The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 22 September 2019, 04:55 AM   #1
mahlerfan77
"TRF" Member

Tudor Black Bay Bronze strap on Pelagos?

Hi guys,

This is my first post, but have been lurking here for a while soaking up the accumulated wisdom! I am considering purchasing a new Tudor Pelagos in blue, but think it would look awesome with the khaki fabric strap that comes on the old model Black Bay Bronze.

It seems the strap is 22 mm and the lug width on the Pelagos is 22 mm (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Would this fit the Pelly, or am I being too ambitious here??

Can't post links as I don't have 10 posts yet, but it is the lighter colored fabric strap I'm looking at from the BBB.
mahlerfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 06:08 AM   #2
Robday
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 GMT Coke
Welcome to TRF!

Are you aware that the Tudor fabric straps have the spring bars enclosed in pockets made in the strap? Not only does the lug width need to be the same, but also the distance between the lug holes (top & bottom). You would want to measure this against your potential strap to make sure everything lines up.

That being said, I am currently using a Black Bay GMT fabric strap on my Heritage Ranger & it fits perfectly.
Robday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 September 2019, 07:36 AM   #3
Jona
Banned

Watch: 116618LN
I thought the lug width on the old BB Bronze was 23mm
Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2019, 10:22 AM   #4
mahlerfan77
"TRF" Member

Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcome and the responses. The lug width of the BBB may be 23 mm, but according to Authenticwatches dot com (which sells the OEM Tudor straps individually) the strap width of the one I'm looking at is 22 mm.

Too bad I can't post a direct link, but on their site the strap number is 4322064. It says $450.00 and up to a 3 month wait. Are there other places where I can procure the same strap with less wait time? Will ADs order it? I checked with one Tudor AD nearby in upstate NY, and they said ordering straps separately from Tudor was not possible. I have to believe there's at least a few ADs out there that will!
mahlerfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 September 2019, 02:18 AM   #5
Robday
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 GMT Coke
I recently ordered 2 different Tudor fabric straps for my Ranger from my local AD...just prepay and wait (each less than 2 weeks), and each a whole lot less than $450.

You might also check eBay, I've seen several over the past few months at reasonable prices.

If you are planning to purchase your new Pelagos from an AD, maybe make the additional fabric strap part of your deal....?
Robday is offline   Reply With Quote