The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 4 March 2018, 10:15 AM   #1
J. W. Hall
"TRF" Member

Like New Air-King After Service

A few days ago I went to pick up my 1981 Air-King ref. 5500 from our local watchmaker, Leo Ruffinengo at Official Time Watch: http://www.officialtimewatch.com/. Leo is a brilliant technician who clearly loves watches and loves his craft and he does a magnificent job. I enthusiastically recommend him for service.

I had the watch in for a service. I recently acquired the watch and it wasn’t keeping time well. Leo diagnosed a broken balance staff and replaced it during the service. Now with a new balance staff, new mainspring, new gaskets (and new crystal) and cleaned and lubed, the watch runs like new.

Leo was very pleased with the amplitude he measured: between 251, 265, 277, 282 and pretty low beat errors, too.

Leo said he was particularly happy with that amplitude for a calibre 1520, which is not a certified chronometer movement, of course.

As I’ve been wearing it over the previous 72 hours, it is staying within seconds accuracy.

I have always loved the minimalist beauty of these Air-Kings, and I’m thrilled Leo got mine running so well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J. W. Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2018, 11:33 AM   #2
CantStop
"TRF" Member

Looks fantastic. Great work. I love the simplicity of the ak as well. I had work done as well and still need to find a way to get lume in hour markers fixed. They are peeling. Next service and go around I'll have then replace the crystal. They polished it but under direct sunlight you can see fine scratch shadows on the dial.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
CantStop is offline   Reply With Quote