The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 25 April 2017, 05:08 AM   #31
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jban5 View Post
I recall that when the auction was happening there was a good following here and on other forum.

I wonder how many "hopeful" bidders there were with their finger on the button during those last couple of minutes who found out the hard way about that upper bidding limit on ebay. What a shock it must have been to someone with a $125K bid all set up in the last seconds only to have that screen appear. For some strange reason that I can't explain it never happened to me.

You think the new seller might leak the asking price to the rolexforums?
What does this mean again? No one could bid higher than 99,999?
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2017, 05:12 AM   #32
jdmi32
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570
That is one fantastic specimen. The chances of another one in this condition coming up are next to nil, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if HQ gets something close to the asking price.

Then it will likely be tucked away in a safe deposit vault for a number of years until it comes up for sale again.
jdmi32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2017, 06:14 AM   #33
michaelodonnell123
Banned

Watch: Panerai 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekbum View Post
A manual wind Tudor divers watch does nothing for me. I know it will fit into subodys vertical and horizontal collection. I can think of a 100 watches I'd rather wear though.
It should do something for you, it's an important piece of Rolex history and horology overall.
michaelodonnell123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2017, 06:53 AM   #34
greekbum
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123 View Post
It should do something for you, it's an important piece of Rolex history and horology overall.
I personally wouldn't wear it and don't like it. It's my personal opinion. Trust me when I say Ive had some of the rarest most coveted Tudors made and I sold them. They just didn't do it for me. Growing up Tudor was the poor Måns Rolex were I lived. If you couldn't afford a Rolex you bought Tudor they said. I don't see any milestones that watch broke? History? Important? Other than online sales a Tudor is one of the hardest watches to sell. This is rare and mint and I'm sure it will go in somebody's. collection

Original Owner ROLEX 16750 GMT Daily Wearer For Over 13,000 Days And Counting
greekbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2017, 08:54 AM   #35
Qtip.416
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675/1016/5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahlberg View Post
What does this mean again? No one could bid higher than 99,999?
Yes, apparently when a bid goes over $100K, ebay requires pre-authorized permission to bid greater than this amount. You need to show them you have fund ready to go. It is believed many bidders did not know this and tried bidding in the final moments only to be rejected. HQ Milton wins as they were the first to max out at $99,999.
Old 25 April 2017, 10:50 AM   #36
statsman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I personally wouldn't wear it and don't like it. It's my personal opinion. Trust me when I say Ive had some of the rarest most coveted Tudors made and I sold them. They just didn't do it for me. Growing up Tudor was the poor Måns Rolex were I lived. If you couldn't afford a Rolex you bought Tudor they said. I don't see any milestones that watch broke? History? Important? Other than online sales a Tudor is one of the hardest watches to sell. This is rare and mint and I'm sure it will go in somebody's. collection
I'm with you. To me, it's like a Miro painting. I get that it's a masterpiece; but if I had a few million, that's not what I'd spend it on. Good for those who would, though.
statsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2017, 07:45 PM   #37
harry in montreal
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Habs pick 1st!
In fine art, $350k is nothing.

It's hard to even fathom how rich some people are.

Jacek was a great seller to me and I only wish him well. I hope he does well with this Tudor. Good for him to have the balls to take this risk.
harry in montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2017, 08:07 AM   #38
motoikkyu
2024 Pledge Member

It's a very cool watch. If my budget for cool watches was over $250K, I think I'd probably choose a Patek with multiple complications. This is kind of a niche item.
Old 26 April 2017, 09:19 AM   #39
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
Quote:
A manual wind Tudor divers watch does nothing for me. I know it will fit into subodys vertical and horizontal collection. I can think of a 100 watches I'd rather wear though.

Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2017, 10:21 AM   #40
Jfullm42
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 16600
So do we know for certain that Jacek won the bidding on eBay, or did he pick it up from the person who won it on eBay?
Old 26 April 2017, 10:31 AM   #41
cajunron
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega Seamaster PO
Quote: