The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 September 2019, 06:41 AM   #1
justdate
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP/AP/Rolex
GP Laureato Skeleton

Hello

I came across the GP Laureato skeleton today and was really impressed by it. The AD pricing is around £24k.

I wanted to get some feedback on this watch from any members who have purchased or investigated it themselves. Would love to know more and any opinions are welcome too.

Thanks.

justdate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 07:21 AM   #2
madgpol
"TRF" Member

First off looks great on your wrist. I've been drawn to the GP recently when I was looking for a new watch. Tried on the chrono and plain Laureato and found them to be the most comfortable watch to wear. Didn't pull the trigger as retail is a no-no for a GP.

Is that list? If so I'd look to see what price grey market.

Think the brand is unloved but makes some beautiful watches
madgpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 08:07 AM   #3
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

I saw it in the metal at a little AD in the JW Marriott in Mayfair (Grosvenor House?) with some other nice versions of the Laureato. I think it's a pretty underrated line. The skeleton is really awesome in the flesh! Catches a lot of flack for similarity to other brands, but as one poster pointed out on the forum awhile ago, the Laureato has had these design cues for a long long time. However, I'd only buy it for keeps, as you will take a bath if you try to sell it down the line.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 10:35 AM   #4
Txkill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
I really really like it. Do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Txkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2019, 11:01 AM   #5
kunlun
"TRF" Member

There's a fellow on watchprosite who has it and is quite happy with it.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2019, 03:52 AM   #6
justdate
"TRF" Member

GP Laureato Skeleton

Love the feedback guys thanks.

Still been thinking about it today, and still love the idea. My wife also says it’s great.

Think it’s just a case of figuring out the financials as buying it wrong would be costly. Need to find a good deal on it I would say and then it makes sense.

Old 15 September 2019, 03:56 AM   #7
Helmi
"TRF" Member

GP Laureato Skeleton

I tried this watch several times and absolutely love it. If you decide to buy it go grey market, you will get it much less than 24k brand new.

I was very close to pulling the trigger several times but I hesitated due to my plan of aquiring the skeleton AP which is very much overlapping with the GP.

Looks great on you.
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2019, 04:27 AM   #8
justdate
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmi View Post
I tried this watch several times and absolutely love it. If you decide to buy it go grey market, you will get it much less than 24k brand new.

I was very close to pulling the trigger several times but I hesitated due to my plan of aquiring the skeleton AP which is very much overlapping with the GP.

Looks great on you.

Thanks Helmi.

I had a look on Chrono24 and saw some significant grey dealer discounts. But I will discuss this with ADs here and see what deals are acheivable.

There is definitely significant overlap with the AP, the 15407ST I presume you are looking at? The price points are quite different though! Was there anything else holding you back on the GP or reasons you prefer the AP, even at the significant price premium?

Old 15 September 2019, 11:51 AM   #9
Helmi
"TRF" Member

GP Laureato Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdate View Post
Thanks Helmi.

I had a look on Chrono24 and saw some significant grey dealer discounts. But I will discuss this with ADs here and see what deals are acheivable.

There is definitely significant overlap with the AP, the 15407ST I presume you are looking at? The price points are quite different though! Was there anything else holding you back on the GP or reasons you prefer the AP, even at the significant price premium?

Yes it is the 15407st that I am looking after. I understand it is significantly more expensive than the GP. However, it was the watch that brought my attention to the whole skeleton watches range and I feel that buying the GP will not scratch the itch and will just make me settle for some time only. That is why I decided to wait and go big, mean while I was busy acquiring other pieces that I also wanted.
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2019, 12:20 PM   #10
bigfatpauli
"TRF" Member

I think that's a fantastic watch; the entire Laureato line is in fact. I say take the plunge!
bigfatpauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2019, 07:34 PM   #11
justdate
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmi View Post
Yes it is the 15407st that I am looking after. I understand it is significantly more expensive than the GP. However, it was the watch that brought my attention to the whole skeleton watches range and I feel that buying the GP will not scratch the itch and will just make me settle for some time only. That is why I decided to wait and go big, mean while I was busy acquiring other pieces that I also wanted.

Makes sense, thanks

Old 17 September 2019, 10:31 AM   #12
jag32
Banned

Watch: PP/AP/BP/UN
Looks too much like a RO. I wanted a Laureato but opted against it because it is too much of a RO “inspiration”
jag32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2019, 02:33 AM   #13
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
I really like this piece and have tried it on and seriously considered it many times.. the main reason stopping me each time is that I really want a 15407 and this would not scratch that itch.
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 03:32 PM   #14
997GT3
"TRF" Member

Would love to trade up for one soon. GP is amazing and underrated. Full in-house manufacturer from the movement down to the clasp.

I have the standard 42mm model and absolutely love it. Being a 70's "Genta" era, I think their execution is the best outside of the originals.

I am far more satisfied with my GP Laureato 42mm then my previous Piaget Polo S. Cheers!
IWC Ingenieur IW3233-03 RG
Romain Jerome Spacecraft
997GT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 05:58 PM   #15
bitcoin1188
"TRF" Member

Nice GP.
bitcoin1188 is offline   Reply With Quote