The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 January 2020, 12:14 AM   #1
WRISTROLEX
Banned

Watch: 116503
Daytona LineUp

I just love my my new TT, but they didn't even make the catalogue. I'm not understanding all the disdain and "dog" references made here. I mean the 4130 caliber is in every model, so they are all equal, with different sheathing?

Please share your thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Daytona Line 2019.jpeg (169.3 KB, 927 views)
WRISTROLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:19 AM   #2
djgallo
Banned

It is the most underrated watch currently...the TT Daytona is a great buy right now....buy em now as they will only be going UP^^^^

F739BB70-6DFF-4649-B159-8A77F5D88DC2.jpeg
djgallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:22 AM   #3
SeikoBake
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15500
I agree. I have the white dial TT and love it.
SeikoBake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:26 AM   #4
MTdweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: the time fly!
Congrats! Fear not - your particular reference is on page 140 of the 2019-2020 full catalog. You must have one of the mini or “greatest hits” versions ADs hand out.

With a few exceptions, TT does not get much love here on TRF. I think TT Daytonas look great and offer an excellent value compared to their SS or PM counterparts.
MTdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:27 AM   #5
Dougiebaby
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona BLNR SubLV
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRISTROLEX View Post
I just love my my new TT, but they didn't even make the catalogue. I'm not understanding all the disdain and "dog" references made here. I mean the 4130 caliber is in every model, so they are all equal, with different sheathing?

I personally love the TT Daytona (especially the black dial). However, the TT Daytona and the TT YM are the only sport models one can find easily in ADs. There must not be a huge demand for them even though we may like them.

But, I would never call it a dog. And I agree that it is the Daytona to get if one cannot get the SS or if the PM version is too expensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dougiebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:36 AM   #6
Rick_Nashville
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I just love my my new TT, but they didn't even make the catalogue. I'm not understanding all the disdain and "dog" references made here. I mean the 4130 caliber is in every model, so they are all equal, with different sheathing? Please share your thoughts?
I saw an example of your watch at my AD this past October. I thought it was strikingly beautiful and one of the most bad-a$$ looking Daytonas around. I wouldn't worry about the shade, lol. You have a stunningly compelling watch, and many folks throughout the world would be more than gratified to own one.

Kind regards, -Rick.
Rick_Nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:50 AM   #7
JayHantz
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: @Escapementt
I think it’s a great watch. But Rolex’s marketing department will always showcase the hot pieces (the two that have the John Mayer hype weren’t featured as much before that Hodinkee episode) albeit no one can get them.
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:56 AM   #8
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
TT has always been marmite and will continue the be so I suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 01:12 AM   #9
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Everyone loves their own child....
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 01:16 AM   #10
1665fan
"TRF" Member

There good buys....not good sells
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 01:56 AM   #11
HORNBLOWER
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1 OR 2
Wow, the one in the middle really pops...
HORNBLOWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 02:25 AM   #12
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
If they were to add a ceramic bezel to the tutones they would be on fire.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 02:40 AM   #13
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post

They will do this, I suspect at the same time as launching one in Everose rather than yellow gold.

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 03:15 AM   #14
Old Geezer
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126619LB and more
I like the TT Daytona with the white, champagne or grey dials. The only thing that has prevented me from acquiring one is the bezel. When I have tried one on I always get the impression it wears smaller than its actual size. I prefer a dark bezel on a sports watch.
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 03:17 AM   #15
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgallo View Post
It is the most underrated watch currently...the TT Daytona is a great buy right now....buy em now as they will only be going UP^^^^

Attachment 1104063
That and the panda are two of the most beautiful watches ever made, regardless of metal.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 04:19 AM   #16
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Don't let anonymous people online influence you. If you love your watch then what truly matters? I have a Shinola watch in my collection and I wear it regularly and love it just as much as any other watch.
But for the record I absolutely love your watch!
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 04:20 AM   #17
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Attachment 1104063
X2. TT Daytona is a stunner.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 05:42 AM   #18
vicsdca
Banned

Some people prefer stainless steel. Some people prefer gold. However, a two-tone is a compromise between the two and will obviously always be less desirable than the full gold version. In today's market it's even less desirable than the SS version when it comes the Daytona, but this might change. The TT Daytona is far from being a dog.
vicsdca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 05:46 AM   #19
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Mine didn’t make the lineup either. I don’t care, either.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 05:53 AM   #20
bp1000
"TRF" Member

To be honest, that magazine is most likely promoting the 2016 Daytona releases. All 4 of those watches were launched in the same year. Most likely why they are featured together.
bp1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 09:37 AM   #21
RCrusoe
"TRF" Member

I find that the Daytona in two tone is one of the most underrated Rolex watches at the moment. If done with the right dial combination it can be stunning (although I am newly biased)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Daytona 1.jpg (260.0 KB, 401 views)
RCrusoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 09:43 AM   #22
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:

Quote:

Attachment 1104063
You both have two very nice Daytonas

I remember them being more popular here when Rolex was offering more dial options. You guys have two of the best TT dials out there imo from the recent years. I have a feeling that if Rolex adds a ceramic bezel it could bring a lot of excitement to the TT market. Imagine the demand for a TT Panda or Paul Newman dial with ceramic bezel. Rolex must be waiting for SS demand to slow a bit.
904VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 09:57 AM   #23
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:

My thought is one should not define their appreciation (or depreciation) for a watch based upon its appearance (or absence) in a catalog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 10:10 AM   #24
WRISTROLEX
Banned

Quote:
Nice to see you rate the TT high on your list! Thx!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeikoBake View Post
I agree. I have the white dial TT and love it.
It was a toss up, both were available, white is killer too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTdweller View Post
Congrats! Fear not - your particular reference is on page 140 of the 2019-2020 full catalog. You must have one of the mini or “greatest hits” versions ADs hand out.

With a few exceptions, TT does not get much love here on TRF. I think TT Daytonas look great and offer an excellent value compared to their SS or PM counterparts.
I'll be on the lookout for the full book! It's true, I'll do my best to show some love for the TT's here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougiebaby View Post
I personally love the TT Daytona (especially the black dial). However, the TT Daytona and the TT YM are the only sport models one can find easily in ADs. There must not be a huge demand for them even though we may like them.

But, I would never call it a dog. And I agree that it is the Daytona to get if one cannot get the SS or if the PM version is too expensive.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi Db,Can't see paying the markup for a SS Daytona, and the PM is more $$$ than I want on my wrist.... It' is a little odd to me that the Bluesys are TT, and very popular...Thanks for the props!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Nashville View Post
I saw an example of your watch at my AD this past October. I thought it was strikingly beautiful and one of the most bad-a$$ looking Daytonas around. I wouldn't worry about the shade, lol. You have a stunningly compelling watch, and many folks throughout the world would be more than gratified to own one.

Kind regards, -Rick.
Kind of you, my man!
Old 25 January 2020, 10:18 AM   #25
WRISTROLEX
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHantz View Post
I think it’s a great watch. But Rolex’s marketing department will always showcase the hot pieces (the two that have the John Mayer hype weren’t featured as much before that Hodinkee episode) albeit no one can get them.
John Mayer rocks! I've been lucky to have seen him up close in a super small venue years ago. He can strum a guitar!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
TT has always been marmite and will continue the be so I suspect.

We will see!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Everyone loves their own child....
Red headed step child.....?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
There good buys....not good sells
Well, let's hope this one does sell, but who knows, this place will make you want more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNBLOWER View Post
Wow, the one in the middle really pops...
Thanks HB!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
What would happen to the older versions if they did change the bezels?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post
They will do this, I suspect at the same time as launching one in Everose rather than yellow gold.

I'd love to see this one!
Old 25 January 2020, 10:47 AM   #26
WRISTROLEX
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Geezer View Post
I like the TT Daytona with the white, champagne or grey dials. The only thing that has prevented me from acquiring one is the bezel. When I have tried one on I always get the impression it wears smaller than its actual size. I prefer a dark bezel on a sports watch.
Some like them larger, I think 40 is my limit, nothing larger. I like every dial Daytona!
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
That and the panda are two of the most beautiful watches ever made, regardless of metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
Don't let anonymous people online influence you. If you love your watch then what truly matters? I have a Shinola watch in my collection and I wear it regularly and love it just as much as any other watch.
But for the record I absolutely love your watch!
Yeah, it is a little bit hurtful to read some posts hard to ignore but I'll try Thanks man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
X2. TT Daytona is a stunner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsdca View Post
Some people prefer stainless steel. Some people prefer gold. However, a two-tone is a compromise between the two and will obviously always be less desirable than the full gold version. In today's market it's even less desirable than the SS version when it comes the Daytona, but this might change. The TT Daytona is far from being a dog.
Some here do refer to the TT's with a less than favorable opinion...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Mine didn’t make the lineup either. I don’t care, either.
Well.....It's magnificent! Just wow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1000 View Post
To be honest, that magazine is most likely promoting the 2016 Daytona releases. All 4 of those watches were launched in the same year. Most likely why they are featured together.
Interesting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCrusoe View Post
I find that the Daytona in two tone is one of the most underrated Rolex watches at the moment. If done with the right dial combination it can be stunning (although I am newly biased)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post

I remember them being more popular here when Rolex was offering more dial options. You guys have two of the best TT dials out there imo from the recent years. I have a feeling that if Rolex adds a ceramic bezel it could bring a lot of excitement to the TT market. Imagine the demand for a TT Panda or Paul Newman dial with ceramic bezel. Rolex must be waiting for SS demand to slow a bit.
Think the ceramic bezel will be announced soon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
My thought is one should not define their appreciation (or depreciation) for a watch based upon its appearance (or absence) in a catalog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, oh wise one! I hear your words!
Old 25 January 2020, 11:55 AM   #27
csaltphoto
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub
The TT scheme for Daytona's looks like the model was made for them. Very well balanced.
csaltphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:40 PM   #28
GovernorsGovernor
"TRF" Member

It's the dog of the range--woof, woof. But who cares?
GovernorsGovernor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:49 PM   #29
marcusp23
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, CHNR an
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCrusoe View Post

Beauty
marcusp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 05:29 AM   #30
djgallo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post

djgallo is offline   Reply With Quote