The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Old 28 April 2009, 12:53 PM   #1
StarSovereign
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234, 116710LN
First Rolex

Hey guys. This is my first post, so please bear with me...

I am planing on purchasing a two tone steel and yellow gold Men's DateJust with fluted bezel, Jubilee bracelet, white dial and stick markers. My first preference would be the DateJust with the Roman Numerals, but I've noticed that all the DateJusts I've seen with Roma Numerals don't have the illuminated numbers and illuminated hands. Anyone know why?

I'm looking for a watch that i can wear anytime, with jeans, with a suit, or even with a tux. I think the DateJust is classic. I'd like to hear from anyone who owns this watch and how they they like it. Would you guys suggest any other models? Is this watch too dressy to wear super-casually, like with shorts and a tee? Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

Also, has anyone purchased from SwissLuxury.com? I've done some research and they seem to be pretty solid. If you've done business with them, let me know what you think...

Thanks everyone!
StarSovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2009, 04:06 PM   #2
diablojota
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
The DJ is a great watch. It does go well with all forms of attire. I had one for a while and really liked it.

Swissluxury is great too. If you do a search, you'll hear many positive comments about them. I've purchased from them and so have several members and all have had great feedback about them.

FcB
diablojota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2009, 04:56 AM   #3
slcbbrown
"TRF" Member

Watch: 50's TT t-bird
great choice

If it matters to you, there are plenty of used versions out there. I think your choice is tough to beat. I've owned a TT TOG, TT DJ, and TT GMT. I've always found that the DJ and TOG looked appropriate with any attire and they're both tough, sporty watches.

The sports watches always look sporty. I think you can wear the TOG and DJ with jeans or a tux. The sports models look great with jeans or business but never with something like a tux.
slcbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2009, 05:36 AM   #4
Petahwong
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seamaster 300
SwissLuxury.com?... Buy from the fourms. Either here or other great watch forum sites...
With the crappy economy I've been seeing great examples go for well under 2k
Petahwong is offline   Reply With Quote