The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 22 September 2019, 04:32 PM   #2581
shalako
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiojai View Post
Appears to me there are more people wearing the JC over the Black dial? The JC seems to be a love it or hate it dial based on what I gather from different threads. I chose to take the black dial but now wondering if it was better to pay more for a homage piece...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is nothing wrong with the regular Black dial although I found that with the matt finish of the dial coupled with the thickness of the crystal the dial looked quite dull which was why I sold mine and got the JC DSSD. The dial on the JC version really pops and looks amazing when it catches the light at different angles.
shalako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 10:32 PM   #2582
vivicorsi
Banned

iPhone 11 pro test

vivicorsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 10:44 PM   #2583
scorpiojai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigres View Post
Was fortunate after a very long and patient wait, to spend a crap load of money on this. Purchased from an AD of which I had a deposit on for more than a year.

My first and most likely my last (I think).

Attachment 1072090

I did the same. I am hoping to have mine before end of the year! Too many other and more important expenses ! 90% paid. It’ll be that much sweeter once attained! Congrats to you!

scorpiojai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 10:45 PM   #2584
scorpiojai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrissteve11 View Post
Buy the watch you like, not whats necessarily popular or forum favorite. I saw the JC in person and thought it was 'just OK'. Been happy with my plain ol Black DSSD for 6 years.

Absolutely!

Old 22 September 2019, 10:46 PM   #2585
scorpiojai
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivicorsi View Post
iPhone 11 pro test

Nice shot! Now all they need is a fourth macro lens lol

Old 23 September 2019, 07:41 AM   #2586
Burke
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126660 D-Blue
Quote:
Appears to me there are more people wearing the JC over the Black dial? The JC seems to be a love it or hate it dial based on what I gather from different threads. I chose to take the black dial but now wondering if it was better to pay more for a homage piece...

The JC is interesting in that depending on lighting, time of day, whether one is wearing blue or black, or even just the angle seems to play to which color is more prominent on the dial. It’s definitely a conversation starter.

Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 07:47 AM   #2587
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

I am in. 126660 JC

Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 08:27 AM   #2588
samsmart
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me Tint
My DSSD

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
samsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2019, 11:33 PM   #2589
antbkny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Dblue
antbkny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2019, 12:14 AM   #2590
Dave_T26
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660, 116660
Quote:
Agreed about the apparent relative popularity of the JC. For all the discussion about the rarity of the JC dial vs black dial, I've seen many more people post pictures of JC dials in various groups, by a wide margin-- either there are more JC dials out there, or more JC owners post pictures of their watches. Hard production numbers would be nice, but that'll probably remain an unknown to us.

I chose the black dial because philosophically I couldn't get into the idea of a Rolex commemorative dial (seemed more like an Omega thing to do) that replaced a perfect good and more practical black dial on a dive watch-- dive watch dials are black to provide better contrast when diving, and I didn't see the sense of a dive watch in the JC colors (I became a PADI certified diver in the 1980s). JC is a beautiful dial and I understand the appeal for many people, but I was just never on board with it compared to a black dial.
Dave_T26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2019, 01:27 AM   #2591
tigres
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12660 DSSD-D Blue
The original Deepsea Sea Dweller thread. DSSD MEMBERS - OWNERS CLUB

Will be going diving over Thanksgiving this year, parents 25th anniversary- taking the whole family on a cruise.

I bought this watch to use, wear and admire. Although certainly not a collector by any means- this watch was in my list for many years. I feel fortunate to be able to call it mine.

tigres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2019, 04:06 PM   #2592
Mike80
"TRF" Member

Hi All,

I’m intrigued to know a bit more about the dial on my DSSD 116660. I’ve recently purchase another (after selling one a year or so back I realised i missed it!)

Purchased from a seller here in the UK on Chrono24 with good feedback and a bricks and mortar shop premises too.

The watch warranty card is completed as January 2018, so I suspect it’s one of the later 116660 just before the 126660 launched.

The dials on the DSSDs seem to have had a number of versions, I’ve noticed in mine there isn’t a space between the 3900 and the ‘m’

Does everything look right?

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5CC728B3-C4CB-41EE-AC9E-E68CEE4D2A30.jpeg (165.6 KB, 355 views)
File Type: jpeg 48713AB8-7672-4219-9678-7B249A30B540.jpeg (201.7 KB, 354 views)
Mike80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2019, 09:12 PM   #2593
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike80 View Post
Hi All,

I’m intrigued to know a bit more about the dial on my DSSD 116660. I’ve recently purchase another (after selling one a year or so back I realised i missed it!)

Purchased from a seller here in the UK on Chrono24 with good feedback and a bricks and mortar shop premises too.

The watch warranty card is completed as January 2018, so I suspect it’s one of the later 116660 just before the 126660 launched.

The dials on the DSSDs seem to have had a number of versions, I’ve noticed in mine there isn’t a space between the 3900 and the ‘m’

Yes, everything's just fine from what I can see.
It's probably a pre-owned watch as it's a MK I dial variant(the very first).
Enjoy
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2019, 09:33 PM   #2594
whited3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4K
Here is a photo of me joining the club last night

1st wear
whited3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2019, 09:42 PM   #2595
Gerry62
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Panerai
Quote:
Hi All,

(after selling one a year or so back I realised i missed it!)
ditto for me

I sold and traded for 16518, blancpain fifty fath. , Panerai 305 ....... now he is back forever

congrats for your MK I
Old 3 October 2019, 11:04 PM   #2596
Dave_T26
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660, 116660
Quote:
Hi All,

Looks great! Congrats on your DSSD! I love that you’ve chosen the black dial.

Looks like you have Mark 1 elements, especially what you mentioned. I’m not quite sure if there’s a specific designation for your dial; I believe a Mark 1 dial is also defined by having the coronet as shown below (drops steeply at the sides), and a thicker/serifed font on “superlative chronometer...” (Mark 1 dials were phased out circa mid-V serial).

Dave_T26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 October 2019, 12:41 AM   #2597
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_T26 View Post
Looks great! Congrats on your DSSD! I love that you’ve chosen the black dial.

Looks like you have Mark 1 elements, especially what you mentioned. I’m not quite sure if there’s a specific designation for your dial; I believe a Mark 1 dial is also defined by having the coronet as shown below (drops steeply at the sides), and a thicker/serifed font on “superlative chronometer...” (Mark 1 dials were phased out circa mid-V serial).

Here's a pic of the Mk1 on my wrist right now

Old 4 October 2019, 12:45 AM   #2598
Burke
"TRF" Member

This is my 126660 I think the difference now is the coronet in between the Swiss Made.
Old 4 October 2019, 01:13 AM   #2599
epc2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV,Pam etc.
The original Deepsea Sea Dweller thread. DSSD MEMBERS - OWNERS CLUB

epc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2019, 07:50 AM   #2600
btv2019DSSD
"TRF" Member

Icon14 Un-expected purchased...

Hello everybody,
I’m new to this forum. I found out about the forum after purchased the watch.
My story was while vacationing and passing by an AD, asked my wife to come in to see what is available (I’ve been looking for a SS Daytona for about five years now, just casually whenever I pass by any AD). I was told by SA that there is a DSSD JC just came in the night before and it is currently been looking at by another customer and probably already been sold. We were about to leave since I never considered purchase DSSD let alone DDSD JC due to the it size and thickness (I thought that it would be too big for my wrist).
All of the sudden, SA came out and said that the watch is available. Since we are already in the store, we decided to try it out anyway just to see how big it really is on the wrist.... To make the story short, it became my second Rolex purchases in almost a 30 years span.
The lessons that I learned:
- Do not write off a watch from the list of potential purchase due to size, color, design...
- A visual hand-on experience is a must if possible (too bad that this recommendation is so hard to fulfill since many are unavailable at AD)

I’m still extremely happy with the purchased of this watch and it has been almost a month now.
I would like to sign up to join the DSSD’ s club.
Thank you for listening and sorry for a long post
Regards
Ps: how comfortable the DSSD JC is on small wrist 6.8 in is extremely underrated and not discussed enough.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 5550666B-2072-477F-B4F5-F45FBB2349F9.jpeg (97.5 KB, 298 views)
btv2019DSSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2019, 11:13 AM   #2601
NiJaRo1225
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP and Rolex
Went from a black 116660 to this 126660 and loving it even more.

NiJaRo1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2019, 11:31 AM   #2602
RobsterCraw
Banned

I’m on the hunt for a DSSD black to add to my SD43. Do y’all agree that some real “bargains” can be found on the DSSD black over the JC editing and the SD43 for that matter. I’ve even found a few right at MSRP on the gray market on the black dial. Something I haven’t seen in awhile on any SS model. My SA also told me she believes the DSSD black would be one of the easiest pieces of SS to get in. Thoughts ?
RobsterCraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2019, 11:46 AM   #2603
mattsrs
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsterCraw View Post
I’m on the hunt for a DSSD black to add to my SD43. Do y’all agree that some real “bargains” can be found on the DSSD black over the JC editing and the SD43 for that matter. I’ve even found a few right at MSRP on the gray market on the black dial. Something I haven’t seen in awhile on any SS model. My SA also told me she believes the DSSD black would be one of the easiest pieces of SS to get in. Thoughts ?
It's def one of if not the easiest to buy SS models. In the past two weeks I've seen two on display at two different ADs in my area

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
mattsrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2019, 01:17 PM   #2604
gsteve
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsterCraw View Post
id say that's correct , not many appreciate what it has. Just the truly cool of us ;)
gsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2019, 02:47 PM   #2605
007_Omega
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
Can anyone confirm if the MK1 JC and MK2 JC have the same dials, in terms of color I mean? From pics, it seems that the new MK2 has a bluer dial.
007_Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2019, 04:36 PM   #2606
omx5o
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss GV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007_Omega View Post
Can anyone confirm if the MK1 JC and MK2 JC have the same dials, in terms of color I mean? From pics, it seems that the new MK2 has a bluer dial.
I also noticed that older JCs are a bit darker, probably just the images.
omx5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2019, 06:46 PM   #2607
Gerry62
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btv2019DSSD View Post
Hello everybody,
I’m new to this forum. I found out about the forum after purchased the watch.
My story was while vacationing and passing by an AD, asked my wife to come in to see what is available (I’ve been looking for a SS Daytona for about five years now, just casually whenever I pass by any AD). I was told by SA that there is a DSSD JC just came in the night before and it is currently been looking at by another customer and probably already been sold. We were about to leave since I never considered purchase DSSD let alone DDSD JC due to the it size and thickness (I thought that it would be too big for my wrist).
All of the sudden, SA came out and said that the watch is available. Since we are already in the store, we decided to try it out anyway just to see how big it really is on the wrist.... To make the story short, it became my second Rolex purchases in almost a 30 years span.
The lessons that I learned:
- Do not write off a watch from the list of potential purchase due to size, color, design...
- A visual hand-on experience is a must if possible (too bad that this recommendation is so hard to fulfill since many are unavailable at AD)

I’m still extremely happy with the purchased of this watch and it has been almost a month now.
I would like to sign up to join the DSSD’ s club.
Thank you for listening and sorry for a long post
Regards
Ps: how comfortable the DSSD JC is on small wrist 6.8 in is extremely underrated and not discussed enough.
Welcome, great choice and thx for sharing
Old 8 October 2019, 06:48 PM   #2608
Gerry62
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omx5o View Post
I also noticed that older JCs are a bit darker, probably just the images.
difficult to establish the tone of the blue

varies depending on the light and position
imho
Old 8 October 2019, 09:31 PM   #2609
omx5o
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss GV
Just joined the club.

omx5o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 October 2019, 11:37 PM   #2610
Burke
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by omx5o View Post
Just joined the club.

Congrats wear it in good health! Best timepiece I’ve ever owned!