The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 4 July 2017, 05:06 AM   #91
gbx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleeboy View Post
Yes, there are photos, which you can scrutinise to the nth degree. However, the description was misleading. This calls into question the integrity of the seller in this case. I am certain no one will think because they paid a good price, they should take it on the chin that the actual is very different to what you have been led to believe.
Yeah, I can see your point on the description being misleading. I would judge the purchase solely on the pictures. Descriptions are full of subjective language that can lead in one direction or another. And in this case here, I can see scratches all over the watch. Photos of the side of the watch show case scratches. The bracelet shows considerable wear in my opinion. Which contradicts his opinion and description of "little wear". So as a potential buyer, I would discount his description straight away. And I'd put the photos in a photo editor and change the exposure, contrast, brightness, and another inverted to reveal the defects that are in the data but not visible in the screen. But that's just me... It's often difficult to reverse transactions once they occur, so do your own due diligence.

In the end, I'm not sure what this amount of wear is worth... or how much he is really taking it on the chin. I certainly wouldn't buy a watch from this particular seller. And I am sorry to hear that this deal is sour!

And it was a great of Robert to offer his services at no cost.
gbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2017, 07:07 AM   #92
imperio
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbx View Post
I'm more likely to bet on a sure thing rather than an unknown to save $450.

Yes and that's your opinion, no need to shove that in someone else's face after he's been knocked down. You're very smart and can afford to drop more coin on a watch than the OP - happy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 July 2017, 07:33 AM   #93
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

Hey I appreciate the feedback even if I don't necessarily agree with it. Cheapest 214270 David has for sale right now is 5k.

Also, not really sure where you're seeing these scratches on the sides of the cases in the sellers photos? I've examined them pretty close at this point and really cannot make them out.

I really do not think I am being unreasonable at this point. The seller clearly did not accurately represent the condition in his pictures + description.

You say the wear is clearly visible in the pictures but then say also that I should have "put the pics in a photo editor to change the exposure, contrast, brightness, and another inverted to reveal the defects that are visible".
Do you really believe this is reasonable and the fault lies on me? All I'm asking is for a refund at this point and I will even send the watch back on my own dime, the fact the seller has been completely dark since he provided me the tracking number last week doesn't seem sketch or raise any flags?

If he wasn't intentionally trying to mislead with his post then why hasn't he responded or addressed any of these issues?

I don't get how you can look at the ad then look at the pictures I posted + the fact that he has completely ceased communication and go "oh OK yeah everything seems completely fine with the way this transaction occurred."

Quote:
Why on God's green earth would you do this?

DavidSW has them for $4500.

Instead you buy from a someone named "anothernewphone" with a high post count and a 2013 account creation date?

I haven't looked, but did he have tons of excellent reviews from the forumites in Seller's Who's Who??

Sorry, some of this is TLDR.
schnipples24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2017, 10:32 AM   #94
gbx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
Yes and that's your opinion, no need to shove that in someone else's face after he's been knocked down. You're very smart and can afford to drop more coin on a watch than the OP - happy?

I never said or implied any of the things you've insinuated. I was just trying articulate that the OP took a gamble on an unknown rather than a known quantity seller. And it was an unfortunate outcome...
Old 4 July 2017, 11:01 AM   #95
gbx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnipples24 View Post
Hey I appreciate the feedback even if I don't necessarily agree with it. Cheapest 214270 David has for sale right now is 5k.

Also, not really sure where you're seeing these scratches on the sides of the cases in the sellers photos? I've examined them pretty close at this point and really cannot make them out.

I really do not think I am being unreasonable at this point. The seller clearly did not accurately represent the condition in his pictures + description.

You say the wear is clearly visible in the pictures but then say also that I should have "put the pics in a photo editor to change the exposure, contrast, brightness, and another inverted to reveal the defects that are visible".
Do you really believe this is reasonable and the fault lies on me? All I'm asking is for a refund at this point and I will even send the watch back on my own dime, the fact the seller has been completely dark since he provided me the tracking number last week doesn't seem sketch or raise any flags?

If he wasn't intentionally trying to mislead with his post then why hasn't he responded or addressed any of these issues?

I don't get how you can look at the ad then look at the pictures I posted + the fact that he has completely ceased communication and go "oh OK yeah everything seems completely fine with the way this transaction occurred."
Do you really believe this is reasonable and the fault lies on me?

I'm not really in the position to assert my opinion here. But I believe you took a risk on an unknown seller. I searched the Sellers/Buyers Who's Who section. He had a few positive feedback notes as a buyer, absolutely zero as a seller.

I looked at his Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/dailydaytona/ - and he's really into posting photos of his wristies. I'd have some other choice words here for his Instagram activity, but I'll refrain :)

All you really HAVE in this world is your word. Everything else can be taken from you but they can't take your integrity. If I were the seller, I'd try to rectify the situation if you weren't happy as a buyer. But you're dealing with someone who obviously doesn't have the integrity that many of us do...

So I'd hope he would live up to his word and make you a happy buyer....

But I also feel like you took a calculated risk as a buyer... and it didn't work out in your favor. And for that I'm sorry :/

The moderators of the forum really have the power here to help you. It isn't the court of popular opinion. Everyone has one and mine stinks... But I do hope it turns into a better situation than this!
Old 4 July 2017, 11:52 AM   #96
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

Ty for the feedback.

Quote:
Do you really believe this is reasonable and the fault lies on me?

I'm not really in the position to assert my opinion here. But I believe you took a risk on an unknown seller. I searched the Sellers/Buyers Who's Who section. He had a few positive feedback notes as a buyer, absolutely zero as a seller.

I looked at his Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/dailydaytona/ - and he's really into posting photos of his wristies. I'd have some other choice words here for his Instagram activity, but I'll refrain :)

All you really HAVE in this world is your word. Everything else can be taken from you but they can't take your integrity. If I were the seller, I'd try to rectify the situation if you weren't happy as a buyer. But you're dealing with someone who obviously doesn't have the integrity that many of us do...

So I'd hope he would live up to his word and make you a happy buyer....

But I also feel like you took a calculated risk as a buyer... and it didn't work out in your favor. And for that I'm sorry :/

The moderators of the forum really have the power here to help you. It isn't the court of popular opinion. Everyone has one and mine stinks... But I do hope it turns into a better situation than this!
Old 4 July 2017, 01:00 PM   #97
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
His ig has no pics of that watch. Found that interesting.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/role...topics/1094174

Not sure if he has been active on wus.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2017, 01:34 PM   #98
schnipples24
"TRF" Member

HMMMM....very interesting, good catch!

That post was made on 10/05/2014 about a 39mm explorer his friend purchased. The warranty card for my watch is 10/04/2014. They have to be the same watch right, can't be just a coincidence.

This is now my take on maybe what happened which I was possibly leaning towards before....he was selling the watch for his friend and didn't realize the condition it was in. The pics were old possibly, and the watch was already boxed up when his friend gave it to him to ship out?

And maybe he's been away/on vacation this past week? IDK wishful thinking I guess, hopefully we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
His ig has no pics of that watch. Found that interesting.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/role...topics/1094174

Not sure if he has been active on wus.
Old 4 July 2017, 01:46 PM   #99
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
I hope the OP gets satisfaction, but the scratches I see in the sale thread would give me pause as a buyer. My Milgauss (daily work watch) has similar wear on the clasp, and tons of swirls on the head and bracelet. In bright light or flash photography, they really stand out. In diffuse light, they are hard to see. Experience would incline me to believe this watch would have similar wear, even if the images didn't make them obvious.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NdNyZgu.jpg (136.4 KB, 619 views)
File Type: jpg IWc6msQ.jpg (122.0 KB, 621 views)
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2017, 03:18 PM   #100
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Quote:

That post was made on 10/05/2014 about a 39mm explorer his friend purchased. The warranty card for my watch is 10/04/2014. They have to be the same watch right, can't be just a coincidence.

This is now my take on maybe what happened which I was possibly leaning towards before....he was selling the watch for his friend and didn't realize the condition it was in. The pics were old possibly, and the watch was already boxed up when his friend gave it to him to ship out?

And maybe he's been away/on vacation this past week? IDK wishful thinking I guess, hopefully we'll see.

I thought the same thing. He posts a lot of watch shots on IG and it is odd that the Explorer is missing from action.

cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2017, 05:22 PM   #101
aleeboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
Quote:

I think this is possible. I have asked my best friend to sell watches for me, he is a Power seller. We are very close though, so the buyer would get an accurate description only as I don't want any unhappy purchase experiences for the customer and my best friend.
aleeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2017, 09:03 PM   #102
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Let's hope the seller returns.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 4 July 2017, 10:08 PM   #103
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What's more telling is the posts below that state his friend let him borrow his spitfire. The friend apparently beats the he'll out of his watches per the ops post.

25 or 6 to 4.
Old 5 July 2017, 01:44 AM   #104
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
after reading the replies....

regardless of what happens, this is a $150 -- or even a free (thanks to member who offered ) fix.

i know the principle of the matter is the real issue here, but, there's been many worse crimes committed by others who lost thousands and thousands on bad watch deals; imop the OP got off easy and i'm sure he knows it could have been much, much worse.

the OP still has a real Rolex, didn't over-pay, and i'd be willing to bet we won't see the seller for a while, if ever, to get their side.

Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2017, 02:24 AM   #105
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Well if you're right about this, then he's not only violated the spiritual integrity of the forum, but the actual rules as well...

"Any item listed must be legally owned by you"

Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2017, 05:37 AM   #106
imperio
"TRF" Member

Negative Experience with Anothernewphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony64 View Post
Well if you're right about this, then he's not only violated the spiritual integrity of the forum, but the actual rules as well...

"Any item listed must be legally owned by you"

Spiritual integrity??

Old 5 July 2017, 05:51 AM   #107
Yzord
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Gibeon watch
Let me guess, he didn't answered at all?
Yzord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2017, 07:41 AM   #108
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Spiritual integrity??

spiritual
adjective
relating to or affecting the human spirit or soul as opposed to material or physical things.

integrity
noun
the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.

the state of being whole and undivided.
Old 5 July 2017, 05:54 PM   #109
mercman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126660 D-Blue
How did you fund the Paypal payment, if you used your Credit Card you can open a dispute through the Credit Card company.
mercman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2017, 06:15 PM   #110
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
after reading the replies....

regardless of what happens, this is a $150 -- or even a free (thanks to member who offered ) fix.

i know the principle of the matter is the real issue here, but, there's been many worse crimes committed by others who lost thousands and thousands on bad watch deals; imop the OP got off easy and i'm sure he knows it could have been much, much worse.

the OP still has a real Rolex, didn't over-pay, and i'd be willing to bet we won't see the seller for a while, if ever, to get their side.

I disagree Chewy,

Yes, this watch can be made good by polishing but damage has been done in many ways.
Polishing to the extent that this watch requires would always leave me seriously disappointed with the final product and the history of the transaction.

The seller has to step up and make this good.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2017, 07:30 PM   #111
milov
"TRF" Member

I feel the most upsetting aspect of this transaction is that a long standing forum member with a high post count has gone quiet after a dispute.

I am still hoping that the member is simply off the grid... and he will return with profound apologies.
milov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2017, 09:04 PM   #112
Abdullah71601
Banned

Watch: ing da Bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by milov View Post
I feel the most upsetting aspect of this transaction is that a long standing forum member with a high post count has gone quiet after a dispute.

I am still hoping that the member is simply off the grid... and he will return with profound apologies.
He hasn't logged in since the 24th. He may not even know about this.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2017, 10:15 PM   #113
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milov View Post

This is my hope as well.
Old 5 July 2017, 10:15 PM   #114
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
He hasn't logged in since the 24th. He may not even know about this.
Oh I think he knows.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 01:20 AM   #115
imperio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Oh I think he knows.

What makes you say that?

Old 6 July 2017, 01:33 AM   #116
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
What makes you say that?

Because I've PM'd him.
Old 6 July 2017, 01:49 AM   #117
Yzord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonBK View Post
Because I've PM'd him.
And don't forget the calls, text messages etc.

He knows and he don't care. Hence, he could even made a new account

Last edited by Yzord; 6 July 2017 at 03:03 AM.. Reason: Forgot "could" in it :P
Yzord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2017, 02:33 AM   #118
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzord View Post

He knows and he don't care. Hence, he even made a new account
New account? Would he be allowed to do that?
Old 6 July 2017, 02:50 AM   #119
Yzord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
New account? Would he be allowed to do that?

What are going to do about it?
Old 6 July 2017, 02:57 AM   #120
MonBK
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzord View Post

He knows and he don't care. Hence, he even made a new account
So what's he's new name?