The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 14 November 2018, 11:55 AM   #31
airchitect
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few.....
A gym, and your health, should always take priority over a theater/tv etc
airchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2018, 12:42 PM   #32
handsfull
"TRF" Member

Watch: youlookinat?
BOTH.

I plan on making my next workout room complete with a big OLED screen and surround sound.
handsfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2018, 01:17 PM   #33
Jonnyj
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster 2
Home gym all the way !
Jonnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2018, 04:22 PM   #34
Burlington
"TRF" Member

If you don’t have a gym nearby then that would be the priority. Once I’ve figured out where to put it, a heavy bag is my next purchase for home.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 07:35 AM   #35
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
My home gym.

I’m in a townhouse and it’s the entire “basement”. Having no kids has its benefits.

We are moving in a few weeks tho and while I’ll keep all machinery, and add a heavy bag, it’ll be in an unfinished basement. Which is just fine by me.

As Abdullah says, so easy this way. I don’t wait for machines. It’s more than enough for plenty of variety and I don’t have to deal with the drive, parking and all sorts of douche bags in the gym.

I’ll likely get a bigger TV next time around tho. In any case, each piece here gets a lot of use. No hangers here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6CA1C134-9F6B-45DC-827D-DE620245B859.jpeg (110.6 KB, 118 views)

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 08:10 AM   #36
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
My home gym.

I’m in a townhouse and it’s the entire “basement”. Having no kids has its benefits.

We are moving in a few weeks tho and while I’ll keep all machinery, and add a heavy bag, it’ll be in an unfinished basement. Which is just fine by me.

As Abdullah says, so easy this way. I don’t wait for machines. It’s more than enough for plenty of variety and I don’t have to deal with the drive, parking and all sorts of douche bags in the gym.

I’ll likely get a bigger TV next time around tho. In any case, each piece here gets a lot of use. No hangers here.
That is such a cool setup! If it were me I'd keep the small tv put it on an opposite wall add a big TV and some sick speakers, like maybe a JBL Professional PA Setup. A couple of dual 15" mains with 2 18" subs.

The unfinished basement may have it's perks, to be able to build out as you see fit. Looks like you have marble flooring in your current gym, man I'd worry about dropping a weight.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 08:30 AM   #37
Brew
"TRF" Member

Wow, that's a fantastic home gym!
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 08:32 AM   #38
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
My home gym.

Looks great. What size space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 08:52 AM   #39
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
That is such a cool setup! If it were me I'd keep the small tv put it on an opposite wall add a big TV and some sick speakers, like maybe a JBL Professional PA Setup. A couple of dual 15" mains with 2 18" subs.

The unfinished basement may have it's perks, to be able to build out as you see fit. Looks like you have marble flooring in your current gym, man I'd worry about dropping a weight.
You hit the nail on the head.

Over time I’ll build out the new gym as I like it. And right now, I’m terrified about dropping something. It was done like this when we moved in. Four years later I’m still super gentle. The new space will have a rubber floor.

Old 15 November 2018, 08:52 AM   #40
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew View Post
Wow, that's a fantastic home gym!
Thanks. Love it. I’m in it just about everyday.

Old 15 November 2018, 08:53 AM   #41
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post

I’ll measure it tonight and advise.

Old 15 November 2018, 11:17 AM   #42
SPMN
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor, Omega
I had the same choice and chose a gym. I bought a Concept 2 rower 6 or 7 years ago and kept a gym membership to lift weights. About six months ago I canceled the membership, purchased a squat rack, weights, bar, bench, etc and have been happy as a clam since. I have everything I need in the basement, accessible on my schedule, with no waits or monthly fees.

I’m in Minnesota. I can be really hard to work up the motivation to drive to the gym in the winter when it’s 5F outside with a few feet of snow n the ground. That isn’t a problem anymore.

And while it isn’t an investment, it’s a smarter choice monetarily than buying a gym membership. I could sell my rower today for more than I purchased it for. A good squat rack and weights aren’t THAT expensive, and similarly retain value well. I was spending over $1k annually on a gym membership. It’s nice to cut that bill.
SPMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 11:29 AM   #43
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Different for everyone...I love home theater/HiFi and a workout fanatic..... Would never have a gym at home because I'd never use it....I have to get off my @$$ to go. I'd go for the theater room.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 02:37 PM   #44
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

I have both and use both regularly but vote the gym based on convenience factor of not having to leave the house to get a workout. The picture you posted of the proposed theatre room looks awesome. If you have space to add a treadmill or elliptical (there are some nice sturdy space-saving ones that fold up) somewhere else in the house, that may be a fantastic addition that could satisfy your gym needs.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2018, 08:59 PM   #45
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Token74 View Post

27’ x 14’.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Old 15 November 2018, 09:06 PM   #46
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

^^^

I just checked your available dims.

You have tons of space. I have a good amount of space in between stuff. I also have an inversion table in the mid that I rarely use at this point. If I were to lose that, I’d have too much space.

It took me a few years to get it how I like it. So again, happy to help if you have questions.

Old 15 November 2018, 09:09 PM   #47
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
Great set up Seth! A little bit of everything there. You really have tones of choices for workouts. I just put together 10 great workouts by looking at the space you have there.
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2018, 02:01 AM   #48
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
That is a nice room Seth. Plenty of options there.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2018, 02:48 AM   #49
GeoffEff
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My home gym.

This gym is fantastic! What I dream of doing in my currently unfinished basement someday. I have equipment down there now that I use daily but I hate the cement dust that constantly ends up on things. I need to buy those puzzle piece rubber mats and lay down a floor for now.
GeoffEff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2018, 03:19 AM   #50
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st amg View Post
Great set up Seth! A little bit of everything there. You really have tones of choices for workouts. I just put together 10 great workouts by looking at the space you have there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by droptopman View Post
That is a nice room Seth. Plenty of options there.
Yeah, tons of different things to do.

I am on the elliptical a lot. this morning, I did 20 mins of interval on that. Then sprints for a minute at a time on the rower. Followed by kettle bells swings and light dumbbell deadlifts. Ended with some planks.

there are literally so many options for good workouts down there.

good times.

Old 16 November 2018, 03:23 AM   #51
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffEff View Post
This gym is fantastic! What I dream of doing in my currently unfinished basement someday. I have equipment down there now that I use daily but I hate the cement dust that constantly ends up on things. I need to buy those puzzle piece rubber mats and lay down a floor for now.
Thank you. It is pretty super.

My new space has a painted floor so I am not worried about the dust. But the first thing I do will likely be to put rubber mats down everywhere.

then over time I will finish the rest of the basement. It will take some time, but it will look fantastic when I am done. I just need to fund it all.

This move is costing me way more than I originally anticipated.

Token74, with the space you have, I was thinking throw in a few different things so that you can mix it up, and a nice loveseat or maybe something a little larger with a giant TV on the wall supported by a good sound system. Seems like a win/win.

I tend to watch TV in my gym when my wife wants to watch reality TV and I want to watch a movie or something. I will likely follow the advice I just gave you above.

Old 16 November 2018, 03:41 AM   #52
GeoffEff
"TRF" Member

I hadn't even thought to paint the floor. Good call!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Explorer 39mm 214270 --- Sub 41mm 124060 —-
GeoffEff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2018, 04:01 AM   #53
MinMay
Banned

I said NONE OF THE ABOVE.

1. home theater - did it...spent $$$ on components and used it for about 10 times in a span of 5 years...yes 5 years....it collected dust mainly..and sold it for a fraction of the costs. Electronic gets outdated every year. I watch all my movies at the theater...it's more fun with a crowd.

2. gym - my treadmill is collecting dust after a month. :) I find working out in the gym with a crowd provides better motivation and fun.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2018, 05:00 AM   #54
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:
^^^

I just checked your available dims.

You have tons of space. I have a good amount of space in between stuff. I also have an inversion table in the mid that I rarely use at this point. If I were to lose that, I’d have too much space.

It took me a few years to get it how I like it. So again, happy to help if you have questions.

Thanks for the offer of help, I may well take you up on it, very kind

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2018, 07:45 AM   #55
Keadog
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My home gym.

I take it back. I do not have a home gym after seeing this. I have... less stuff.
Keadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2018, 07:51 AM   #56
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keadog View Post
I take it back. I do not have a home gym after seeing this. I have... less stuff.
Ha. Yeah. It’s pretty professional.

A few years ago I sold a side business, which just so happened to be a boutique fitness center with three locations. So when I bought my townhouse I put a lot of effort into building out my ideal home gym.

It’s been worth every penny.

I’m a big movie fan. I can relate to wanting a home cinema. But I’ll never be in a position to have both. And for me it’s not a choice.

Old 16 November 2018, 08:21 AM   #57
boom!
Banned

Watch: Rolex
I believe your health is more important so the gym is a way better choice in my opinion.
boom! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2018, 12:14 PM   #58
G8RDPM
2024 Pledge Member

I have both.
Will post pics this weekend.
Theater with stadium seating for 7. Great immersive picture and 7.1 surround sound with awesome SVS subwoofer. Great for sports and family movie night!
Gym with Smith machine,lat pull down. Adjustable dumbbells(powerblocks),Max trainer.

It’s a personal decision.
Likely I’ll have to pick in about a decade when I may retire!

Also,age may play a factor.
I can’t even think about doing what I used to do. Can’t lift or sit like when I was young!

Hope you also have a wine cellar. I don’t.

Seth, can I help design your new house? There are things that you don’t know that you need( and not even thinking garage)!
G8RDPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2018, 03:55 AM   #59
gabrielnovar
"TRF" Member

you will probably get more use out of the home theater..

most people like going to the gym because other people are around.

Most people hate going to movies..because other people are around
gabrielnovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2018, 06:40 AM   #60
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Theater I am not motivated enough to work out at home. My home gym gets no use and I go to the real gym haha