://chriskresser.com/get-rid-of-...-simple-steps/
Damn. This throws a big money wrench into my thought process. I specifically look for fiber in my diet.

I also take a daily pill for my heartburn. I’d love to eliminate that from my routine.

Thanks for posting. Certainly, this is something to investigate further.

For now, looks like more bitters are in my future. It’s certainly worth experimenting.

Old 22 January 2019, 01:24 PM   #387
Valenciawatchrepair
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Damn. This throws a big money wrench into my thought process. I specifically look for fiber in my diet.

I also take a daily pill for my heartburn. I’d love to eliminate that from my routine.

Thanks for posting. Certainly, this is something to investigate further.

For now, looks like more bitters are in my future. It’s certainly worth experimenting.
It was a vicious cycle, and the "experts" kept treating a symptom, which was causing the problem in the first place. They try to suppress the acid when the low acid is actually the underlying cause. Not to mention, antacids were never meant for regular consumption. But, once it turned into a billion dollar business, well, you know the rest.

I was having issues hours after eating. Couldn't figure it out. Then one day I woke up and it hurt to swallow even just a sip of water. Found the link above and dove in. I cut down on liquids with meals and cut out ALL CARBS(Sugars, startches, grains, etc, etc.) My symptoms ALL went away...PERMANENTLY. This was 3 or so years ago. I haven't taken or had a need to take an antacid since.
Old 22 January 2019, 09:35 PM   #388
austinp
"TRF" Member

Update

3 weeks in. 16/8. Down 14.8 lbs. Feeling good and still motivated. Hang in there Gents!
Old 22 January 2019, 10:25 PM   #389
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
Update

3 weeks in. 16/8. Down 14.8 lbs. Feeling good and still motivated. Hang in there Gents!
nice. that is amazing.

keep it up!!!

Old 23 January 2019, 02:48 AM   #390
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Nice work guys. I am actually up about 4 lbs, but I am lifting heavy and taking a lot of supplements. Eating good/healthy and working out daily so not concerned about the gain. Hopefully I am converting fat to muscle. Need to check body fat % at the end of the month.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote