The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 21 August 2017, 07:48 AM   #1
WhiskeyKoffee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hulk 116610LV
Trying to predict the future of the HULK

So I recently bought my first Rolex, a DateJust41 with a blue dial. My next Rolex, and most likely my last, will be the Hulk. Then I'll have my blue and green.

I've been researching the history of the Hulk. It appears the 16610LV debuted in 2003 and was discontinued in 2010. The 116610LV took over in 2010 and is still current today. As best as I can tell, the Hulk has always been 40mm and has had a 3135 movement.

So what do you think will happen to the Hulk in the near future? Do you see Rolex making any changes in the next year or two? If you had to make a prediction about the next change in the Hulk what would it be? I'm just wondering if should buy soon or wait and see. All opinions are appreciated.

Next/Last 126600
WhiskeyKoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 08:04 AM   #2
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
No changes.

The only thing that might change is the movement to one with a 72 hours pr. Doubt it though.

I think the next major sub will be platinum.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 08:16 AM   #3
Bigblu10
Banned

The only change I see with the Hulk is increasing prices. Buy it now! Some of the TS here are selling them for more than MSRP now.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 08:37 AM   #4
WhiskeyKoffee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
No changes.

The only thing that might change is the movement to one with a 72 hours pr. Doubt it though.

I think the next major sub will be platinum.
The 72 hour power reserve is exactly what I'm hoping for.

Next/Last 126600
Old 21 August 2017, 08:39 AM   #5
WhiskeyKoffee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
The only change I see with the Hulk is increasing prices. Buy it now! Some of the TS here are selling them for more than MSRP now.
I've noted several selling about the suggested retail ($9050) here and elsewhere. It kind of made me think the opposite .. wait until things die down and the price will decrease.

Price is not my biggest concern though. My fear is that I buy a new Hulk and along comes some great new Hulk that I should have waited for.

Next/Last 126600
Old 21 August 2017, 08:40 AM   #6
WJGESQ
Banned

Seems destined to steadily rise in value.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 08:41 AM   #7
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

X2. Regardless what the movement is in it, it's going up and one of the Rolex blue chip watches. In other words, the sooner you get in to a LVc, the more money you will save. Waiting will cost you. If it ever gets discontinued, then you will see the scramble and crazy money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post

Old 21 August 2017, 08:43 AM   #8
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyKoffee View Post
I've noted several selling about the suggested retail ($9050) here and elsewhere. It kind of made me think the opposite .. wait until things die down and the price will decrease.

Price is not my biggest concern though. My fear is that I buy a new Hulk and along comes some great new Hulk that I should have waited for.
Unless you have a magic crystal ball or know the CEO of Rolex there is no knowing. One can only speculate. Life is short, buy the watch if you want it!
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 10:33 AM   #9
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Sounds like US sellers are hearing of scarcity in UK and other parts of the world and are pricing that into the US now. Rolex prices do seem to really be on the march.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 10:50 AM   #10
meganfox17
Banned

A Malaysian Rolex watch dealer who is also a friend of mine told me what his counterpart watch dealer buddy in Hong Kong had to say about the Green Sub 116610lv. Let's call him Seller A.

Are there any members from Hong Kong here ? What is the current retail price of a Rolex Sub in Hong Kong ? HK $ 68100 ?

Well I've got news for you.It seems there is a Hulk right now on display at Union Watch in Champagne Court ,Tsim Sha Tsui and is slapped with a price tag of HK$ 83800

Apparently this Hong Kong Seller was selling Green Subs to Malaysia and Thailand for a couple of years now (since 2014 if I remember), when he started out it was HK$ 67000 gradually rising to HK$ 69000.In the first and second quarter of this year, he sold Hulks ranging between HK$ 70000-74000.There was also an account of a customer who wanted a Hulk ASAP as a birthday present for his GF that he instructed seller A to pull out all the stops.Oh! Our friend managed to source one just in the nick of time but that cost the customer HK$ 76000

A few months ago, another seller B had offered a Hulk to seller A for HK$76000. I don't know whether our friend took up his offer or not but just earlier this month, the latter was given an opportunity to buy another Hulk from the same seller B.The asking price this time? HK$78000

You do the Maths.....
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 10:51 AM   #11
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Some are already going for crazy money now. Not stupid crazy, but crazy nonetheless.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 11:02 AM   #12
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Quote:

It's perfect as it is. Really, perfect. If a newer version comes out to change it, then you'll have a popular (and perfect) discontinued model. Win, win.

Old 21 August 2017, 11:15 AM   #13
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Now there is a great perspective I agree with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2la View Post
It's perfect as it is. Really, perfect. If a newer version comes out to change it, then you'll have a popular (and perfect) discontinued model. Win, win.

Old 21 August 2017, 11:44 AM   #14
Watchgeek5000
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
My future prediction for the Hulk is it will transform back to David Banner.
Watchgeek5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 01:30 PM   #15
nikesupremedunk
"TRF" Member

I've been watching the prices and it skyrocketed within the last couple of months. I remember earlier this year they were selling for mid 7's used. Now, it's hard to find one for under $8k used all of sudden. It's as if all the supply just happened to dry up all at once within the past month or so because that's when prices started rising.

It still blows my mind there are a lot of people out there that will spend $8-10k on a green watch. Hell, I never thought I'd be one of them (if I had that kind of cash). Anyway, could this be a sign of them being discontinued soon?
Old 21 August 2017, 01:39 PM   #16
NicoM
"TRF" Member

My guess is that we wont be seeing a green bezel/dial Submariner after this current generation/version (at least not for a while). The value of the Hulk, and more so the Kermit, will increase.
NicoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 01:40 PM   #17
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Buy it now! Your money is as safe as with any watch. Plus it's a beauty.
Old 21 August 2017, 01:51 PM   #18
OgSnowflake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchgeek5000 View Post
My future prediction for the Hulk is it will transform back to David Banner.
I think you mean Bruce Banner, David was a rapper from the dirty south...realll thugs get down on the flooo on the floooo like a pimp

Edit: I lied his name was David "Bruce" Banner
OgSnowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 01:59 PM   #19
Muzz
"TRF" Member

Watch: MP 18946
My prediction is they are going to start increasing the numbers again and they will be all over the place like they were a few years ago.

Sometimes the market has a lot of BLNRs and sometimes LVCs, it just depends on production.
Muzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 02:02 PM   #20
harvey
"TRF" Member

I suspect some people buying the LVc are the ones who missed getting the original LV?
harvey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 02:06 PM   #21
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzz View Post
My prediction is they are going to start increasing the numbers again and they will be all over the place like they were a few years ago.

Sometimes the market has a lot of BLNRs and sometimes LVCs, it just depends on production.
This.

I also think Neil has a good point in that most of the watch-aware world knows that it's easier to find rocking horse poopy and hen's teeth in the UK than certain watches. Therefore, prices are going (artificially) high in a speculative attempt to earn a few bucks more.

No way do I think that the increasing prices are an indication that that the LVc is about to be discontinued. No one is THAT in the know.

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 02:13 PM   #22
vipereaper30
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ UTC
LVc production is almost at its end, gonna be as big as the Kermit in the distant future. Don't think green will be in the mix for quite some time so buy now while you have the chance ;)
vipereaper30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 03:11 PM   #23
Muzz
"TRF" Member

Watch: MP 18946
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipereaper30 View Post
LVc production is almost at its end, gonna be as big as the Kermit in the distant future. Don't think green will be in the mix for quite some time so buy now while you have the chance ;)
I hope you are joking!!
Muzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 09:33 PM   #24
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 09:36 PM   #25
Noxa
"TRF" Member

My thoughts, well my persuaded thoughts from someone with more info than me is the Hulk will be discontinued soon as was the Kermit. I think the newer 3235 will be moving into the Sub quite suddenly in the not too far future and the Hulk won't be one of the newer models offered with the updated movement.
Noxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 August 2017, 09:45 PM   #26
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxa View Post
My thoughts, well my persuaded thoughts from someone with more info than me is the Hulk will be discontinued soon as was the Kermit. I think the newer 3235 will be moving into the Sub quite suddenly in the not too far future and the Hulk won't be one of the newer models offered with the updated movement.
Any specific reason? We know in the UK that its strong resale has indicated this is pound for pound more in demand than the black Subs and GMT. As Rolex's signature colour as well, it doesn't seem plausible to disco the design altogether.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 12:31 AM   #27
teo
"TRF" Member

Hulk somehow looks like Carlsberg.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8955.JPG (72.1 KB, 412 views)
teo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 01:15 AM   #28
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
So I recently bought my first Rolex, a DateJust41 with a blue dial. My next Rolex, and most likely my last, will be the Hulk. Then I'll have my blue and green.

I've been researching the history of the Hulk. It appears the 16610LV debuted in 2003 and was discontinued in 2010. The 116610LV took over in 2010 and is still current today. As best as I can tell, the Hulk has always been 40mm and has had a 3135 movement.

So what do you think will happen to the Hulk in the near future? Do you see Rolex making any changes in the next year or two? If you had to make a prediction about the next change in the Hulk what would it be? I'm just wondering if should buy soon or wait and see. All opinions are appreciated.
In the most recent issue of Marvel’s Civil War II comic book event, and I believe the hulk is a comic book character, one their biggest superheroes was taken out, and this one was a longtime Avenger.The Inhuman known as Ulysses, who has the ability to see the future, saw a vision where Hulk beat the hell out of some heroes, resulting in the death of several other Avengers.Banner actually instructed him to take Hulk out if it looked like he was going on another rampage. Some video evidence even showed Banner providing Hawkeye with the anti-Hulk arrow.Hulk isn’t the first death to come out of Civil War II,some say he will be turned into the correct name for that Rolex watch a 116610LV.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 04:27 AM   #29
VicLeChic
Banned

Watch: YM 116622 - SD43
I predict a new Hulk with updated 3235 movement, darker green bezel and price increase.
VicLeChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2017, 04:55 AM   #30
Oat Willy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M 116610LV
Where's the evidence it's selling here for more than it used to used? I see one up now at 8500 that's still unsold
Oat Willy is offline   Reply With Quote