The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 7 January 2020, 01:06 AM   #1
kevlar
"TRF" Member

Dubai

Hi All off to Dubai in May this year so wondered if anyone can recommend any good authorised dealers to visit while there?

Thanks
kevlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 01:09 AM   #2
DBlue2018
"TRF" Member

For what purpose?
DBlue2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 01:55 AM   #3
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
Hi All off to Dubai in May this year so wondered if anyone can recommend any good authorised dealers to visit while there?

Thanks
Is there a particular variant of Datejust you are after?
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 02:41 AM   #4
OmaniRolex
"TRF" Member

Dubai

All the dealers are owned by the same company. It doesn’t matter which store you pop in. They’re all owned by Seddiqi & Sons. The 3 story AD in the Dubai Mall is a lot of glitz and glamour, but you won’t find any of the SS models you’re after. They’re will be some Yachtmasters scattered around town, maybe a Sky Dweller. Try the Wafi Mall. It’s a smaller boutique in a little less touristy spot. But if you’re not going until May, there’s no telling what will be available then. The same for Abu Dhabi. All those are owned by Khori & Sons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OmaniRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 02:44 AM   #5
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Dubai has Rolex Boutiques, at least you won't be asked to buy diamonds for your wife before considering showing you what you want. Enjoy the store at Dubai Mall, quite an experience.
Old 7 January 2020, 03:32 AM   #6
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

They’ve closed most lists completely for popular stuff but good luck. Avoid the mega touristy ADs (such as Dubai Mall). They’re a waste of time.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 03:34 AM   #7
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Well if you want a DJ or pm DD, you're in for a treat.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 03:35 AM   #8
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Well if you want a DJ or pm DD, you're in for a treat.
A ladies DJ
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 03:59 AM   #9
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmaniRolex View Post
All the dealers are owned by the same company. It doesn’t matter which store you pop in. They’re all owned by Seddiqi & Sons. The 3 story AD in the Dubai Mall is a lot of glitz and glamour, but you won’t find any of the SS models you’re after. They’re will be some Yachtmasters scattered around town, maybe a Sky Dweller. Try the Wafi Mall. It’s a smaller boutique in a little less touristy spot. But if you’re not going until May, there’s no telling what will be available then. The same for Abu Dhabi. All those are owned by Khori & Sons.

Quite correct. The Dubai Mall is amazing and worth a day walking around and shopping. For watches, there are many resellers in town and I have purchased watches from several of them. Just ask around and be willing to travel the town. Hope you are lucky.

I love Dubai.
fsprow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 04:55 AM   #10
Aish
"TRF" Member

Watch: me at the top!
Mate, you wont find any hot model and most of the waiting lists are closed except for an Explorer as far as I remember. As rightly pointed out all Rolex AD shops are owned by Ahmed Seddiqi & Sons irrespective of where they are in Dubai. The last time I was there a month back they all did have a YM Rhodium Dial available and a bit of TT stock. Nothing out of the hot models, if you are going to the Dubai Mall send me a PM Ill be happy to give the details of my SA who I deal with. He is super nice and helpful :)
Aish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2020, 08:38 AM   #11
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
Is there a particular variant of Datejust you are after?
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2020, 02:12 AM   #12
kevlar
"TRF" Member

Hi All didn't realise my thread had been moved! not after a DJ and you answered my question perfectly its the same as in the UK then so not much chance of getting anything in SS - I have been to Dubai about 10 years ago amazing place tanks for your replies very helpful.

Thanks Aish I may be in contact nearer the time - appreciate May is a while away and things can change (doubt it!)
Old 22 January 2020, 02:51 AM   #13
JayHantz

Watch: @Escapementt
Quote:
Hi All didn't realise my thread had been moved! not after a DJ and you answered my question perfectly its the same as in the UK then so not much chance of getting anything in SS - I have been to Dubai about 10 years ago amazing place tanks for your replies very helpful.

Thanks Aish I may be in contact nearer the time - appreciate May is a while away and things can change (doubt it!)
Omani hit the nail on the head with his response. Sadly, this SS market is a GLOBAL issue. I frequent Dubai for work (I will be there in two weeks) and I have yet to see a desirable SS model in the store when I visit the mall. It is just the nature of the beast. The ONLY time I saw a SS model was in the airport heading home a year or so ago - they had an Explorer in the case.

Still head to the mall and enjoy the city. There is so much to see and do. I highly recommend going to the Burj and paying a little extra for the tour/viewing - where you actually get to the top.
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 01:45 AM   #14
kevlar
"TRF" Member

Thanks I did this on our previous trip and yes what a view from the Burj!

Just out of interest how do the prices compare for Tudor watches out there, I do really like the Pelagos LHD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHantz View Post
Omani hit the nail on the head with his response. Sadly, this SS market is a GLOBAL issue. I frequent Dubai for work (I will be there in two weeks) and I have yet to see a desirable SS model in the store when I visit the mall. It is just the nature of the beast. The ONLY time I saw a SS model was in the airport heading home a year or so ago - they had an Explorer in the case.

Still head to the mall and enjoy the city. There is so much to see and do. I highly recommend going to the Burj and paying a little extra for the tour/viewing - where you actually get to the top.
Old 23 January 2020, 01:55 AM   #15
PresiDee
"TRF" Member

I live here in Dubai and agree with the summary given by Omani and others

The Dubai Mall branch does have a (free) hospitality section which is worth a look. You can go up and have a coffee, talk watches and view the exhibition space dedicated to one of the more popular models...last I went it was the SD/DSSD but I believe it changes.

It’s usually empty so makes for a nice pit stop in the busy mall

PresiDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 02:43 AM   #16
JayHantz

Watch: @Escapementt
Quote:
Thanks I did this on our previous trip and yes what a view from the Burj!

Just out of interest how do the prices compare for Tudor watches out there, I do really like the Pelagos LHD.
I would say about the same, you do get some VAT back, so that may help if you find a model you want that you may not be able to get in the states. But if you have a great relationship with an AD you may be able to get more off. Just depends?
JayHantz is offline   Reply With Quote