The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 December 2019, 04:54 AM   #1
Kirk19
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT II BLNR
Enlighten me about Zenith prices

Hey

Went to a Zenith dealer showcase today and I really liked the defy el primero chrono range and the blue chronomaster. They were selling these at list with 10% discount (Europe based). How is it that I can find these new on chrono 24 with almost 30-40% discount? Can somebody explain? Are these cheaper on chrono24 because they are B stock or something? Where would you guys buy Zenith? Dealer or grey?

Don’t understand...

Regards and many thanks!
Kirk19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2019, 05:35 AM   #2
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

This is the reality for many brands, not just Zenith. It has always been this way, although there are exceptions in terms of specific brands and or watches that will command retail price or above.

It’s just supply and demand.

I would buy grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jay (Eire) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2019, 05:43 AM   #3
Kirk19
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT II BLNR
Ok thanks for the advice... I went to a zenith dealer today. I only have rolex at the moment, steel sub and new batman. I looked at Zenith and wow, superb craftmanship. Why are they not loved? I don’t understand... Anyway bottom line if I understand correctly: grey dealer buys overstock from AD and then sells at large discount?
Kirk19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2019, 09:55 AM   #4
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

That’s right Michael. Use the search function here, there’s lot of threads about the grey dealers.

I think your AD could likely do much better than 10%, you need to push them harder. You can decide what premium over grey market prices the AD merits, and that will be different for all of us. Another thing to factor in is whether the grey can get the warranty stamped at the time of purchase (some can) or if you’re buying a watch with the warranty period already begun. This is worth something, part of that premium you would pay the AD.

There are many other examples of watches with superb craftsmanship which sell for far less the average Sub/GMT, Zenith may be one of those (I can’t really say as I’m not familiar with the watches).
Jay (Eire) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2019, 01:55 PM   #5
zaydans
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116710
I got one couple weeks ago from grey for about 30% less than MSRP and no tax. No haggling no hassle no brainer imho.
zaydans is offline   Reply With Quote