The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Grand Seiko & Seiko Discussion Forum

Old 25 March 2019, 11:15 AM   #31
henrylee
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN Ceramic

Currently only have vintage Seikos and they don’t feel as rugged as my Rolex watches. But do enjoy them when they get some wrist time.
Old 31 March 2019, 09:00 AM   #32
slin1110
"TRF" Member

When I had the 14060 Rolex, I wear it daily and on vacation as well. Now that I sold it and now have a YM. I purchased the Seiko skx013, and that will be the watch I bring on vacations since I don't have worry bout being beat up and going under water or what not.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
slin1110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2019, 10:01 AM   #33
Timekeep111
"TRF" Member

In one word, no.

I love my seiko watches but like my Rolex better. The seiko watches that I have had and currently have are work horses and are treated as such.

If I liked them more than my Rolex I would sell the Rolex and just buy seiko. Would that be more logical?
Timekeep111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2019, 10:29 AM   #34
chsu74
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710,116520,SLA19
Anyone else favoring their Seikos over their Rolexes?

My 5 digit GMTII is the most comfortable watch. The Daytona is also comfy but not as easy to read and miss the date. This Seiko SLA019 is the best value though by far..
chsu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2019, 12:14 PM   #35
piratebenjamin
"TRF" Member

Watch: SBGA371
I was wearing my snowflake and ran into a guy with a Submariner on. I started up a conversation, he bought that Rolex for himself to celebrate his first accounting firm job. He had never heard of Grand Seiko. Lol. I love that. I let my wife wear the Rolex.
piratebenjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2019, 12:43 PM   #36
daveo5
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M COSC
As the owner of 4 Rolexes, plus the wearer of Rolexes since 1964 they are good watches. Having been the owner/wearer of Seiko since 1990 I have discovered the advantages of that brand. Recently I added the model Alpinist to my modest collection. Frankly my Rolexes are collecting dust and I see no reason to dust them off in the near future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
daveo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 11:52 PM   #37
vintagehartmann
"TRF" Member

For work, I still prefer non-sports Rolex or Patek. For everything else in between, the SLA017 & SLA025 have been phenomenal.
vintagehartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 11:10 AM   #38
Coop13
Banned

Watch: SBGW231, SRP777
I suppose, since I sold my last rolex. I’m also enjoying this forum much more than the rolex general discussion. I literally feel agitated just thinking of that forum, I guess I had my fill of shit posts by dumbasses.
Coop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 11:50 PM   #39
Headshrinker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date
I love my Rolex watches infinitely more than my Seiko, but since becoming a volunteer EMT in my retirement, I wear a Seiko more and more. It is a wonderful watch, tuff and accurate. It reminds me of a Honda automobile; dependability and reliability. Nothing wrong with that, but I can also appreciate better finishing and detail. All watches have a value and a purpose if you choose well.
Headshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 12:58 AM   #40
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop13 View Post
I suppose, since I sold my last rolex. I’m also enjoying this forum much more than the rolex general discussion. I literally feel agitated just thinking of that forum, I guess I had my fill of shit posts by dumbasses.
Likewise. I enjoy the Seiko sub-forum more so than the Rolex General Discussion. I’m not hating on Rolex, just prefer Seiko.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 12:58 AM   #41
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratebenjamin View Post
I was wearing my snowflake and ran into a guy with a Submariner on. I started up a conversation, he bought that Rolex for himself to celebrate his first accounting firm job. He had never heard of Grand Seiko. Lol. I love that. I let my wife wear the Rolex.
I’ve been to Rolex ADs that have never heard of Grand Seiko. I’ve also worn a Grand Seiko into a Rolex AD, whose first question was “Which Rolex’s do you already own?”
Old 6 June 2019, 01:16 AM   #42
CPRWATCH
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT Master
Is a Seiko better than a Rolex , don't think so but its like everything in life it's subjective & we all have our own preferences . It's like saying do we all agree on who is the most beautiful Woman in the world ( or Man ) , which I highly doubt we would agree on but the SLA 017 is something special to me .image.jpeg
CPRWATCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 04:23 AM   #43
pkincy
"TRF" Member

I don't own any Seiko's but have a couple of Grand Seikos and they get equal or slightly better wrist time than my Rolexes. However I am pretty much "love the one you're with." All 4 are great watches and each has their strong points and a few weak points. The GSs are actually more striking, but the Rolexes have that tank like build and prescence.
pkincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 05:44 AM   #44
stockae92
"TRF" Member

I rarely travel with my Rolex. Its just one less thing to worry about with all the families, car rental, flights, luggage, water atcivities, etc.
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 07:37 AM   #45
mrfallover
"TRF" Member

I have a few Rolexs but when I open my safe I do tend to reach for my Marinemaster. But whichever I wear I seem to be equally as happy.
mrfallover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 05:36 PM   #46
Jenks73
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko SNJ027P1
I love my Rolex watches and I love my seiko watches.
After starting a family 18 months ago, Rolex is now beyond my price point.
I could not justify the cost anymore, I felt my money should be invested in a fund for my daughters future and not in my watch collection (I know some will argue a Rolex is an investment, If you can get your hands on the sport models especially)!
But with Seiko I can indulge in my watch habits and come away with some excellent time pieces, at a great price point, also the flexibility to modify ones seiko is an Avenue I have really enjoyed exploring.

So right now my Rolex is safely locked away, and my seiko watches are in regular rotation.
Jenks73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 10:02 PM   #47
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenks73 View Post
I love my Rolex watches and I love my seiko watches.
After starting a family 18 months ago, Rolex is now beyond my price point.
I could not justify the cost anymore, I felt my money should be invested in a fund for my daughters future and not in my watch collection (I know some will argue a Rolex is an investment, If you can get your hands on the sport models especially)!
But with Seiko I can indulge in my watch habits and come away with some excellent time pieces, at a great price point, also the flexibility to modify ones seiko is an Avenue I have really enjoyed exploring.

So right now my Rolex is safely locked away, and my seiko watches are in regular rotation.
Congratulations
Old 9 June 2019, 11:42 AM   #48
nutrientcobra
"TRF" Member

To be honest, yes! I have 5 Rolexes and I just picked up this SBGA029. I actually like it better in may ways. Its feels more comfy to wear because of the slight bit of give in the bracelet. It keeps better time better than my other watches, by a long shot.

It has great curb appeal. It has the triple F action going to. The watch face, font, and finish is impeccable. It doesn't break the bank and its available. The 200 meter water rating is nice as well. Comparing to the typical Sub 100.
nutrientcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2019, 12:49 AM   #49
VinnieVegas
"TRF" Member

Watch: '06 GMT Master II
Lately, I am wearing my Seikos and G-Shocks more often to work and on weekends.

I'm very anxious for the Arnie reissue, the SNJ025. If it comes out this month I would wear it all summer, but I think it's due in September.

I want an original Arnie but getting them in good condition isn't easy nor cheap. It could be a minor restoration project, too, with a new aftermarket crystal, bezel insert, and shroud, but then the price starts adding up too. And a lot of the charm is gone with aftermarket parts.

So I'm pretty sure I am getting the solar reissue. It's not perfect but I think it will scratch the itch.

* Seiko SRP777 (2017)
VinnieVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 June 2019, 05:46 AM   #50
bradbyrd1110
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126233
Haven't touched my SD since i received my Seiko Astron 5X last week. Might actually sell the SD since I like the Seiko so much. I'll wait until the honeymoon phase is over of course.