The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 June 2015, 04:58 PM   #1
.db
"TRF" Member

My Culver City service center experience

Just wanted to share my experience with the Culver City Omega Service Center.

I have a PO (2500C) that I bought in 2009. The crown stem tube became stripped and it wasn't possible to screw down the crown anymore. In addition, it just needed a CLA since it was gaining about 8 seconds a day.

I went to an Omega AD (not the one I purchased from, but another that I've got a great rapport with). We shipped it to Omega in Culver City and I recently got it back.

Sadly, the watch no longer winds through the rotor. After a full manual wind, and wearing it everyday, the watch would stop shortly after two days. Went through that cycle 3 times and even kept a log of when it was on and off my wrist. Also, the crown could be screwed down, but it didn't have any 'spring' feel to screw it back down; it was just flush and you screwed it in.

The AD I went through took all the right steps and it's back to Omega to be fixed, but still… what a disappointing first experience with Omega service.

I really wanted to fly to Seattle for a day trip to hand deliver it to Nesbits because I've heard a few bad stories about Omega's service centers from forums. In hindsight, I wish I did.

.db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2015, 11:35 PM   #2
crfsocal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .db View Post
I really wanted to fly to Seattle for a day trip to hand deliver it to Nesbits because I've heard a few bad stories about Omega's service centers from forums. In hindsight, I wish I did.
I've also notice a lot of threads over different forums of people complaining about omega service centers. As you mentioned most of the good experiences are from those that sent it up to Seattle.

IMO omega lately is leaving a lot to be desired...
crfsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 July 2015, 04:53 PM   #3
indy78
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116233 Serti
Nesbit's

I called both the Culver City Omega Service Center and Nesbit's today regarding a service. I live close enough to drop my watch at the Service Center and was actually considering doing so. However, I've used Nesbit's twice for my Rolex watches, so I gave them a call and was told they will send out a prepaid FedEx shipping label using their account. Insured for $6,000 it would cost $27.50 each way from Central CA. I was very pleased with the service they did on my Rolex watches. After reading your post I will definitely go with Nesbit's for my Omega. Plus Nesbit's warranty the service for 30 months versus Omega's 24 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .db View Post
Just wanted to share my experience with the Culver City Omega Service Center.

I have a PO (2500C) that I bought in 2009. The crown stem tube became stripped and it wasn't possible to screw down the crown anymore. In addition, it just needed a CLA since it was gaining about 8 seconds a day.

I went to an Omega AD (not the one I purchased from, but another that I've got a great rapport with). We shipped it to Omega in Culver City and I recently got it back.

Sadly, the watch no longer winds through the rotor. After a full manual wind, and wearing it everyday, the watch would stop shortly after two days. Went through that cycle 3 times and even kept a log of when it was on and off my wrist. Also, the crown could be screwed down, but it didn't have any 'spring' feel to screw it back down; it was just flush and you screwed it in.

The AD I went through took all the right steps and it's back to Omega to be fixed, but still… what a disappointing first experience with Omega service.

Old 12 July 2015, 12:07 PM   #4
GTS Dean
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3570.50
I sent my Speedy to Seattle and was very pleased with the entire experience.
GTS Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2015, 03:28 AM   #5
.db
"TRF" Member

My PO is back; and I picked it up on Tuesday. Happy to say everything is back in proper working order
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3021.JPG (98.0 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3024.JPG (94.6 KB, 100 views)
Old 19 July 2015, 09:17 AM   #6
AlTinkster92
"TRF" Member

Glad its back, odd though they sent the replaced parts back, always heard they kept them.
AlTinkster92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 July 2015, 09:29 AM   #7
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

Have heard at best mixed reviews of Omega service. That's why Vanessa has my Seamaster GMT right now. A good indy is a must for Omega, imho.
Old 19 July 2015, 04:23 PM   #8
.db
"TRF" Member

Thanks! It's actually standard for Omega to return the replaced parts (also got back the gaskets, He-release crown, and a couple gears that were replaced during the first botched service).

And yeah, I'm definitely going with an independent the next time. Even though I feel like everything is better than new at the moment, it's really unfortunate that it was ever able to pass quality control checks the first time.
Old 20 July 2015, 08:54 AM   #9
AlTinkster92
"TRF" Member

Had my Seamaster serviced by Omega in January, they kept all the old parts.
AlTinkster92 is offline   Reply With Quote