The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 March 2021, 06:15 AM   #1
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
noticing a Breitling

Just a interesting observation;
I have never worn a watch to impress someone else, most of the time it is hidden under a long sleeve and hardly aware of it. But not to long ago I was reading a post on the Rolex side about how many people notice your watch. Especially by those who are not enthusiast. And the answer was - not many.

But lately I have been getting comments on my Superocean almost daily. Why?, I have no idea. But customers notice when I check the date when taking a order, My waitress, Co-workers, At the gas station. I have had Rolex, Omega, Heuer - a lot of very nice watches and hardly ever received a notice. Now it's like "what kind is that" , "I'll bet that's expensive", "That's a nice watch", "what a cool watch" etc. And this is from men and women.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, It's Kind of weird. Has anyone else experienced this? It's a plain Black dial Superocean, Not blingy, diamond studded or has flashing lights on it. There must be something about it that appeals to people.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2021, 08:00 AM   #2
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
I think people certainly do notice but don't always say anything. Expensive watches stand out, especially considering how so many these days wear nothing at all or smart watches.

I also heard someone say (or post) they never wear their watch while negotiate a deal.

Some of the watches on straps like Vacheron Constantin are very much under the radar, but still.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2021, 08:33 AM   #3
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

I could understand that. I probably wouldn't think of that mainly because I use my watches as tools or daily attire just like pants or shoes. I wear my watch 24/7, so I don't even strap it on in the morning. It's always there when I need the date or time no matter what I'm doing. So I actually give it very little thought that I'm wearing it. I don't even feel it. I guess that could be bad in certain situations.
Old 26 March 2021, 10:21 AM   #4
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
That's awesome, I'm glad to hear you're getting the most out of these watches and wearing one all the time. It certainly is on your mind even less once you're accustomed to it always being there.

I'm glad so many people have been noticing. Maybe some will end up being future owners!
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2021, 10:23 AM   #5
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Thak you. I have never been more pleased with a watch as I am with this one.
Old 12 July 2021, 07:21 AM   #6
KieranJackson
"TRF" Member

Watch: Nixon LOL
I'm a big (and new) fan of the SuperOcean! It is a really nice piece.
KieranJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 11:11 AM   #7
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ2020 View Post
Just a interesting observation;
I have never worn a watch to impress someone else, most of the time it is hidden under a long sleeve and hardly aware of it. But not to long ago I was reading a post on the Rolex side about how many people notice your watch. Especially by those who are not enthusiast. And the answer was - not many.

But lately I have been getting comments on my Superocean almost daily. Why?, I have no idea. But customers notice when I check the date when taking a order, My waitress, Co-workers, At the gas station. I have had Rolex, Omega, Heuer - a lot of very nice watches and hardly ever received a notice. Now it's like "what kind is that" , "I'll bet that's expensive", "That's a nice watch", "what a cool watch" etc. And this is from men and women.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, It's Kind of weird. Has anyone else experienced this? It's a plain Black dial Superocean, Not blingy, diamond studded or has flashing lights on it. There must be something about it that appeals to people.
Doesn't surprise me at all.

The two watches I get comments on are my superocean heritage b20 in rosegold and black which I have changed a bracelet for, and my classic gold-steel datejust.

I own rolex, cartier, seiko etc... but none of those get comments like the abovr two.
philhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 July 2021, 10:42 PM   #8
Chromosome
"TRF" Member

is your breitling on their mesh bracelet?
Chromosome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 12:18 AM   #9
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

I've rarely gotten comments on my Rolex watches. They almost always come from people who are also very much into watches which is few and far between. I've never gotten a single comment on my IWC watches. Far and away, my Breitlings always get the most attention. It's not a surprise considering the brand is flashier than most others, many of their models are chronographs (which always look "fancier" to the untrained eye), and they are typically larger in size. I used to own a two tone Navtimer that got more compliments than any watch I have owned before or since. Nowadays, my Chrono-Matic (which is being serviced at the moment) gets the most attention. It's 44mm and on a polished Navitimer bracelet which does the trick.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 06:35 AM   #10
Melissaw1010
"TRF" Member

I’m a woman and recently purchased a 41m Galactic grey dial, such a beautiful watch and get compliments on it. Breitling is my first step into the luxury watch world. I also have a galactic 36 mop diamond and get compliments on that too . I think the bracelet also adds a nice extra shine
Melissaw1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2021, 12:19 PM   #11
philhendrix
"TRF" Member

I think you can tell where breitling is trying to go looking at their ladies' watches. looking forward to see their new releases, though not sure if I will purchase any breitlings in the future.
philhendrix is offline   Reply With Quote