The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 22 April 2021, 02:31 PM   #1
mtbkr31
"TRF" Member

Watch Servicing

I went to my AD to have my BLRO sent out to be serviced. What I found odd was when I requested the watch be sent to the Dallas RSC for servicing she said that it would be sent off to Pennsylvania for servicing. I said I didn’t know Rolex has a service center out there. She told me that it’s a Rolex Service Center and that the watch will come back with a 2 year warranty from Rolex. The Rolex authorized dealer is called Mayors. They are one of the larger ADs here in Florida.

In the back of my mind it’s probably their service center using genuine Rolex parts. Probably one of the few service/repair facilities still authorized by Rolex.

Question is has anyone used Mayors to service their watch and is my assumption correct regarding it’s their service center under the “umbrella” of Rolex? Thanks.
mtbkr31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 05:49 PM   #2
Master_Grogu
Banned

Why do you go through the middle man? Reach to RSC directly and await their shipping instructions.
Master_Grogu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 06:21 PM   #3
Das
"TRF" Member

I have never used an AD to send my watches. I always send directly to the RSC.

Wasn't there a thread recently about an RSC in Pennsylvania and someone got a tour?
Das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2021, 07:15 PM   #4
RayRay89
"TRF" Member

It’s in Lititz. It’s a small RSC.
RayRay89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 05:02 AM   #5
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkr31 View Post
. . .

In the back of my mind it’s probably their service center using genuine Rolex parts. Probably one of the few service/repair facilities still authorized by Rolex.

Question is has anyone used Mayors to service their watch and is my assumption correct regarding it’s their service center under the “umbrella” of Rolex? Thanks.
No.

The Rolex Service Center in Lititz, PA is co-located with the Rolex Technicum, their Rolex watchmaker school.

Even if you sent it to Dallas, it may still be moved over to Lititz for the service.
Old 23 April 2021, 05:51 AM   #6
SDREW22
"TRF" Member

Watch: TOG
I believe they use Lititz as an overflow location.
SDREW22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 09:04 AM   #7
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

In other words, some beginner Rolex technician will be practicing on your watch. And have to agree, what’s up with the AD using to send your watch. Do you like more people to handle it including added time for servicing?
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 12:17 PM   #8
Gab27
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
I've been told by two ADs that it is always possible that if you send to a specific RSC that it may get moved elsewhere for the actual service to be performed and that a variety of factors impact whether or not this happens. One AD told me that your physical location you live has an impact on this and if you ship to one RSC it may get sent to another RSC closer to your house for the actual service--I have no idea if that is accurate or not, but he sure knew a ton about Rolex overall, so I have no reason to doubt him.

It sounds like the vast majority of RSC experiences are extremely positive, but for an overhaul outside of warranty (and absolutely for polishing), I am probably sending mine to a competent watchmaker partly because my watch was refinished by LAWW and so I've seen the quality of their work first-hand (I assume Rolliworks is in the same boat based on what I've read.)
Gab27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2021, 02:04 PM   #9
skipstar
"TRF" Member

Watch: My first, Sub Date
I had my watch serviced in this facility and it came back as good as new.
skipstar is offline   Reply With Quote