The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which version of the YM II do you prefer?
Steel 71 55.91%
Steel and Everose Gold 23 18.11%
Yellow Gold 33 25.98%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 February 2018, 11:20 PM   #31
Trek737
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post
I bought the YMII and Deep Blue together - and, like you, am definitely wearing the YMII more (though the Deep Blue is very cool and, for the time being at least, isn’t going anywhere!)
Glad to hear you are keeping both. I can see that the YM II would be more comfortable. But I love the look of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyx View Post
Here's a photo of the JC and SS YMII side by side.
That is a great photo... Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanmodel View Post
Bingo~~

Wow, wasn't expecting a weigh in for the big head to head. Very Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPFANBOY View Post
Recently purchased the YM II in SS and a DSSD D-Blue. Love them both! Personally don't like the Two-Tone, YG is nice, but I prefer RG.
The SS is classic and understated... very easy on the eyes. Congrats on owning one beautiful watch.

Quote:
Ok, now I am really jealous, you have the watch and your out boating... Perfect, just sign me up now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16610v View Post
SS is the most iconic look of ym ii for me
I agree it looks stunning just in SS alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMC12 View Post
I didn't vote - I like them all equally to be honest.
But I agree with the above statement the most. I love them all as well. It has been nice to see what others think of the YM II.
116660 DeepBlue
Wife:
116231 DJ Black MOP set w Diamonds
178384 DJ White MOP set w Diamonds
Trek737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2018, 11:22 PM   #32
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Great shot!!
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2018, 11:24 PM   #33
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 12:24 AM   #34
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, Omega
Here's my 2017 YG. I also have a TT too but will likely sell it on, as I prefer the YG for this watch. Only Rolex I have now.

For what it's worth, I like the gold hands from a design perspective, but they are very hard too see!
P2725TMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 12:57 AM   #35
Trek737
"TRF" Member

^^^ Yes, she is a beauty! ^^^ ie the last two posts...

I like the gold hands as well. Guess they changed it from the blue a few years ago.

Thanks for the pics...
116660 DeepBlue
Wife:
Old 6 February 2018, 01:24 AM   #36
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek737 View Post
^^^ Yes, she is a beauty! ^^^ ie the last two posts...

I like the gold hands as well. Guess they changed it from the blue a few years ago.

Thanks for the pics...
Don't know precise timing, but I think the first ones had gold hands, then they went to blued, and then in 2017 back to gold again, but with the 'Mercedes' hour hand.
Old 6 February 2018, 01:50 AM   #37
Jeffreyc87
"TRF" Member

"Clownmaster"...."designed by a 3 year old"...over the years I have heard so many make negative comments about this watch in any metal....I promise you...if you see it in person and stare at the face.....and have any type of interest in art or the way colors interact....you will eventually come to realize what an amazingly beautiful dial this is....the white dial, the blue ceramic....the blued hands...the red hand....everything working together like a work art. Amazing dial. Amazing function.
Jeffreyc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 01:55 AM   #38
oneilchris555
"TRF" Member

Sharp!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sharpymII.jpg (112.7 KB, 177 views)
oneilchris555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 03:03 AM   #39
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

I agree. The movement function is pretty useless in real life, but you don't buy it for that - its just a very attractive piece, and definitely the 'loudest' I have. I do think it works well in the yellow gold too, as it has a very rich hue to it. I generally prefer rose gold, but the YM2 definitely looks better as it is.
Old 6 February 2018, 11:06 AM   #40
Trek737
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2725TMB View Post
Here's my 2017 YG. I also have a TT too but will likely sell it on, as I prefer the YG for this watch. Only Rolex I have now.

For what it's worth, I like the gold hands from a design perspective, but they are very hard too see!
Just curious why the YG won you over the Everose gold? I like both... I am a little hesitant on the all YG as I am afraid it might be a little to loud for me... I have never owned a watch that would draw that much attention to it. But I have to admit it is a beauty!

I like the Everose TT. It seems to be a perfect blend. But then I am thinking I might be making a mistake if I bypass the YG. The YG goes so well with the YM II.

Quote:
Don't know precise timing, but I think the first ones had gold hands, then they went to blued, and then in 2017 back to gold again, but with the 'Mercedes' hour hand.
Thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffreyc87 View Post
"Clownmaster"...."designed by a 3 year old"...over the years I have heard so many make negative comments about this watch in any metal....I promise you...if you see it in person and stare at the face.....and have any type of interest in art or the way colors interact....you will eventually come to realize what an amazingly beautiful dial this is....the white dial, the blue ceramic....the blued hands...the red hand....everything working together like a work art. Amazing dial. Amazing function.
I agree.... Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this great time piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneilchris555 View Post
Sharp!!!!
Quote:
I agree. The movement function is pretty useless in real life, but you don't buy it for that - its just a very attractive piece, and definitely the 'loudest' I have. I do think it works well in the yellow gold too, as it has a very rich hue to it. I generally prefer rose gold, but the YM2 definitely looks better as it is.
Do you ever feel that it draws to much attention. Or any negative attention because it is such a loud piece.
116660 DeepBlue
Wife:
Old 6 February 2018, 12:13 PM   #41
SpyShopsNYC
"TRF" Member

My 8 month baby girl Avery loves the YG YM2 the most.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SpyShopsNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 12:24 PM   #42
Trek737
"TRF" Member

^^^. Beautiful... Looks like you both have a thing for YG!
116660 DeepBlue
Wife:
Old 6 February 2018, 02:07 PM   #43
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
It's a great watch and I love the looks of it. As a former Sail Boat racer I would have loved something like that back then. I was wondering if there is anyone on the forum who actually uses the watch for starts? I'd love to hear about it!!!!

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 04:58 PM   #44
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP ROO Blue Scuba
Quote:
Any more pics you guys want to share...

Also with all the different watches you own do you find yourself wearing the YM II a lot or does it get by passed up for something else...

And thanks for those who have already chimed in with pics....
THANKS !

As for me, I just rotate depending on the day/what I'm doing? Not really an occasion watch as I wear all my gold pieces all week long, even daily'd my platinum DDII for a bit

I bought a batman GMT to wear as a true daily however due to nickel allergy I cannot :(

Here is my fav trio,

Next to platinum DDII, makes it look ordinary lol

Here is the weight, less a link
iLLGT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2018, 08:27 PM   #45
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Just curious why the YG won you over the Everose gold? I like both... I am a little hesitant on the all YG as I am afraid it might be a little to loud for me... I have never owned a watch that would draw that much attention to it. But I have to admit it is a beauty!

I like the Everose TT. It seems to be a perfect blend. But then I am thinking I might be making a mistake if I bypass the YG. The YG goes so well with the YM II.

Thanks for the clarification.

I agree.... Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this great time piece.

Do you ever feel that it draws to much attention. Or any negative attention because it is such a loud piece.
It is loud and it is noticeable. It's not a watch I'd have if I only had one, it really needs to be part of a rotation. Indeed I don't wear it that much because it is so noticeable. Its the kind of watch you have if you want people to think one owns a gold watch! Of the watches I own, including APs, it is by far the most blingy.

I don't wear it to business meets etc because its too much. I do occasionally wear it if I'm going to an event where I want people to notice it and think 'he's successful'. This might sound shallow but its taken many years of hard work for me to be in this fortunate position and sometimes I do feel like letting people know!

This all said, nobody has ever commented on it and probably most people would think its a fake anyway!
Old 7 February 2018, 03:20 AM   #46
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It is loud and it is noticeable. It's not a watch I'd have if I only had one, it really needs to be part of a rotation. Indeed I don't wear it that much because it is so noticeable. Its the kind of watch you have if you want people to think one owns a gold watch! Of the watches I own, including APs, it is by far the most blingy.

I don't wear it to business meets etc because its too much. I do occasionally wear it if I'm going to an event where I want people to notice it and think 'he's successful'. This might sound shallow but its taken many years of hard work for me to be in this fortunate position and sometimes I do feel like letting people know!

This all said, nobody has ever commented on it and probably most people would think its a fake anyway!
I think it depends where you are in the world, and maybe what you look like? On my 6'3 massive frame it gets lost, and especially in south florida.

It has gotten some attention in form of looks, however, I can wear it every day and not feel its out of place in Florida!

If you're a smaller guy maybe it beams off your wrist, as well. Not really sure what to attribute it to
Old 7 February 2018, 03:26 AM   #47
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

Fair points!
Old 7 February 2018, 03:33 AM   #48
Trek737
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLGT2 View Post
THANKS !

Here is my fav trio,

Here is the weight, less a link
That is one heck of a trio. Thanks for the awesome pics. I will let you know when I stop drooling!

All of those watches are beautiful! Glad to see so many in PM. Seems like a majority of the Rolexs that are posted here are SS.

I am torn between the Everose TT YM II and the YG. I think I would feel a self conscious about the attention the YG would bring. But it is one amazing looking watch that is on my radar.

Thanks again for your insight and pics!
116660 DeepBlue
Wife:
Old 7 February 2018, 03:35 AM   #49
iLLGT2
"TRF" Member

Quote:
That is one heck of a trio. Thanks for the awesome pics. I will let you know when I stop drooling!

All of those watches are beautiful! Glad to see so many in PM. Seems like a majority of the Rolexs that are posted here are SS.

I am torn between the Everose TT YM II and the YG. I think I would feel a self conscious about the attention the YG would bring. But it is one amazing looking watch that is on my radar.

Thanks again for your insight and pics!
Thanks, and your concern is understandable.

Bottom line is, you have to seek both out and be able to try both on side by side... From what you are saying , it sounds like the two tone will likely be a better choice for you..
Old 7 February 2018, 03:44 AM   #50
Trek737
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thanks for your valuable insight regarding the YG YM II. I know what it is like to have paid your dues early on in ones career.

I am surprised no one has commented on your gold watch...
116660 DeepBlue
Wife:
Old 7 February 2018, 01:43 PM   #51
SpyShopsNYC
"TRF" Member

Quote:

To be honest if you own a YM2, than you are boss and don’t have to worry about time. I use the 10 minute count down for my remote-start for my Escalade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SpyShopsNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2018, 02:19 PM   #52
Hairdude1
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP,PP, Rolex
I love the full gold however the the SS is pretty sweet

16750, 26401, 5711, 116718, 116710LN, 116300, 16710"Coke", 372, 15300, 15703 (All Flipped)
Official Member "Perpetual 30" Las Vegas GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member 'WIS-CON' Las Vegas Int'l GTG 2018
Hairdude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2018, 08:50 PM   #53
dadonn2
"TRF" Member

I had the two tone and recollect that Rolex used to use that watch quite a bit in their billboards. The rose gold really looks good on that piece. Two tones in general are usually going to be the least popular vote. For my taste, I found the steel version a little bland but I could try it on tomorrow and feel different. The gold was a consideration for me but I ended up going with the skydweller. I think the two tone is the best looking of the three but again, two tones tend to be unpopular and the price point is pretty close to a PM sub or GMT.
dadonn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2018, 09:06 PM   #54
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Owning both the YG and SS I can tell you much prefer the SS. The YG was way too much for me!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2018, 09:13 PM   #55
P2725TMB
2024 Pledge Member

All this talk of YM2s has made me dig it out...

Embarrased to see it needs a bit of a clean with 'Wristclean'.
Old 6 July 2019, 04:46 PM   #56
Jsauce
"TRF" Member

Loooove my Yacht Master ii

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jsauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2019, 11:08 PM   #57
cts
"TRF" Member

My order of preference..
1. WG
2. SS
3. YG
4. TT

Love this watch!!!
cts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2019, 11:40 PM   #58
RolexFan007
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM2 116680
YMII SS is my favorite... I too started off with Platinum WG Ym2 working it down step by step to the SS....

This watch is very unique in a way that in todays market only people with true passion of it will buy the most expensive SS watch Rolex makes....

Gets lot of attention (positive)

I was offered one for about 12% discount late last year... couldnt pull the trigger back then... now any above 5% is good in my opinion...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190115_164948_crop_569x593.jpg (263.4 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg 20190614_185747-1250x937.jpg (261.0 KB, 61 views)
RolexFan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 July 2019, 12:05 AM   #59
MesaSean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126711CHNR
I love all the Yachmasters. Both I and II. Especially the I.

I had a 16622 but had to let it go for my 126711CHNR.

The YM II's are stunning and for the longest I have wanted one. But they feel a bit large on my wrist. It's weird... Daytona's feel too small and the YM II feels too big. I think I am too used to my LV, BLNR and 126711CHNR in terms of size.

2019 GMT Master II 126711CHNR Root Beer
2017 Submariner Hulk 116610LV
2017 GMT Master II 116710BLNR Batman
https://www.instagram.com/mesa_sean/
MesaSean is offline   Reply With Quote