The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 28 February 2020, 01:20 AM   #1
Sore Biceps
"TRF" Member

Has anyone dealt with M.J.Watches on Chrono24?

Hi all,
Considering buying a Hulk from the seller, chrono24 should be a a safe enough place, as well as the seller having been a trusted seller there since 2009 with 300+ watches sold.

It never hurts to ask though, so if anyone has an experience with them, it’d be greatly appreciated.
Sore Biceps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2020, 02:41 AM   #2
Nikrnic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blnr, Expll, Subs,
Can't say I know that seller but being trusted over 10 yrs. with over 300 sales I'd think you'll be fine. C/24 is as safe as can be for a world wide site. I just bought a used Sub from a private seller with 0 sales or feedback, your payment doesn't go to the seller, it will be held by C/24 in an escrow account until you recieve and approve your purchase before your funds are released to the seller, tracking info is also updated to you along the way. You can also contact and speak with the seller as well before you purchase, I did and it actually eased the sellers mind and he was more willing to come off his price as well instead of me just suggesting a price on line.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Nikrnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 February 2020, 08:17 AM   #3
Sore Biceps
"TRF" Member

Thanks for chiming in, makes a lot of sense. It’ll be my 2nd watch from c24, but still intending to try and get it verified as authentic from a watchmaker here in Copenhagen when it arrives.
Old 28 February 2020, 04:28 PM   #4
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

If they’re a uk seller, then yes they’re legitimate. I’ve never bought anything, but have spoken a few times.
Old 29 February 2020, 02:51 AM   #5
Sore Biceps
"TRF" Member

Think they are based in Belgium, not the UK.
Old 7 March 2020, 05:27 AM   #6
Drekster
"TRF" Member

Hi, just interested to hear if you ended up purchasing from MJ Watches in Belgium, I’m also looking at a watch there so any feedback is appreciated
Drekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 March 2020, 06:04 AM   #7
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
In case you haven't noticed but all professional sellers are trusted on chrono. Also the ones who sell rubbish.

Don't know this seller, but always do your homework outside the chrono platform.
Old 7 March 2020, 06:42 AM   #8
Drekster
"TRF" Member

Exactly that’s what makes it tricky to navigate and I would prefer my first Rolex not to be a duff.

I can also see the watch I’m looking at was originally bought in Ceuta which is outside the EU, is there any knowledge on whether this gives a VAT risk for me?

VAT what a Friday night topic!
Old 7 March 2020, 07:21 PM   #9
Sore Biceps
"TRF" Member

I ended up buying and the experience with them was brilliant - comms, response times, the dealer (Maurice) was very attentive - the whole deal. They did forget to include the link they removed from the bracelet, but (again) very fast response and assured me that it’ll be send Monday, so no biggie if it happens.

As far as the Rolex goes, it is drop dead gorgeous, the exact condition as it was described, box/papers etc. Nothing makes me believe it’s a fake, but as the post above me says - you have to do your own due diligence. I had a watchmaker at the official AD here in Copenhagen look at it (without opening it) and the guy inspected it as thoroughly as he could, given him and I have only talked when I have been there for some bracelet adjustments before, and the fact he wasn’t going to charge me for it. Again, 0 suspicions from his end.
That being said, for my own peace of mind - I will use the paid service that the Copenhagen Rolex AD does (legitimate authentication of Rolex watches) They open it up and check (I think) 10+ different parts’ authenticity directly with Rolex, and also issue a full-on laminated stamped certificate in the end. Takes couple of days and I’ll be happy to update this once it has gone through. I figured, as it costs less than 1% of the watches value- I’d want to be 100% sure, so I can go on enjoying my watch through the years.
Old 8 March 2020, 02:22 AM   #10
Drekster
"TRF" Member

Super thanks for the update, much appreciated. Running it by the AD makes sense, I have also had good experience with them here in CPH with servicing on other watches etc and they have been helpful with gen guidance too.

Enjoy the watch ��
Old 12 March 2020, 02:59 AM   #11
Sore Biceps
"TRF" Member

Update after AD authentication

Updating after I got my Rolex back from the AD authentication today - no remarks, everything is original (inspected case, crystal, movement, hands, dial, crown, caseback, bezel). Plus, I got a nice laminated certificate from Klarlund here in Copenhagen.
Old 12 March 2020, 05:06 AM   #12
Sore Biceps
"TRF" Member

Tldr

As I couldn't find any other reviews of the seller - and after dealing with them myself, maybe this conclusion will be helpful for others in the future.

Overall, great experience with MJ Watches (Belgium), fast response times, accurate listings, authentic product. Nothing but praise from my end. Quickly responding to and resolving small issues (forgot to include the link they took away due to resizing) and generally 10/10.