The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 8 March 2021, 08:03 AM   #1
rockdrock
"TRF" Member

2021 Geneva Watches and Wonders starts April 7

Curious what will come out from Patek, Rolex, Lange and those not on this platform like AP, FP Journe and others. Anyone have any special wishes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rockdrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2021, 01:21 PM   #2
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Yes, I wish for product availability.

Rolex quits making timepieces as it distracts them from their key operations, concentrates efforts on their continued support for human endeavors.

FPJ announces a combination alarm/repeater timepiece.

ALS does their usual goodness.

Patek releases a new Naut model, with subtle case tweaks and revolutionary slightly off-white lume made from the tears of unicorns. It'll have an outdated movement of course and an awkward pure white date window.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2021, 02:39 PM   #3
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

I just want less games, and more return to normal collecting.

Sadly, that's never going to happen.

GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2021, 05:46 PM   #4
LDesp
"TRF" Member

I'm curious to see if there will be anything new from the Calatrava range, since I still have an unresolved dress watch dilemma .
LDesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2021, 05:53 PM   #5
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDesp View Post
I'm curious to see if there will be anything new from the Calatrava range, since I still have an unresolved dress watch dilemma .
ive had that dilemna for years. i think i may go with a cheaper option every time i have enough money for a watch i want it on a bracelet!
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2021, 06:13 PM   #6
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

I want more Lumen Langes.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2021, 06:13 PM   #7
kieselguhr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1601
I am excited to see what Tudor launches this year! Definitely looking forward to it. Hopefully not another Black Bay.

My wish is for Tudor to migrate the MT5402 onto a Tudor Pelagos and make it about 12mm deep and keep it around 41mm diameter.

Or maybe in house chronograph movement for the Tudor Heritage Chrono.

Other non Rolex I look forward to is H Moser and JLC
kieselguhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2021, 06:15 PM   #8
Golden Ellipse
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post

ALS does their usual goodness.
So true.

We spend an inordinate measure of time around here obsessing about products that are more oriented toward statements of exclusivity than the actual beauty of watchmaking.

ALS, time and again, stick to the script of horological innovation, craftsmanship, perfection, and understated charm.

You’re not likely to see too many ALS on the wrist of the hottest singer, sports player or Instabrat.

And that’s how I likes it. Now get off my lawn!! :)

/old man rant off
Golden Ellipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2021, 07:47 PM   #9
Yukinoes
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711
Looking forwards to the new novelties from Vacheron! Would love to get my hands on the rumored titanium Overseas Dual Time.
Yukinoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2021, 08:12 PM   #10
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Simple white gold double pusher chronograph by Patek in a case similar to the one used for the 5227, white dial without lume, stick indices, central chronograph seconds hand but no sub-dial seconds hand, 30 minute sub-dial chronograph minute counter.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2021, 09:28 AM   #11
ansharma
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange 1 Moonphase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Ellipse View Post
So true.

We spend an inordinate measure of time around here obsessing about products that are more oriented toward statements of exclusivity than the actual beauty of watchmaking.

ALS, time and again, stick to the script of horological innovation, craftsmanship, perfection, and understated charm.

You’re not likely to see too many ALS on the wrist of the hottest singer, sports player or Instabrat.

And that’s how I likes it. Now get off my lawn!! :)

/old man rant off
Completely agree with this as Lange 1 Moonphase owner. I do feel that ALS time in the limelight is due very soon based on general increasing interest in the brand and it seems to be picking up on social media.

Not sure if this is a good thing for collectors as part of the appeal of owning a Lange is the lack of attention it generates.
ansharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2021, 10:19 AM   #12
justcruisin
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansharma View Post
Completely agree with this as Lange 1 Moonphase owner. I do feel that ALS time in the limelight is due very soon based on general increasing interest in the brand and it seems to be picking up on social media.

Not sure if this is a good thing for collectors as part of the appeal of owning a Lange is the lack of attention it generates.
Also a Lange 1 MP......I'm afraid of April 7th and what Lange might make me obsess over next.
justcruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2021, 10:19 AM   #13
MILGAUSS88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Ellipse View Post
Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time, before that happens.
MILGAUSS88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2021, 12:26 AM   #14
paxsinica
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Agreed, especially with a certain TimepieceBox promoting Lange like they did with Moser and FPJ....
paxsinica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2021, 03:21 AM   #15
Swaye
"TRF" Member

Watch: What I am wearing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxsinica View Post
Agreed, especially with a certain TimepieceBox promoting Lange like they did with Moser and FPJ....
I must say I have been noticing the not so invisible hand tipping the ALS scales lately as well. The Moser play is now clearly in focus now too. And of course the FPJ stuff is well documented. The good news is I believe ALS, FPJ and Moser are all deserving and quality watchmakers, so it isn't like they are hyping garbage, but the hype machine is going nonetheless.
Swaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2021, 03:52 AM   #16
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaye View Post
I must say I have been noticing the not so invisible hand tipping the ALS scales lately as well. The Moser play is now clearly in focus now too. And of course the FPJ stuff is well documented. The good news is I believe ALS, FPJ and Moser are all deserving and quality watchmakers, so it isn't like they are hyping garbage, but the hype machine is going nonetheless.
Great points, as there are many brands that deserve far more recognition than they get from mainstream timepiece media imho. Other brands are soooo Ho'dinked out (such as PP) and overly-hyped up yet have nothing really new or horologically significant it makes me wonder.....
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2021, 04:58 AM   #17
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

I already saw what my favorite watchmakers are releasing. Hint: jacquemart. Now I just have to sell a house or two to fund it lol. In general I am hoping that, from all brands, for some unique horological pieces that watch enthusiasts appreciate and have the opportunity to actually buy.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2021, 05:11 AM   #18
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
tudor is the only brand i am interested in. rest are a waste of time for me.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2021, 09:04 AM   #19
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What about Michael Jordan's Datograph?
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote