The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 August 2019, 10:50 AM   #31
Etschell
"TRF" Member
 
Etschell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Real Name: Eliot
Location: FL
Watch: 114060, 25600tb
Posts: 13,581
I dont even put them back. Frowned upon in Florida
__________________
If you wind it, they will run.

Would you like to take part in Meet a Rolex Forums Member? Please PM me. The series began with tkerrmd. And continued with DavidSW, GerardoG, Jocke, TheVTCGuy, Rolex Addict, Art1, SearChart
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 10:52 AM   #32
77T
2020 HARRODS SGE Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 32,541
Not a Rant...well if you want to rant. :chuckle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brew View Post
I hate these thinly veiled political posts!


Whatís political about shopping buggies


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 02:47 PM   #33
tritium8
2020 Rolex BLNR Giveaway Pledge Member
 
tritium8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Real Name: N8
Location: L.A.
Watch: 216570
Posts: 1,313
The Woody show (radio) here in LA does a pretty hilarious segment called Cary narcs.

https://youtu.be/GzWQH0u4VJU
tritium8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 02:49 PM   #34
superstarmar
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: In Motion
Watch: my wrist presence
Posts: 7,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
Better than the animals who leave their carts in parking spaces.
One of my worst shopping peeves...
superstarmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 02:50 PM   #35
214270Explorer
2020 Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: United States
Watch: me buy Rolex
Posts: 1,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Whatís political about shopping buggies
Depends if they are red or blue.

The political parties are using the cart colors as subliminal ads.
__________________
ďThe display of actual intelligence terrifies much of mankindĒ

Rolex "some"
Tudor "some"
Damasko "some"
Vostok "some"
Hamilton 992B Railway Special Lever-set Pocket Watch War Dept. ca 1944
Miscellaneous fine quality stopwatches
"Life is too short not to have a Rolex"
214270Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 03:02 PM   #36
77T
2020 HARRODS SGE Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 32,541
Not a Rant...well if you want to rant. :chuckle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 214270Explorer View Post
Depends if they are red or blue.



The political parties are using the cart colors as subliminal ads.


Ahhh... thanks.

So interesting that the Sam Walton had blue carts and Sol Price had red ones...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 04:03 PM   #37
Jocke
2020 HARRODS SGE Pledge Member
 
Jocke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Real Name: Joacim
Location: Sweden
Watch: A dozen of Rolex's
Posts: 21,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
What do they do in the winter in Sweden?

Keep the poor buggies warm inside the store and use reindeers to save the butlers?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Studded tyres and electrical motor is the way to go.
__________________
This message is written in perfect swenglish.

What is best a custom Rolex or a Rolex that is stuck in custom?

Buy a professional camera and youīre a professional
photographer, buy a flute and you own a flute.
Jocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 04:48 PM   #38
GB-man
2020 Rolex BLNR Giveaway Pledge Member
 
GB-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: On the run
Watch: addiction issues
Posts: 30,288
Unless you are disabled I consider you the scum of the earth if you don’t have the courtesy to walk 30 seconds to corral your cart. I’ve never been to a store in my life where the shopping cart employees are patrolling the lot quick enough to prevent damage to other people’s vehicles.

I’d just as soon we cattle prod these people on the spot.

Side note: I keep seeing people this week with another solution. They walk home with their groceries in the cart lol Have you seen these nut jobs?
__________________
Instagram @theuncaught1
"Pleasure delayed is pleasure doubled" - Neil (AK797)
GB-man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 04:50 PM   #39
AzPaul
2020 Pledge Member
 
AzPaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Real Name: Paul
Location: Tucson, Az
Watch: Rolex 1501
Posts: 9,042
If everyone grabbed a cart from the lot on their way up to the store, things would be better.
__________________
Five year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains
Then I wondered, still I wonder, who'll stop the rain
AzPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 05:53 PM   #40
Brew
2020 Rolex BLNR Giveaway Pledge Member
 
Brew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Real Name: Larry
Location: Finger Lakes
Watch: DJ36, OP39, YM40
Posts: 4,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Whatís political about shopping buggies


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Red Carters are clearly well-organized fascists. Blue Carters are anarchist animals!
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 10:11 PM   #41
77T
2020 HARRODS SGE Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 32,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
Studded tyres and electrical motor is the way to go.


Much better for Winter sport of shopping cart hockey.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2019, 10:27 PM   #42
Robtayham
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Texas
Posts: 532
OP, really, this is your post? Does it feel good to make passive aggressive comments about other people? Did you get a Ďchuckleí at their expense? These are the kinds of posts that highlight whatís wrong with this forum.
Robtayham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 01:51 AM   #43
Syed117
2020 HARRODS SGE Pledge Member
 
Syed117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Real Name: Syed
Location: New York
Posts: 3,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Clearly, the reason you can't find good parking is that the store you go to has a buggy cage every 40 feet. There simply is no room for cars with all these buggy cages clogging up the lot. I see why you are so bitter. The high buggy cage density is simply ruining your life.

Now, if you go to the store I go to there is one cage per acre. But there are a couple guys who do nothing but shag buggies and take them inside. They seem happy in their work. They usually come to my car to grab the buggy. But if they don't, I leave it in the space next to my car. Sorry that poor buggy service in your store has ruined your life, but I'm not walking half way across the lot to cage the buggy.
Oh, there seems to be a misunderstanding. I always park in the worst spot furthest from any entrance. Parking my car physically close to the store so that I can get inside faster doesn't appeal to me. I see people doing rounds trying to find close parking like their lives depend on it. I go way back and in the time that I've walked from the spot a mile away, they are still doing rounds.

A little bit of walking is going to kill anyone.

It's a matter of principle. I'd love to live in a fantasy world where some person is standing at every spot ready to grab my cart as soon as I unload it. Well, at least you're honest about it. I personally could not block a parking spot because I'm too lazy to walk for a minute.
__________________
Rolex Datejust 41 126334 | Grand Seiko Snowflake SBGA211 | Omega Speedmaster Professional Hesalite | Panerai Base Logo 774 | Tudor Black Bay 58

Instagram - watchsyed
Syed117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 03:14 AM   #44
Widows Son
"TRF" Member
 
Widows Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hudson Ohio
Posts: 3,256
Probably the same animals who get up from a family picnic and leave their trash scattered all over the grass when there's a trash can 5 feet away.
Widows Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 03:41 AM   #45
Abdullah71601
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Calumet Harbor
Watch: ing da Bears
Posts: 13,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
Oh, there seems to be a misunderstanding. I always park in the worst spot furthest from any entrance. Parking my car physically close to the store so that I can get inside faster doesn't appeal to me. I see people doing rounds trying to find close parking like their lives depend on it. I go way back and in the time that I've walked from the spot a mile away, they are still doing rounds.

A little bit of walking is going to kill anyone.

It's a matter of principle. I'd love to live in a fantasy world where some person is standing at every spot ready to grab my cart as soon as I unload it. Well, at least you're honest about it. I personally could not block a parking spot because I'm too lazy to walk for a minute.
Time is money. My time has as much value as anyone elseís, and Iím not wasting it doing the storeís job. Itís the principal of the thing.

If you want to invest your time shagging carts, Iím good with that. You can cage as many as youíd like.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 03:48 AM   #46
Zakalwe
2020 Rolex+Tudor GMT Pledge Member
 
Zakalwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Real Name: Sal
Location: London
Posts: 2,469
How peculiar. Shagging a shopping trolley would get you locked up in the loony bin round this way.
__________________
ďNever argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 03:50 AM   #47
BNA/LION
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Real Name: Larry
Location: San Diego, CA
Watch: ROLEX
Posts: 17,073
Never took the time to let something like this bug me.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 04:30 AM   #48
Oscarpapa
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Real Name: Noah
Location: Ulster
Posts: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah71601 View Post
Clearly, the reason you can't find good parking is that the store you go to has a buggy cage every 40 feet. There simply is no room for cars with all these buggy cages clogging up the lot. I see why you are so bitter. The high buggy cage density is simply ruining your life.

Now, if you go to the store I go to there is one cage per acre. But there are a couple guys who do nothing but shag buggies and take them inside. They seem happy in their work. They usually come to my car to grab the buggy. But if they don't, I leave it in the space next to my car. Sorry that poor buggy service in your store has ruined your life, but I'm not walking half way across the lot to cage the buggy.
Got to say that is quite a selfish and entitled attitude.
Oscarpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 05:41 AM   #49
Cryten
2020 HARRODS SGE Pledge Member
 
Cryten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Terrafirma
Posts: 2,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syed117 View Post
....... I always park in the worst spot furthest from any entrance. Parking my car physically close to the store so that I can get inside faster doesn't appeal to me. I see people doing rounds trying to find close parking like their lives depend on it. I go way back and in the time that I've walked from the spot a mile away, they are still doing rounds.

A little bit of walking is going to kill anyone.
I laugh at them too. These are the same people who pay to go to a gym and use a treadmill, yet do the least amount of walking possible in their daily lives.
Cryten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 05:54 AM   #50
timedate
-
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: uk
Posts: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauregard View Post
"Buggy?"

Hate to break it to you but that's a shopping cart.

And you might as well ask why can't Wallmart shoppers brush their teeth.

thats a shopping trolley, a cart is what you drive on a golf course, a buggy is a type of car.
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 06:24 AM   #51
Art 1
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida, Canada
Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Posts: 30,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarpapa View Post
Got to say that is quite a selfish and entitled attitude.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 06:30 AM   #52
Art 1
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida, Canada
Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Posts: 30,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
I dont even put them back. Frowned upon in Florida
I never do either Eliot. I was reading about this very thing. Itís somewhat regional. In Florida most people donít. There are workers in the lot taking the carts back in. I leave mine right by my car.

In Canada itís different as are many things here. They will walk through a blizzard to return a shopping cart. There, I leave mine next to my car. If someone is with me, they will return the thing. Itís regional.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 07:22 AM   #53
77T
2020 HARRODS SGE Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 32,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post



In Canada itís different as are many things here. They will walk through a blizzard to return a shopping cart.


I saw a picture about that -



Do they plow the lots all Winter long?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 07:44 AM   #54
Art 1
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Florida, Canada
Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Posts: 30,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
I saw a picture about that -



Do they plow the lots all Winter long?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thatís it!
Yes it gets pushed into the corner and becomes a large pile of ice.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 07:54 AM   #55
austinp
"TRF" Member
 
austinp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: us
Posts: 1,782
I return my cart and most in my area do the same.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
austinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 08:09 AM   #56
Randy63
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Scranton
Watch: 16610
Posts: 999
Icon1

I learned to return my cart to the corral at the market by watching my father when I was a kid. He told me to do otherwise was rude and inconsiderate because it risked damaging other peoples cars.

I taught my son to always return his cart to the corral as well.



Randy
Randy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 08:29 AM   #57
77T
2020 HARRODS SGE Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 32,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
Thatís it!

Yes it gets pushed into the corner and becomes a large pile of ice.


She must be a Target shopper...or, as we say in the South of US, Tarj‚y...

They return the cart - but park them willy-nilly in the corral.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 09:09 AM   #58
swatty
2020 HARRODS SGE Pledge Member
 
swatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Real Name: Peter
Location: Sydney
Watch: The Game
Posts: 16,684
Always return my shopping trolley to the corral, nothing worse than people leaving trolleys sitting in car spaces.
__________________
5513, 7928, 1601, 11613, 14060, 11610, 116610, ,79280P, 70330, 25600TB, 792500BM, M56000
swatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 09:44 AM   #59
Chewbacca
2020 Pledge Member
 
Chewbacca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Real Name: CJ
Location: Kashyyyk
Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Posts: 13,489
Iíll see myself out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 6B97B03A-3164-447E-A700-C2308B682044.jpeg (149.4 KB, 25 views)
__________________
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2019, 11:38 AM   #60
Abdullah71601
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Calumet Harbor
Watch: ing da Bears
Posts: 13,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
I never do either Eliot. I was reading about this very thing. Itís somewhat regional. In Florida most people donít. There are workers in the lot taking the carts back in. I leave mine right by my car.

In Canada itís different as are many things here. They will walk through a blizzard to return a shopping cart. There, I leave mine next to my car. If someone is with me, they will return the thing. Itís regional.
I never would have thought there are people who rant about shopping carts. Bizarre. Itís as if the carts chase them in their nightmares.
Abdullah71601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


*Banners Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2020, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.