The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 15 October 2007, 03:09 PM   #1
Superlative

Watch: Z16610
SD Double red on ebay fake or real??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Sea-Dwelle...QQcmdZViewItem
Superlative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2007, 03:10 PM   #2
krlyuzh
2024 Pledge Member

lol
krlyuzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2007, 03:46 PM   #3
Wolfgang427
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Tudor Omega
Tough call, but the high bidder is a big Rolex dealer in NJ. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.
Wolfgang427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2007, 03:55 PM   #4
Superlative

Watch: Z16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang427 View Post
Tough call, but the high bidder is a big Rolex dealer in NJ. I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing.
Yea right! look at the bid history! someone is up to no good!

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=190161793684
Superlative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2007, 04:28 PM   #5
Wolfgang427
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Tudor Omega
What's so wrong about the bids? Watch had $15k reserve and bidders were bidding it up to clear the reserve.
Wolfgang427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2007, 07:52 PM   #6
arttay10
"TRF" Member

Watch: ????????
A prime candidate for possible shill-bidding there !! Theres a pattern to the new bidders bids.
arttay10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2007, 10:10 PM   #7
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, of course!
Maybe this should be in the "Watch Out" section?

Anyway, here are some nice articles about DRSD fakes:

http://www.doubleredseadweller.com/dr_counterfeits.htm

http://www.doubleredseadweller.com/new_fakes.htm

http://www.redwatches.com/page10.html

LocTite 221: The Taming Of The Screw...
SPACE-DWELLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2007, 01:28 AM   #8
Alex Stylianou
"TRF" Member

lol
Alex Stylianou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2007, 11:25 AM   #9
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedweller View Post
Maybe this should be in the "Watch Out" section?
And maybe you should actually act upon the idea and report this to the mods like we've told you to umpteen times, instead of leaving it to other members to do so? Sheesh.
Old 16 October 2007, 12:38 PM   #10
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken View Post
And maybe you should actually act upon the idea and report this to the mods like we've told you to umpteen times, instead of leaving it to other members to do so? Sheesh.
Sheesh? I'll give you Sheesh. I had already clicked on the Report icon, started to fill in the text, then took a few seconds to read the subtext:

"Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."

Although this thread was obviously in the wrong forum, it did not fit in any of the above clearly defined criteria. Advertising? No. Harassment? No. Fighting or rude? No.

What to do? Fill in the report and risk getting flamed by Sir Mr. Dekanken Sir? Not worth the effort in my book.

Have you ever actually considered use a little moderation in instances like this?

Sheesh indeed!!!
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2007, 09:04 PM   #11
EvEr34
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
Sheesh? I'll give you Sheesh. I had already clicked on the Report icon, started to fill in the text, then took a few seconds to read the subtext:

"Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts."

Although this thread was obviously in the wrong forum, it did not fit in any of the above clearly defined criteria. Advertising? No. Harassment? No. Fighting or rude? No.

What to do? Fill in the report and risk getting flamed by Sir Mr. Dekanken Sir? Not worth the effort in my book.

Have you ever actually considered use a little moderation in instances like this?

Sheesh indeed!!!

+1 Why so rude? What is gained from calling out someone as you did? I could go through Bo's 5k + posts and I'd have a hard time finding an instance where he has been rude to anyone. Actually, many of his posts are very informative. I don't get this. Honestly I just don't
EvEr34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2007, 09:33 PM   #12
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Oh, Mr I-Care-So-Much-About-Details wants to talk? Fine, because you obviously missed this detail: http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=22342

I've already announced it to the forum, but have you considered not taking things at your convenience to push your own agenda? I openly challenge you to ask members if they have reported posts about fakes and gotten any heat from me. Go on, give it a go and see how far your presumptuous sanctimony goes before it runs out of steam.

Reporting fakes isn't worth the effort in your book, but you sure got off your keyster to make this post and garnish it with your oh-so-witty repartee, didn't you? Gee, how's that add up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcan View Post

Sheesh indeed!!!
Old 16 October 2007, 09:37 PM   #13
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvEr34 View Post
+1 Why so rude? What is gained from calling out someone as you did? I could go through Bo's 5k + posts and I'd have a hard time finding an instance where he has been rude to anyone. Actually, many of his posts are very informative. I don't get this. Honestly I just don't
Mike, you don't get your inbox flooded with complaints that don't deserve any moderation - don't take my word for it, ask the other mods. If I did respond to all of those complaints, some members would have been banned long ago for no good reason. When it does come to the one time that Bo needs to report a genuine issue, he doesn't. That's why sheesh.

Ironically, the mods get repeatedly second-guessed by some members because we make a point to keep problems away from the general membership, but some days, enough is enough. No offence meant to you, Mike, but I'll take your not getting this as a sign that the mod team's done its job right.
Old 16 October 2007, 10:38 PM   #14
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

The question of the thread is "SD Double red on ebay fake or real??"

I looked at the auctioned watch, and since I had DOUBT about it was a fake, I did NOT report it. Had I had NO doubt about it being a fake, I would indeed have reported it. The seller having only 2 in feedback and the watch not having its box does not on its own make it fake.

Now, being in doubt, I proposed it to be discussed in the "Watch out" section and I provided some links about telling the real thing from fakes, as a platform to discuss things on.

I know, James, that I am to report fakes, obvious ones, if I see them, but this one could be discussed, like the rest of the possible fakes in the "Watch Out" forum.

And James, I know I have been very aggressive towards members here posting fakes and passing them off as real ones. I often was the leader of a "mob tendancy", and I apologize for that. You have told me to report fakes in such instances, and do nothing more than that, and this is also what I am going to do.

Old 16 October 2007, 10:59 PM   #15
EvEr34
"TRF" Member

Understood. Now everyone can kiss and make up!! I'll go first. smooooooched!
Old 16 October 2007, 11:55 PM   #16
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The question of the thread is "SD Double red on ebay fake or real??"

I looked at the auctioned watch, and since I had DOUBT about it was a fake, I did NOT report it. Had I had NO doubt about it being a fake, I would indeed have reported it. The seller having only 2 in feedback and the watch not having its box does not on its own make it fake.

Now, being in doubt, I proposed it to be discussed in the "Watch out" section and I provided some links about telling the real thing from fakes, as a platform to discuss things on.

I know, James, that I am to report fakes, obvious ones, if I see them, but this one could be discussed, like the rest of the possible fakes in the "Watch Out" forum.

And James, I know I have been very aggressive towards members here posting fakes and passing them off as real ones. I often was the leader of a "mob tendancy", and I apologize for that. You have told me to report fakes in such instances, and do nothing more than that, and this is also what I am going to do.

It's all good, Bo. We mods don't have time to scan all threads, so just do me a favour next time something like this happens and report it rather than just raising the question on the thread.
Old 16 October 2007, 11:56 PM   #17
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Aaaiiiggghhh! Cooties! He's got cooties!
Old 17 October 2007, 12:04 AM   #18
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What about a beer instead??

Old 17 October 2007, 12:17 AM   #19
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What about a beer instead??
Too late for that - I've just guzzled my fourth Carlsberg of the evening. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm slumming - my usual bottle shop had shut for the day.
Old 17 October 2007, 12:27 AM   #20
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Too late for that - I've just guzzled my fourth Carlsberg of the evening. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm slumming - my usual bottle shop had shut for the day.
Dunno if Carlsberg's "Master Brew" is availible in the US, but if it is, you should try that one.

10,5 % vol!

Old 17 October 2007, 12:30 AM   #21
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Dunno if Carlsberg's "Master Brew" is availible in the US, but if it is, you should try that one.

10,5 % vol!

Not that I'm in that corner of the world, but is that anything like Carlsberg Special Brew? The last time I guzzled that stuff I missed a bed two feet in front of me.
Old 17 October 2007, 12:31 AM   #22
EvEr34
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Aaaiiiggghhh! Cooties! He's got cooties!
had cooties...note the word had

bo yeah a beer will do
Old 17 October 2007, 12:40 AM   #23
SPACE-DWELLER
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Not that I'm in that corner of the world, but is that anything like Carlsberg Special Brew? The last time I guzzled that stuff I missed a bed two feet in front of me.
I feel a highjacking coming on??

Anyway, "Master Brew" is much stronger than Special Brew. It is the strongest beer in Denmark.

Old 17 October 2007, 12:51 AM   #24
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
had cooties...note the word had
Had? I guess you haven't heard the old joke:

Q: What's the difference between love and cooties?
A: Cooties is forever!
Old 17 October 2007, 12:53 AM   #25
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I feel a highjacking coming on??
Coming on? Haven't you been reading the last few posts?

I'll have to keep an eye out for Master Brew then - don't know whether it's reached these fair shores yet.
Old 17 October 2007, 01:11 AM   #26
roadcarver
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16600
I just report the post(s) now a days and just provide a reason that I thought was justified. I'm still here!
Old 17 October 2007, 02:45 AM   #27
LouCan

Watch: YM TT MOP
You pay for what you get. Its buyer beware. A lot of people do it. they spend a lot of money on a watch on the Internet. If you get robbed, the only one to blame is YOU. Shame on you believing some stranger you never met before in your life! If you want to believe every story that Tom, Dick and Harry tells you about how he got his watch and now needs to sell it. Thats on you. Report them or not , they will still find a sucker. Someone will fall for the story they sell. A scammer will always be a scammer. We have seen them in here.Its like telling your kids not to do something that will hurt them. They don't want to hear it. they want to find out for them selves. Some people need to feel the flame.
LouCan is offline   Reply With Quote