The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 21 April 2021, 04:28 PM   #1
Armis
"TRF" Member

The new 43mm ROOs are now on the website

I’m curious to hear if anyone has tried one on yet.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 03:12 AM   #2
GS93108
"TRF" Member

They've been on the AP site since the March launch, but they aren't due for delivery to clients until September, so we aren't likely to see any IRL much before then.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 03:29 AM   #3
Chary
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 15407ST
I wonder how they wear vs the 44

Instagram: Chary1
Chary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 06:42 AM   #4
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
As the case/bezel/crystal is curved I think it’ll wear smaller than it’s size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 09:00 AM   #5
ragsk
Banned

Very interested in one of these. A slightly reduced size is perfect for me. Likely I am going to sell my Ceramic 44 which I don't wear much.
ragsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 11:12 AM   #6
squall1
"TRF" Member

I was able to try a blue and gray yesterday at the new Taipei Boutique (not in the 101, near the newest Apple store).

The blue is a demo piece that the SA said was not for sale, they've had at it a few days. The gray had just come in yesterday and was for sale, but I guess not for me.

I'm a new customer and we chatted for about 45 minutes. I was really torn between the two colors but after trying them I like the gray a bit better. It was a good chat and I politely asked to buy the piece, but its a no go for now. I hope it won't be long, I did get the impression that they were looking for new customers who were really interested in the brand. Also, I guess the wrist sizes tend to run on the smaller side here because the SA couldn't stop talking about how well it fit me. She said many she sells don't actually look good on the client. She was also very clear that they won't ask anyone to buy another watch, I found her to be genuine.

Some photos...(wrist measures about 7.25 cold and almost 7.5 on a hot day, I'd say here it was somewhere in between)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

When I saw these after the announcement they turned my head in a way the previous models didn't. Trying it on, the attachment got even stronger. It just felt so good on the wrist and I'm wondering why I wasn't paying closer attention. The photos are kind of crap, sorry, but it looks better from a distance.
squall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 02:21 PM   #7
rotiprata
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall1 View Post
I was able to try a blue and gray yesterday at the new Taipei Boutique (not in the 101, near the newest Apple store).

The blue is a demo piece that the SA said was not for sale, they've had at it a few days. The gray had just come in yesterday and was for sale, but I guess not for me.

I'm a new customer and we chatted for about 45 minutes. I was really torn between the two colors but after trying them I like the gray a bit better. It was a good chat and I politely asked to buy the piece, but its a no go for now. I hope it won't be long, I did get the impression that they were looking for new customers who were really interested in the brand. Also, I guess the wrist sizes tend to run on the smaller side here because the SA couldn't stop talking about how well it fit me. She said many she sells don't actually look good on the client. She was also very clear that they won't ask anyone to buy another watch, I found her to be genuine.

Some photos...(wrist measures about 7.25 cold and almost 7.5 on a hot day, I'd say here it was somewhere in between)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

When I saw these after the announcement they turned my head in a way the previous models didn't. Trying it on, the attachment got even stronger. It just felt so good on the wrist and I'm wondering why I wasn't paying closer attention. The photos are kind of crap, sorry, but it looks better from a distance.
Great review! Looks good on your wrist, the size and everything. Hope you will be able to score one soon! Btw this thread is about the 43mm ROO you could post again in the the diver post

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
rotiprata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 02:53 PM   #8
squall1
"TRF" Member

Crap, my bad folks, if a MOD wants to move this over to that thread please do. I'll try to post it over there later if not.
squall1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 05:23 PM   #9
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragsk View Post
Very interested in one of these. A slightly reduced size is perfect for me. Likely I am going to sell my Ceramic 44 which I don't wear much.
But the all ceramic 44s are uniquely awesome imho. Do you not wear your 44mm because it is a bit [awkwardly] big on your wrist, or such a big watch doesn’t fit into your daily lifestyle?
I have a titanium/ceramic model which I figure will be distinct in my collection compared to any new 43mm ROO.
Thanks.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 05:50 AM   #10
mspeed76
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, RM
are we sure its curved? looks flat to me
mspeed76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 06:08 AM   #11
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeed76 View Post
are we sure its curved? looks flat to me
Several reviews mention "sapphire crystal curved from 6 to 12 o’clock seamlessly fits the curvature of the bezel " or similar descriptions. Didn't see a profile picture to confirm.
VogelPhoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 07:44 AM   #12
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
As the case/bezel/crystal is curved I think it’ll wear smaller than it’s size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really hope so, I really want one haha
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote