The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 February 2024, 12:49 PM   #31
Ramathorn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorGMT View Post
Your response, as a three month 36 post member, made no sense.

You basically said "I'm like Bas, you DO NOT question my unsourced rumors".

If someone with 1/3rd your experience (that would be, let's see, one month, 12 posts) said "Submariner Dates are getting a Day function", would you not ask "What is your source?"

Or would you say "Well, no one would question Bas, I just need to accept this as fact".
Certain information cannot be disclosed for obvious reasons. A person that possesses a reasonable level of intelligence would be able to interpret that from my previous reply. Some of the most important and ground breaking threads were started by members only a few months old. Look at the CPO announcement thread from Oct 2022, that was a member that was only weeks old. Age of account or post count have little correlation here, as touched upon elsewhere in this thread.

What have you contributed to the greater good of the forum and fellow members besides starting a thread about begging your AD for a watch?
Ramathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2024, 03:00 PM   #32
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramathorn View Post
Certain information cannot be disclosed for obvious reasons. A person that possesses a reasonable level of intelligence would be able to interpret that from my previous reply. Some of the most important and ground breaking threads were started by members only a few months old. Look at the CPO announcement thread from Oct 2022, that was a member that was only weeks old. Age of account or post count have little correlation here, as touched upon elsewhere in this thread.

What have you contributed to the greater good of the forum and fellow members besides starting a thread about begging your AD for a watch?

Why do you feel a need to insult other members? This forum is a nice place to discuss Rolex watches. There is no need to brag about your supposed knowledge, or belittle others. It’s just not cool.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2024, 04:37 PM   #33
WatchGuy1966
"TRF" Member

There was someone who posted here a few weeks ago about dropping off (I think) at Dallas RSC and was quickly surrounded by security, managers, etc. He did or said something that was left out of his post - they felt threatened. Thanks TRF'r
WatchGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2024, 04:59 PM   #34
KatGirl

PSA: Rolex USA Service Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchGuy1966 View Post
There was someone who posted here a few weeks ago about dropping off (I think) at Dallas RSC and was quickly surrounded by security, managers, etc. He did or said something that was left out of his post - they felt threatened. Thanks TRF'r

Not Dallas, and not even on the same continent.

Kat

Old 15 February 2024, 07:08 PM   #35
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
That’s correct, they are pushing for certified watchmakers to be on site at new AD build outs. There will still be a RSC in the new building.
It seems things are sort of going full circle.
Watchmakers were a common presence in dealers back in the good old days.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2024, 07:52 PM   #36
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Same reason you don’t ask Bas who his source is.
"Welcome to the Pleasure Dome".
I immediately understood, just for clarification: are you also a certified watchmaker working at a RSC?
If so, I would truly appreciate if you join the long 32xx thread with some data and insider information.
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2024, 08:05 PM   #37
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I think (well... OK, I know) the whole point is that it was a bit presumptuous for you to think you had established the same level of credibility as a much more established member. The fact that sometimes a new member is right about some scoop doesn't mean every new member is automatically assumed to be right.
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2024, 09:04 PM   #38
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Thanks for the info. The Beverly Hills RSC was a go-to for many although I never had any experience with them.
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 01:26 AM   #39
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb View Post
Thanks for the info. The Beverly Hills RSC was a go-to for many although I never had any experience with them.

It’s hard to believe this rumor, as CA has more than 10% of the country’s population. Makes no sense. Also the fact that the rumor originated on Reddit, makes it seem less than credible. I’ll believe it, when someone from Rolex announces it.

Kat

Old 16 February 2024, 01:36 AM   #40
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Why do you feel a need to insult other members? This forum is a nice place to discuss Rolex watches. There is no need to brag about your supposed knowledge, or belittle others. It’s just not cool.

Kat
My thoughts exactly
Old 16 February 2024, 01:46 AM   #41
Speedsleev
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swexlin View Post
It is a shame. I live in Chester Co, PA, about an hour drive from that facility. I hope they employees there were offered a relocation package to Texas if they choose to accept it.

Lititz is a great town - home of Wilbur Chocolates. (One of the Wilbers was my 5th grade teacher back in the 70s). If you've ever had Wilbur Buds, you'll never go back to Hersey Kisses. But, they are hard to find.
I live in Lititz Pa a few minutes from the center and see it multiple times per week. A friend of mine just started working there, I’ll try and get the scoop.
Speedsleev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 01:47 AM   #42
Ramathorn
Banned

Quote:
It’s hard to believe this rumor, as CA has more than 10% of the country’s population. Makes no sense. Also the fact that the rumor originated on Reddit, makes it seem less than credible. I’ll believe it, when someone from Rolex announces it.

Kat

Call BH RSC today and report back. All your doubts will be resolved. Call directly, don’t ask your AD because they don't get updates timely.

Population had no factor in the close. More along the lines of limited service offerings and similar reasons of other businesses leaving CA for elsewhere. Don’t want to get into the specifics to avoid the thread from being locked.

I brought the news here to help other potential owners who may have timepieces in for service. I don’t have a reason to appease you.

A lot more info could be shared on here but it seems many don’t welcome news, that’s ok, I don’t have to share in the future.
Old 16 February 2024, 01:51 AM   #43
Ramathorn
Banned

Old 16 February 2024, 04:23 AM   #44
RyanJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Kat

No idea if it is true but I could kind of see it. I can totally see Rolex wanting to, eventually, remove itself from having services centers at all. Just have the ADs double as authorized service centers.

I bet if they had enough of these AD service centers, customers would like that even more. I really liked being able to take my watches for service to the same AD where I purchased them. Nothing had to be shipped all over and I got to give my AD even more direct business.

Another added benefit is you know who worked on your watch. No arguing over whether Rolex did it or your AD did it...
RyanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 04:35 AM   #45
gamingdoctor
"TRF" Member

What impact will this have on us peons just wearing the watches?
gamingdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 04:37 AM   #46
Stew7
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega, Rolex
Quote:
Call BH RSC today and report back. All your doubts will be resolved. Call directly, don’t ask your AD because they don't get updates timely.

Population had no factor in the close. More along the lines of limited service offerings and similar reasons of other businesses leaving CA for elsewhere. Don’t want to get into the specifics to avoid the thread from being locked.

I brought the news here to help other potential owners who may have timepieces in for service. I don’t have a reason to appease you.

A lot more info could be shared on here but it seems many don’t welcome news, that’s ok, I don’t have to share in the future.
Don't be offended. Any insider information is generally appreciated by the community here but also often met with skepticism because of the enormous amount of misinformation floating around. Look no further than the "My AD said...." threads that are full of bad info.

Thanks for the heads up and insider contribution. I've had 2 watches serviced at my local AD with an on-site watchmaker and both were good experiences with a reasonable turnaround time and excellent communication. I could see why this might be preferred path forward from the brand.
Stew7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 05:05 AM   #47
KatGirl

Quote:
Call BH RSC today and report back. All your doubts will be resolved.
Why would you want me to report back, when ”the majority of my posts are inaccurate and lack substance.”? Not a logical request, so I’ll pass. Besides, Rolex will let us know, in their time, and deal with potential customers, accordingly. It’s not a big deal. Things change. It’s just business, as usual.

Kat

Old 16 February 2024, 07:23 AM   #48
Order 72
Banned

No dog in the fight but thought I’d take the time to call Beverly Hills

The information is 100% true

March 29 is their last day, drop off has stopped already

No more drop off at Dallas but still open

ADs can ship your watch

Told ADs will also be providing service

Tried posting earlier but it never appeared
Order 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 10:44 AM   #49
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:

Oh no, please continue to share. We need something to talk about besides “I got the call,” “Is it safe” and the 32XX movement.
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 10:54 AM   #50
RichM

Watch: out now,take care!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 72 View Post

ADs can ship your watch

Nice going! Welcome to the RF
TRF #139960
RichM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 11:01 AM   #51
Order 72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichM View Post
Nice going! Welcome to the RF
Order 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 11:05 AM   #52
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 72 View Post

ADs can ship your watch

Thanks for verifying that they are, indeed closing. That was very helpful. Thankfully, my oldest Rolex is only 8 months old, and none of them show signs of slowing down, or losing amplitude, so I hope to not need service, for a long time. I wonder if Rolex will make it mandatory for all ADs to have certified watchmakers, trained by Rolex, on site, in order to maintain AD status. Also, welcome to the forum.

Kat

Old 16 February 2024, 11:16 AM   #53
Watchman001
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for verifying that they are, indeed closing. That was very helpful. Thankfully, my oldest Rolex is only 8 months old, and none of them show signs of slowing down, or losing amplitude, so I hope to not need service, for a long time. I wonder if Rolex will make it mandatory for all ADs to have certified watchmakers, trained by Rolex, on site, in order to maintain AD status. Also, welcome to the forum.

Kat

So, guy with 10 posts info is ok and a hearty thank you, but OP info was not good enough to trust at face value.
Watchman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 11:50 AM   #54
soxfan39
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5168G
Sounds like a combination of consolidation to a lower cost area (BH to Dallas) and off loading some of the work to individual AD's. Smart move. I had visited the BH location a couple times and it was convenient next to Rodeo where most of the luxury watch brands reside.
soxfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 11:53 AM   #55
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman001 View Post
So, guy with 10 posts info is ok and a hearty thank you, but OP info was not good enough to trust at face value.

No, that’s not correct, and it’s never a bad idea to be nice.

Kat

Old 16 February 2024, 01:54 PM   #56
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

I believe the OP as his post seemed to make sense. I also believe the guy who called. What we should stop right here are the little digs. We all love rolex or we would not be enjoying this forum together. No need to have anything other than fun here.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 02:10 PM   #57
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch300 View Post
I believe the OP as his post seemed to make sense. I also believe the guy who called. What we should stop right here are the little digs. We all love rolex or we would not be enjoying this forum together. No need to have anything other than fun here.

Absolutely, I agree with you. Well said!

Kat

Old 16 February 2024, 02:15 PM   #58
Joearch

Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
I have used the BH RSC multiple times in the last 10 years. They have been a solid resource. Will be missed. Gearys which has 3 local boutiques is putting certified watchmakers into the stores. SM location did an excellent job on my GMT II.
Joearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 02:52 PM   #59
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
A few major changes are under way for service in the USA.

1) Lititz training/service center will be closed next year.

2) Beverly Hills RSC will close its doors permanently at the end of 1Q24.

3) Dallas RSC will no longer accept in person drop offs/collections after 1Q24.

4) Dallas RSC will replace the Lititz as the new watchmaking school.

https://www.rolexwatchmakingtrainingcenter.com/

Sad to see Beverly Hills RSC close, was there about 1 year ago to drop my 116264 for service and was impressed by both the facility and the attention / service to clients

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote