The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 13 October 2020, 04:37 PM   #1
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

On the E Boutique/Limited Edition topic...

So I’ve purchased and then flipped (unplanned) the 1055 last year. As you know it is the green dial 42mm Sub.
I’ve been looking at a retirement gift to myself and like the 1209. However, it’s been for sale for a bit and still hasn’t sold out (500 pieces).
I guess my point to the community is how “limited” are these watches in reality?

At approximate similar price points, I have choices and all things being equal, I like a few different watches/brands and am curious what you all think...
I’ve ordered a gold Daytona, so I’m not afraid to spurge, but I’d like to do so wisely. Meaning, if say one thinks the new Snoopy (while not limited) is more well thought of, or others I cant think of right now, and I like them all equally, what’s better for the long haul?
ROLEX Sea-Dweller Mk1 (126600)
ROLEX DeepSea D-Blue (136660)
OMEGA Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award” (310.32.42.50.02.001)
OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M 75th Anniversary (210.30.42.20.03.003)
IWC Chronograph Top Gun Edition “Woodland” (IW389106)
Saoirse32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 03:10 PM   #2
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

Any opinions on this?
Certainly am not/was not trying to make this a goofy “investment” thread, just curious on thoughts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 October 2020, 07:04 PM   #3
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

500 watches could either be extremely limited or overproduced....it depends on demand.

If the market wants it, those 500 will instantly sell out. If it doesn’t want it, they will go unsold, sowing seeds of doubt as to whether it’s really a “desirable” watch and will the resale be strong..etc. This is the screwy psychie of the current buyer. If it had sold out and sells on the secondary market for more than retail....FOMO strikes and it’s a must buy! If it sits around and is easily available , it’s a dog. Just buy it cheaper preowned or pass altogether.

In this case, if you are looking for a watch to hold value and be super desirable from a market recognition standpoint, this is not the watch for you. Nothing wrong with the reference, just isn’t something that the market really cares that much for..
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2020, 07:42 PM   #4
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
500 watches could either be extremely limited or overproduced....it depends on demand.

If the market wants it, those 500 will instantly sell out. If it doesn’t want it, they will go unsold, sowing seeds of doubt as to whether it’s really a “desirable” watch and will the resale be strong..etc. This is the screwy psychie of the current buyer. If it had sold out and sells on the secondary market for more than retail....FOMO strikes and it’s a must buy! If it sits around and is easily available , it’s a dog. Just buy it cheaper preowned or pass altogether.

In this case, if you are looking for a watch to hold value and be super desirable from a market recognition standpoint, this is not the watch for you. Nothing wrong with the reference, just isn’t something that the market really cares that much for..

Thank you for your reply...
You always seem to have realistic views on these types of topics. I agree, seems to be not that “limited” if still not sold out LOL.
Much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 16 October 2020, 11:59 PM   #5
ScottishRolex
2024 Pledge Member

Judging by the fact that it's still tells me its not that "limited" to the market.
I've seen similar situations where watches are still available Panerai e-boutique and for sale for thousands more on C24.
ScottishRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2020, 12:13 AM   #6
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cde1218 View Post
I've seen similar situations where watches are still available Panerai e-boutique and for sale for thousands more on C24.
It's that way on Chrono24 with Panerai table clocks. $3k directly from the e-store, or much more on C24. i always look at a timepiece, LE or not, as "is this something i really want and would wear". If the answer is yes, then get it Saoirse32.

So get it IF you really want it and are going to wear it.

Fell in love INSTANTLY with the 1118 and called Bob at the Panerai boutique in Naples FL. Reserved the only one they are getting. Go ahead and try to get one now, it ain't gonna happen my friend.

So again, if you like it get it. Once they're gone and then you then realize you shoulda / coulda / woulda.... it'll be too late. Look fwd to your wrist pics Saoirse32
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote