The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 January 2012, 10:02 AM   #1
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy gold..
Icon20 Your Rolex and Attire!!

C'mon fella's!!

Show me your Rolex and some top notch attire!

I'll start with my William Hunt by Saville Row shirt and tie..

013 by goold1, on Flickr

Lets see what you got!?

www.thewatchguyofficial.co.uk

Got a GREEN Submariner 116610LV.. Visit the official thread here! http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=179580

Don't forget to visit the Rolex & Attire thread too! http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=215077
thewatchguy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 10:13 AM   #2
Mickey®
Banned

Watch: Swiss Made
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingoo93 View Post
C'mon fella's!!

Show me your Rolex and some top notch attire!

I'll start with my William Hunt by Saville Row shirt and tie..

013 by goold1, on Flickr

Lets see what you got!?

Why a tattoo on your hand?
Mickey® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 10:15 AM   #3
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey® View Post

I had it a few years back, you know a silly teen moment..

Got a GREEN Submariner 116610LV.. Visit the official thread here! http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=179580

Don't forget to visit the Rolex & Attire thread too! http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=215077
Old 30 January 2012, 10:18 AM   #4
Mickey®
Banned

Quote:
Got ya...that's a tough one. I have tattoos but even in my silliest moment I knew that I'd want to cover them up with sleeves one day....

Has it affected your job at all? I wouldn't hire someone with hand or neck tattoos personally....

Thanks for sharing!

I don't have any photos to show of me dressed up because when I'm wearing my finest suits people aren't taking pictures (all business). Also I have never been to a wedding or a funeral! NEVER!
Old 30 January 2012, 10:22 AM   #5
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Got ya...that's a tough one. I have tattoos but even in my silliest moment I knew that I'd want to cover them up with sleeves one day....

Has it affected your job at all? I wouldn't hire someone with hand or neck tattoos personally....

Thanks for sharing!

I don't have any photos to show of me dressed up because when I'm wearing my finest suits people aren't taking pictures (all business). Also I have never been to a wedding or a funeral! NEVER!
I wouldn't really say its something I regret as such, I quite like it as my mum has the exact same on.. And thats what means most to me.

It doesn't affect my job at all. It wasn't even questioned

Old 30 January 2012, 10:26 AM   #6
Mickey®
Banned

Quote:
I wouldn't really say its something I regret as such, I quite like it as my mum has the exact same on.. And thats what means most to me.

It doesn't affect my job at all. It wasn't even questioned
What do you do that you dress up so nice?! Can't be McDonald's!!!!
Old 31 January 2012, 02:25 PM   #7
520Matt
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD, LV,GMT II Pep
Quote:

Thanks for sharing!

I wouldn't hire you either
520Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2016, 09:01 AM   #8
GeraldJ19
"TRF" Member

Watch: Seiko Black Monste
Quote:
Originally Posted by 520Matt View Post
I wouldn't hire you either
A little short sighted aren't we? Personally preference I guess. What happened to judging the indivudual on merit?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk
GeraldJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2012, 03:19 AM   #9
HongNinja
Banned

Watch: 228238, 114060
Icon13

Quote:

Thanks for sharing!

You wouldn't hire someone cause of "hand or neck tattoos"? Don't you think that's kind of RUDE. You're judging somebody over a tattoo? Still some pretty SHALLOW thoughts around these parts....
HongNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 March 2012, 08:45 AM   #10
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HongNinja View Post
You wouldn't hire someone cause of "hand or neck tattoos"? Don't you think that's kind of RUDE. You're judging somebody over a tattoo? Still some pretty SHALLOW thoughts around these parts....
Not to worry... I'm now self employed

Old 12 December 2014, 09:19 AM   #11
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thanks for sharing!

I have tattoos all the way to my palms and have no problems. At 33 I am on my second house, own a mercedes, a boat and have my first rolex. I am married with 2 kids. 0% schooling. I do better than everyone I know that I know that went to school and looks "presentable" because I work harder.
dimag333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2014, 10:53 AM   #12
JohnAndrew
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800, 16803,79170
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimag333 View Post
I have tattoos all the way to my palms and have no problems. At 33 I am on my second house, own a mercedes, a boat and have my first rolex. I am married with 2 kids. 0% schooling. I do better than everyone I know that I know that went to school and looks "presentable" because I work harder.
Nice watch
JohnAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2014, 03:01 PM   #13
Time Collector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/Panerai
Quote:
Nice reply! It let's everyone know that you can't judge a book by its cover or tattoos. Keep up the hard work.

"You can never buy back Time, so spend it wisely."
Time Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 December 2014, 04:04 PM   #14
Jbranda
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Love it...dont be a sheep people and follow what society deems as "professional" there is money to be made out there no matter ur background or what you look like

Last edited by Lol-x; 14 December 2014 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: Profanity is not allowed.
Jbranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2017, 08:25 AM   #15
49ers101hitters
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, 2xDJ, Zenith
Quote:

Thanks for sharing!

You're in the wrong field if people are questioning your ability to do a job because of a tattoo.
Old 11 December 2012, 09:11 PM   #16
Law2rence
"TRF" Member

Law2rence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2012, 07:55 AM   #17
nicsastar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
why not a tattoo on your hand ????
can you not own a rolex if you have tattoos ? ill have to check my submariner booklet and see what it says . omg maybe ive been wearing a rolex whilst having tattoos for years and never new i was breaking the law

nicsastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2012, 08:03 AM   #18
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsastar View Post
why not a tattoo on your hand ????
can you not own a rolex if you have tattoos ? ill have to check my submariner booklet and see what it says . omg maybe ive been wearing a rolex whilst having tattoos for years and never new i was breaking the law

Mickey-- Why even ask the question? Seems a bit rude to me and truly unecessary IMHO. Who cares--to each his own.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2012, 10:29 AM   #19
FremStar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Wall Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfor View Post
Looking dapper as always Ken, Sam and Chris :thumsup:
Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed Homme View Post
Thanks for the kind words.

Sam, Idk what pricing is like nowadays, but for what it is, I think the JD is a bargain. I got mine at Manfredi in Greenwich, if you'd like a contact there, send me a PM.
I will let you know Chris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJack View Post
Guys.....

Extremely slick is an understatement...... very smooth indeed
Thanks Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSi View Post
DSSD and the smart casual look at the Jubilee weekend
Looking sharp there Simon! That DSSD looks custom fit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan65 View Post
Thanks!!

Looking good Chris!!

Thanks!!

Sam--looking sharp too!!

What do you think Pelon??
Hahahahahaha! Too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by threemonkeys View Post
Ken, Sam, Chris, Simon, et al. You guys are killing me. Clearly I need to up my game with my wardrobe.

Looking good!
Thanks Craig!

One last pic for tonight... Trying to emulate Ken here with the shoe pic!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20120607_201307-1.jpg (93.4 KB, 596 views)

"A Watch Is An Emotional Object, And So, It Is The Responsibility Of The Brand To Create Emotion Through It's Products" - Georges Kern

"In the 1950s and 60s, they made the Ref 8171, which is a cult collectible—now that’s the ultimate Rolex you could own with a calendar and a moon phase.” - John Reardon

"Heh, heh, heh..." - Michael Kilyung
FremStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2012, 08:23 AM   #20
Lex1970
Banned

Watch: Rolex Date-Just
Sports Watches are so ugly be more original every other Rolex watch for sale on Ebay is a Sub
Lex1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2012, 08:38 AM   #21
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex1970 View Post
Sports Watches are so ugly be more original every other Rolex watch for sale on Ebay is a Sub
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2012, 08:49 AM   #22
Al1988
"TRF" Member

Watch: Watch
Quote:
You are of course entitled to your opinion, perhaps you can show us the way in the battle against boring watches?

Please do join in and show us some of your timepieces
Al1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2012, 12:56 PM   #23
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Bye bye troll. Thanks for stopping by.....Not!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2014, 04:25 AM   #24
aaamax
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I had to look 3-4 times before I could see it...
aaamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2019, 07:50 AM   #25
blackhawks-fan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Black Dial 216570
Quote:
Why not a tattoo on your hand?
blackhawks-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2020, 06:55 PM   #26
Mike Barnard
Banned

Quote:
His response was a lot more polite than mine would have been.
Mike Barnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 10:15 AM   #27
Megalobyte
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...me go broke
I confess, I don't dress well, I certainly could, I honestly just don't care about my clothes. I wear shorts and a t shirt, whatever's comfortable, beach Crocs, complete with star wars buttons. :)

I own my own businesses, work from home, and am not trying to impress anyone,  I have no boss, or clients that ever need to see me. In fact, looking at me, the only thing you'd see to indicate I'm successful enough to buy a nice watch, is that i'm always wearing one. :) And yet, I'm always treated very well at any high end watch store I go to, just the other day I was treated very well at Hamiltons and Tourneau on Worth Ave in  West Palm Beach, I even tried on a $140,000 Lange. (wearing an old, faded bugs bunny t shirt. :) )

When I was in law school about 15 years ago, I had started dating my future wife, in case she assumed as a lawyer, I'd be fashion conscious, I told her up front, as clearly as I could, if you need a guy who dresses to kill, you'll be very disappointed with me, I don't even dress to injure. :)

My watches are the one aspect of style and presentation that I pay some attention to, and perhaps a nice leather wallet. My wedding band is plain white gold.
Megalobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 10:19 AM   #28
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalobyte View Post
I confess, I don't dress well, I certainly could, I honestly just don't care about my clothes. I wear shorts and a t shirt, whatever's comfortable, beach Crocs, complete with star wars buttons. :)

I own my own businesses, work from home, and am not trying to impress anyone,  I have no boss, or clients that ever need to see me. In fact, looking at me, the only thing you'd see to indicate I'm successful enough to buy a nice watch, is that i'm always wearing one. :) And yet, I'm always treated very well at any high end watch store I go to, just the other day I was treated very well at Hamiltons and Tourneau on Worth Ave in  West Palm Beach, I even tried on a $140,000 Lange. (wearing an old, faded bugs bunny t shirt. :) )

When I was in law school about 15 years ago, I had started dating my future wife, in case she assumed as a lawyer, I'd be fashion conscious, I told her up front, as clearly as I could, if you need a guy who dresses to kill, you'll be very disappointed with me, I don't even dress to injure. :)

My watches are the one aspect of style and presentation that I pay some attention to. 
Thats a great read.. Thanks for sharing, its true!

I went to an AD a few weeks back to try on a few 18k models.. The sales guy didn't even want to look at me in my young teenagerish fashion until he saw me wearing my Sub-C. Then boy did he talk to me..

Old 3 November 2018, 09:43 AM   #29
rtalk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710T
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewatchguy93 View Post
Thats a great read.. Thanks for sharing, its true!

I went to an AD a few weeks back to try on a few 18k models.. The sales guy didn't even want to look at me in my young teenagerish fashion until he saw me wearing my Sub-C. Then boy did he talk to me..
Haha. I caught a sales rep stare at my watch! He couldn't believe he was looking at in the flesh. In a good way...
116519 Grey dial Oysterflex Daytona. 116500 Black. 116710BLNR. 16710T. Rolex Explorer I 39MM. 4 digit DateJust. JLC Master Control with Sector Dial. Omega FOIS. Grand Seiko Four Seasons (Spring Version). Tudor Royal. IWC Cal 83 (~1940s). 41MM sub. Omega CK859.
rtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2013, 12:12 PM   #30
Lanfor
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner-16610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jud6yolas View Post
The sales guy didn't even want to look at me in my young teenagerish fashion until he saw me wearing my Sub-C.
I get it all the time ! Every store I go in, the same thing happens. I just shop for everything online now