The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 21 June 2019, 06:17 PM   #1
Amg7861
"TRF" Member

Watch: YM Rhodium Dial 37
Radiomir Pam 098 GMT Alarm advice

Hi all,
A local jewellers has the Radiomir 098, GMt alarm with the modified GP/Adolph Schild movement for around £4,000/ $5,000 with no box/papers. The jeweller has no idea of manufactured date or service history.
I’ve handled it and and the case is in good condition with the alarm functioning well.
What are people’s experience with this particular reference? Are there any known issues? Has anyone had it serviced, if so what are the likely costs?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Al

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amg7861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2019, 07:57 PM   #2
badass09
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX 116613LBD
Thats really cheap.. i had 1 offered to me in the past but i declined. Cos i hated the buzzing of the alarm..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
badass09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2019, 08:59 PM   #3
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I like it but would not purchase as I do not need the alarm and believe that it will be an issue when it gets serviced. No box and papers and no service history equal a trip back to the spa and what I would believe would be a costly service and a time consuming one. If you really want the watch figure out what the service costs, call Panerai's Service Center, and subtract that from the price of the watch. If the AD will come down that much or even half then get it. Good luck.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2019, 09:24 PM   #4
synequano
Banned

E is from 2002

If you think it’ll be a keeper,go for it,last time I saw one asking for around 6-6.5k usd for complete set

The thing is,it’s too busy for a Panerai and the alarm simply buzzing like an annoying bee as opposed to schoolbell ring like JLC NSA
synequano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2019, 05:57 AM   #5
Amg7861
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I like it but would not purchase as I do not need the alarm and believe that it will be an issue when it gets serviced. No box and papers and no service history equal a trip back to the spa and what I would believe would be a costly service and a time consuming one. If you really want the watch figure out what the service costs, call Panerai's Service Center, and subtract that from the price of the watch. If the AD will come down that much or even half then get it. Good luck.

Hi,
Yr opinions on the servicing is what’s stopping me from pulling the trigger. I have a Zenith Chronomaster from 2001, which has a few complications and that’s pricey to service too. I like that alarm function, but as you’ve said, it will likely be expensive to service in the future. Like you’ve suggested, I think I’ll ask Panerai how much a service is and try to get that subtracted from the jeweler.
Cheers

Old 22 June 2019, 05:58 AM   #6
Amg7861
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by synequano View Post
E is from 2002

If you think it’ll be a keeper,go for it,last time I saw one asking for around 6-6.5k usd for complete set

The thing is,it’s too busy for a Panerai and the alarm simply buzzing like an annoying bee as opposed to schoolbell ring like JLC NSA

You’re right, I think if the price is reduced and without full set it could only be a keeper.

Old 11 July 2019, 12:29 AM   #7
shafran
"TRF" Member

I have one

Great watch, wears well. I am a complication person and have sold most of my time only watches. 6 out of my 8 have complications, so its not too busy. My watches range from 39.5mm-42mm, so size is perfect.
shafran is offline   Reply With Quote