The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 16 January 2013, 10:08 AM   #1
RALAUstin
"TRF" Member

FS Jaeger-LeCoultre Tribute to Polaris 68

I have for sale or trade my Jaeger-LeCoultre Tribute to Polaris 68 with boxes, papers, extra unused crystal, OEM strap with curved spring bars and OEM deployant buckle (upgrade vs. the small JLC tang buckle). The Polaris is in 93-94% with no outwardly visible marks on the polished case except for some minor lines around the lugs from strap changes. The OEM strap has some slight tears at the lug holes and end from strap changes (see pics), but they are largely invisible when the watch is on the wrist. I used polywatch on the crystal recently to clean up one pin prick mark but later realized I only got about 85% of it so there remains a small pin prick mark just left of center that I believe can be buffed out fairly easily with a couple more minutes of work with the Polywatch (which I can try to do before sending out if desired). The pin prick is visible in the first pic and one of the package pics.

Pics from last night (January 14th) show the watch on a Bremont strap, the deployment on a JLC croc strap and the OEM strap with an aftermarket tang buckle and straight spring bars, and also show a small piece of clear adhesive on the case back that I put there to protect the case back when I wore the watch on a Nato strap. The Bremont and JLC croc straps are not included at the asking price but are available to the buyer for an additional $165 and $15, respectively. I will switch out the aftermarket tang buckle and the straight pins for the deployant and curved spring bars and I will remove the adhesive before shipping. Other straps in pics are older and not included.

I have not timed it, and am not aware of any service history (my understanding is that it was old stock and then largely a safe queen before I got it last summer from a trusted forum member and I wore it mainly on weekends for a couple hours at a time as part of a large rotation of watches). It seems to run fine once it gets a charge and I have never had any issues with it at all. I only used the alarm once to test it out and it sounded great, but just no real use for it. The Polaris 68 was limited to 767 watches, is long sold out and they do not come up for sale very often. I absolutely love this watch, but just got a Tribute to Deep Sea American dial and have another potential purchase lined up so something needs to give, and I think it is time this finds another home. No trades.

I am asking $13,995 via wire or Bank of America transfer shipped Fed Ex Overnight in CONUS only.

I have bought, sold and traded a number of watches on the forums and can provide references as needed.

Best way to reach me is via email at ralaustin (at) gmail.com.

Thanks,
Rob
RALAustin

RALAUstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2013, 01:10 AM   #2
RALAUstin
"TRF" Member

Bump with reduction to $13,750 via wire or Bank of American transfer.

I prefer a cash deal, but will consider CONUS trade options with cash to me (mainly interested in AP Diver, AP 15300 or 15400, Rolex Daytona 116520 white dial or 42mm Rolex Explorer II white dial, but will give some consideration to other high end diver or sport watch trade offers).
Old 27 January 2013, 02:34 AM   #3
RALAUstin
"TRF" Member

Bump with new pics taken January 26th and price reduction to $13,600. I used Polywatch again and have nearly removed the pin prick mark in the crystal. It is still visible, but you now have to look for it.

Old 29 January 2013, 03:47 AM   #4
RALAUstin
"TRF" Member

FSOT Jaeger-LeCoultre Tribute to Polaris 68 (All New Pics and Description 1/27/2013)

Bump with all new pics taken Sunday, January 27th. The one pin prick mark on the case has now been removed with Polywatch.