The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 January 2020, 08:59 AM   #1
BillA
2020 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US
Posts: 2,080
May have been scammed, “kukhi.com”

As the title says, may have been scammed. Fortunately, not a lot of money, $58.
Ordered a Timegrapher 1000 from this Chinese Co.
Showing on the USPS website, using the China Post tracking number, that the package was accepted on 1/18. I wonder if accepted means the same thing as in the US.
After I placed the order, I read reviews, said big scam site, offers prices too good to be true, and they are.
Not totally sure I have been scammed, but the price seems now too low.
Anyone ever deal with these guys?
__________________
16570
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 09:40 AM   #2
offrdmania
2020 Rolex+Tudor GMT Pledge Member
 
offrdmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Real Name: Matt
Location: Wine Country, Ca
Posts: 3,759
Tacking wont work on the US Mail site until it reaches our shores. Put the tracking in the China post site and see what it says.
__________________
TRF Member 11738

♕ 126334 ♕ 126600
offrdmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 09:52 AM   #3
BillA
2020 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by offrdmania View Post
Tacking wont work on the US Mail site until it reaches our shores. Put the tracking in the China post site and see what it says.
China Post says “accepted”
__________________
16570
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 10:53 AM   #4
77T
2020 Rolex+Tudor GMT Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 31,229
May have been scammed, “kukhi.com”

I have not dealt with them.

Unfortunately...

You won’t know whether you’re being scammed until it arrives or doesn’t. And if it does that the box has the actual item you purchased.

That’s several days away...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 11:01 AM   #5
Patton250
2020 Pledge Member
 
Patton250's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Real Name: Brett
Location: Tampa
Watch: Pepsi
Posts: 2,549
Chinese factories are shut down for the next month I believe. I ordered one of those Rolex clocks over Christmas holiday and I loved it so much I went to order another one but the guy told me they won’t even be able to ship it until next month because everything is shut down.
__________________
"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack."
- General George S Patton

Conviction does not derive from consensus. It only comes from one place.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 12:56 PM   #6
GLADIATOR
2020 Rolex+Tudor GMT Pledge Member
 
GLADIATOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Real Name: Adam
Location: Costa Blanca,
Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Posts: 5,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Chinese factories are shut down for the next month I believe. I ordered one of those Rolex clocks over Christmas holiday and I loved it so much I went to order another one but the guy told me they won’t even be able to ship it until next month because everything is shut down.
Correct
Timegrapher will come!
I ordered many of them from China - never an issue - just takes time.
STAY CALM
A
__________________
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill
"We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done."
GLADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 01:13 PM   #7
SunTzu
"TRF" Member
 
SunTzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: NJ
Watch: 5513 116234 79280P
Posts: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
China Post says “accepted”

Accepted most likely means the Chinese PO has the package. I order all the time from obscure countries where tracking updates stop for 2 weeks and all of a sudden it’s on my doorstep. You should have seen the package I got from Pakistan last week. I was sure Homeland Security would pay me a visit


Sent from Crapatalk
__________________
The wristwatch is an intimate accessory. The best watches live in harmony and interact with the wearer, and their functions offer a reassuring and emotionally satisfying bond - Kintaro Hattori
SunTzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 01:37 PM   #8
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2020 Rolex+Tudor Giveaway Patron
 
Old Expat Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Real Name: Adam
Location: Hong Kong
Watch: Grand Seiko
Posts: 22,110
When a package from overseas to the USA gets held up, the place it's most likely to be is US Customs, if it's going through JFK. I send quite a few watches to the US, 99% of which get routed through JFK. The time that these are listed as "Inbound into Customs" prior to being listed as "Released from Customs" can be anything from one day to two weeks. Usually about a week. These are also pre-registered online with US Customs (as is the law now) and sent by Express Mail. None has ever even been opened, as far as I know. LAX and Chicago never a problem....an hour or two's delay at most.
__________________
_______________________

instagram.com/oldexpatbeast
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 07:43 PM   #9
cjcarter134
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu View Post
Accepted most likely means the Chinese PO has the package. I order all the time from obscure countries where tracking updates stop for 2 weeks and all of a sudden it’s on my doorstep. You should have seen the package I got from Pakistan last week. I was sure Homeland Security would pay me a visit


Sent from Crapatalk
+1. I don't buy that many items from outside the continental USA. However, I did buy a watch from someone in Australia. I checked the tracking site every day. I remember checking it one day and the tracking site updated mentioning that the package was at customs. The next day the package was at my home. I was thinking it would be another 4 or 5 days before it would arrive. I was pleasantly surprised when I received it.
cjcarter134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 08:06 PM   #10
BillA
2020 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US
Posts: 2,080
The problem is that a few days after I bought I googled the website and lots of scammer reviews plus I paid a very low price.
So ok, will wait and see what happens.
I used PayPal to pay so may have protection.
__________________
16570
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2020, 09:18 PM   #11
fskywalker
2020 Rolex+Tudor GMT Pledge Member
 
fskywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Real Name: Francisco
Location: San Juan, PR
Watch: Is Ticking !
Posts: 10,875
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
The problem is that a few days after I bought I googled the website and lots of scammer reviews plus I paid a very low price.
So ok, will wait and see what happens.
I used PayPal to pay so may have protection.


Let is know what happens!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________

Francisco
♛ 16610 / 18239
Ω 2504.52 / 168.022 / 231.90.39.21.04.001
★ 03.2150.400/69
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2020, 04:47 AM   #12
BillA
2020 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US
Posts: 2,080
Intermediate update: China post tracking is now showing the package has left China. It took about 4 days from acceptance to departing China for this to happen.
__________________
16570
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 02:08 AM   #13
BillA
2020 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Intermediate update: China post tracking is now showing the package has left China. It took about 4 days from acceptance to departing China for this to happen.
Not correct, package has not left China.
Ordered on 1/16, 1/22 still in China.
I emailed the seller 3 times, no response. Paypal will have to do same, should get same response.
I opened a dispute with Paypal.
Will see why happens.
__________________
16570
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 02:52 AM   #14
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member
 
antrolexsub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Not correct, package has not left China.
Ordered on 1/16, 1/22 still in China.
I emailed the seller 3 times, no response. Paypal will have to do same, should get same response.
I opened a dispute with Paypal.
Will see why happens.
As somebody already mentioned it’s Chinese New Year, 95% of China is shut down at the moment. I think you’ve been a bit impatient.
antrolexsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 08:49 AM   #15
BillA
2020 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by antrolexsub View Post
As somebody already mentioned it’s Chinese New Year, 95% of China is shut down at the moment. I think you’ve been a bit impatient.
Thank you for assessment.
__________________
16570
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 09:23 AM   #16
walds11
"TRF" Member
 
walds11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Real Name: Adam
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 4,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Thank you for assessment.
You’ve got movement, so looking good so far.
__________________
Adam
walds11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 11:09 AM   #17
BillA
2020 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
You’ve got movement, so looking good so far.
Thanks Adam.

It has not left China, it has just been handed off. I don’t care if its is Chinese New Years, the item should not sit and be passed around for 6 days. I opened up a dispute with Paypal. They are emailing the seller, I emailed him 3 times, no response. They are a scam operation. It’s only $59 plus shippping. Not the biggest deal. I googled it again, and they are not listed anymore, Google probably took them down.
__________________
16570
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 11:20 AM   #18
usling15
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Virginia
Posts: 234
Items from China can take many days. Packages disappear for days, then suddenly traceable. If it was a scam they probably wouldn’t have accepted PayPal.
usling15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 11:25 AM   #19
walds11
"TRF" Member
 
walds11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Real Name: Adam
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 4,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
Thanks Adam.

It has not left China, it has just been handed off. I don’t care if its is Chinese New Years, the item should not sit and be passed around for 6 days. I opened up a dispute with Paypal. They are emailing the seller, I emailed him 3 times, no response. They are a scam operation. It’s only $59 plus shippping. Not the biggest deal. I googled it again, and they are not listed anymore, Google probably took them down.
I agree. At least it’s a small claim.
__________________
Adam
walds11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 11:44 AM   #20
BillA
2020 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by usling15 View Post
Items from China can take many days. Packages disappear for days, then suddenly traceable. If it was a scam they probably wouldn’t have accepted PayPal.
Good point
__________________
16570
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 11:53 AM   #21
red1108nyc
2020 Pledge Member
 
red1108nyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Real Name: Fred
Location: NYC/NJ Metro Area
Watch: Rolex
Posts: 7,748
This may have some impact (potentially).

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...ate-stop-virus
red1108nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 01:36 PM   #22
BillA
2020 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US
Posts: 2,080
Thanks for the info
If that is the case, terrible situation and my $59 means nothing!
__________________
16570
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 11:57 PM   #23
Jim Smyth
"TRF" Member
 
Jim Smyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Real Name: Jim Smyth
Location: Florida
Watch: DD
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by antrolexsub View Post
As somebody already mentioned it’s Chinese New Year, 95% of China is shut down at the moment. I think you’ve been a bit impatient.
Right, starting a thread 2 days after a order on a $58 dollar item? Someone needs a few cocktails.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 12:47 AM   #24
BillA
2020 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smyth View Post
Right, starting a thread 2 days after a order on a $58 dollar item? Someone needs a few cocktails.
Nope, started thread 6 days after order
Almost no shipping info.
Known scammer on the internet.
3 emails have gone unanswered.
Paypal has also been unsuccessful communicating with seller

Glad you have the facts and gave a good opinion. Keep up the good work.
__________________
16570
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2020, 07:56 PM   #25
watchdisplay
"TRF" Member
 
watchdisplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 131
Why dispute the transaction until it’s at your door? Shipping from China can take several weeks. The. Add the Chinese New Year and a viral outbreak and you may have to add some more time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
watchdisplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2020, 08:57 PM   #26
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2020 Rolex+Tudor Giveaway Patron
 
Old Expat Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Real Name: Adam
Location: Hong Kong
Watch: Grand Seiko
Posts: 22,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdisplay View Post
Why dispute the transaction until it’s at your door? Shipping from China can take several weeks. The. Add the Chinese New Year and a viral outbreak and you may have to add some more time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like he received it last week and didn't bother updating here?

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=721042
__________________
_______________________

instagram.com/oldexpatbeast
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2020, 09:07 PM   #27
directioneng
2020 Rolex+Tudor GMT Pledge Member
 
directioneng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 30,344
And is still not happy.
__________________
E

directioneng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2020, 10:15 PM   #28
Jim Smyth
"TRF" Member
 
Jim Smyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Real Name: Jim Smyth
Location: Florida
Watch: DD
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Looks like he received it last week and didn't bother updating here?

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=721042
I think he bought a second one from Amazon or thats the way I read into it. Would be good to hear if he got the first one which I think he will in time.
Jim Smyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2020, 10:41 PM   #29
BillA
2020 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
Looks like he received it last week and didn't bother updating here?

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=721042
Please re-read the my post, I bought another one. The one from China will never arrive.
__________________
16570
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2020, 10:42 PM   #30
BillA
2020 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: US
Posts: 2,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
And is still not happy.
Please re-read the post that Old Pat Beast posted on this thread.....I bought another one from Amazon, still no shipment from China on original unit.

UPDATE: Last entry into the China Post mail system: “Origin post is preparing shipment. We have received notice that original post is preparing to dispatch mail piece”. This was posted on 1/27/20. Today is 2/6/20.
I ordered unit on 1/16/20. I will never see the unit that is why I bought another one. Opened dispute with Paypal, waiting to hear from them. I blame myself for the problem, the unit was too cheap to be true. I know better!
__________________
16570
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2019, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.