The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 12 December 2019, 11:07 AM   #31
Filipćo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Never too many
From "Sold" on Rolexpassion:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2019-12-11 ALL.jpg (110.4 KB, 353 views)
Filipćo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 11:18 AM   #32
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
OK, so we all know a lot of blueberries were sold by a lot of dealers over the years.
And?
Kingface66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 11:39 AM   #33
sillo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5 Digit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface66 View Post
And?
I don't see anything wrong with showing people who was selling them and who has interest in their legitimacy.

@TheGMTHand
sillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 11:43 AM   #34
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipćo View Post
Rolexpassion (now banned) sold at least seven, I took screenshots from his sold items and counted them.
I found Rolex Passion, not only annoying, but dishonest. I regret that I never had the opportunity to respond to one of his deceitful comments directed at me which was brought to my attention this morning after the thread was locked.

Rolex Passion wrote to me on 12/10/19, at 11:40pm, "you make all this show but I see from your Instagram you sold a 1675 Radial Blueberry last February, not?

My response to him now is - I have never, ever owned a blueberry GMT 1675, let alone a radial-dialed GMT blueberry or any other Rolex with a blueberry bezel insert. The watch on Instagram (IG) belongs to a member on this forum who sent me photos of it shortly after he purchased the watch and I placed a photo of the watch on IG.

In conclusion, this watch posted on IG was never offered for sale by me and never belonged to me.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 11:47 AM   #35
Filipćo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Never too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
I found Rolex Passion, not only annoying, but dishonest. I regret that I never had the opportunity to respond to one of his dieceitful comments directed at me which was brought to my attention this morning after the thread was locked.

Rolex Passion wrote on 12/10/19, at 11:40pm, "you make all this show but I see from your Instagram you sold a 1675 Radial Blueberry last February, not?

My response to him now is - I have never, ever owned a blueberry GMT 1675, let alone a radial-dialed GMT blueberry or any other Rolex with a blueberry bezel. The watch on Instagram belongs to a member on this forum who sent me photos of it shortly after he purchased the watch and I placed a photo of the watch on IG.

In conclusion, this watch was never offered for sale by me and never belonged to me.

I haven't forgotten it too. Glad you've straightened the record.
Filipćo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 11:48 AM   #36
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillo38 View Post
I don't see anything wrong with showing people who was selling them and who has interest in their legitimacy.
I agree, but when they start lying about someone to attack their credibility, that's crossing the line for me.

Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 12 December 2019, 11:54 AM   #37
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I understand that. These sales of the past are (as we see here) easily available to locate on the internet. My question is, what’s OUR collective point here for showing old listings. I’m not saying I’m against it, I’m just asking genuinely, what’s the goal?
Old 12 December 2019, 11:56 AM   #38
sillo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5 Digit
Quote:
I agree, but when they start lying about someone to attack their credibility, that's crossing the line for me.
Absolutely, making fabricated stories up about you was completely uncalled for.

Luckily most people here know your reputation and anybody who reads a couple of his posts in that thread can get an idea of his.

Quote:
I understand that. These sales of the past are (as we see here) easily available to locate on the internet. My question is, what’s OUR collective point here for showing old listings. I’m not saying I’m against it, I’m just asking genuinely, what’s the goal?
To me it's just another reference for someone to find when they're searching seller feedback or researching potential purchases. They're easily available for us to locate on the internet because we know of all these different dealers.

@TheGMTHand
sillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 12:14 PM   #39
pablofields
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipćo View Post
From "Sold" on Rolexpassion:
Are you saying the person with the user name RolexPassion banned on this site was Philip Stahl?

That screen shot shows sales made by multiple “Trusted Sellers” who sell on Stahl’s Rolex Passion Market, not the sales of a single dealer, no?
Old 12 December 2019, 12:22 PM   #40
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
To me it's just another reference for someone to find when they're searching seller feedback or researching potential purchases. They're easily available for us to locate on the internet because we know of all these different dealers.
Ha! I'm sorry, Sean. It struck me as some sort of "outing"of all those who've sold Blueberries. Not sure if it is, but it seemed that way
Old 12 December 2019, 12:33 PM   #41
2024 Pledge Member

Does anyone here have true macro photos of a blueberry insert? Not just enlarged IG photos but proper high-res macros shot under good lighting?

There were claims in the previous thread that these were printed in reverse. It would be good to see if that's true or just speculation based on poor print results.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 12:40 PM   #42
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
Well let's get this party started then!

Latest reply from Bob's Watches:
Whoever wrote this for Bob's watches is not aware of the history of GMT bezel inserts.

The GMT was never available with black bezel insert until well into the 1970s.

Old 12 December 2019, 12:46 PM   #43
pablofields
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
Does anyone here have true macro photos of a blueberry insert? Not just enlarged IG photos but proper high-res macros shot under good lighting?

There were claims in the previous thread that these were printed in reverse. It would be good to see if that's true or just speculation based on poor print results.
In the prior thread I asked Jedly if he would post the macros he sent to Geneva before being told he would need to take the insert to Geneva in person. I don’t know if he didn’t see that request or is declining to post the pictures. It seems to me that since that insert was compelling enough for him to take to Geneva, yet was declared not authentic Rolex by Geneva, those macros represent the best resource to study and compare to the inserts that continue to be defended.
Old 12 December 2019, 12:54 PM   #44
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
It's like a really bad car wreck. I couldn't stop reading especially after the name calling began!
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 01:05 PM   #45
southtexas
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

My work life is suffering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow me on Instagram @ccrolex
southtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 01:06 PM   #46
ROGERB
"TRF" Member

Watch: 89 16610, 57 7914,
Many a "Blueberry" has been sold here on TRF by I'm sure conscientious sellers. One was sold in 2018 and then re sold in 2019 by the same seller using the same photos...and for more money! The community who deals in these have different qualifying criteria to state validity, ghost triangle, pin hole on the inside at 12 and the often accompanied by the rail dial and all red 24 hr hand as the "correct ones". Here's hoping one day there is a definitive answer one way or the other. I still can't believe with all the service people, retired or still active, nobody seems to be able to have a final
decree.
And when it comes to GMT-MASTER we would be hard pressed to find someone with more knowledge than springer (jp)
R
ROGERB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 02:06 PM   #47
cowboy music
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablofields View Post
Are you saying the person with the user name RolexPassion banned on this site was Philip Stahl?

That screen shot shows sales made by multiple “Trusted Sellers” who sell on Stahl’s Rolex Passion Market, not the sales of a single dealer, no?
I don't believe RolexPassion who got banned is Philip Stahl. Philip Stahl's username on this site is "Phillipp" is it not? I was assuming that RolexPassion had no connection to Rolex Passion Market.
cowboy music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 02:19 PM   #48
pablofields
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy music View Post
I don't believe RolexPassion who got banned is Philip Stahl. Philip Stahl's username on this site is "Phillipp" is it not? I was assuming that RolexPassion had no connection to Rolex Passion Market.
That’s what I thought as well.
Old 12 December 2019, 02:56 PM   #49
79280_116520
"TRF" Member

The aftermath of the discussion continues on the other forum...
79280_116520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 03:31 PM   #50
mrs_LA
2024 Pledge Member

This has gone quite over the top over on Instagram. I have never seen grown men act so childish until this controversy.
Old 12 December 2019, 04:21 PM   #51
Verdi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Big Ben
It is quite remarkable how some still have the nerve to argue that there is a chance the inserts are real.....

Rolex letter is very clear for me. They did not say that particular insert was fake.....they went further and stated that GMT models were never fitted with a blue insert!!!

I mean.......what else they can say?!!!!
They looked at it, they looked at records....and they put it in writing!

I feel sorry for the folks that paid thousand for these inserts. But I don’t feel sorry for the dealers that sold them and are now trying to defend themselves with (very often) ridiculous arguments.
Old 12 December 2019, 05:29 PM   #52
roh123
"TRF" Member

Watch: Gilt Rolex
Rolex Passion is most likely an Italian collector/dealer with IG handle rolexvintage.it. Not in any way Philipp Stahl. Regarding the letter I agree with Jed that it is odd and not very Rolex like. I would not put much value to it when it comes to these inserts authenticity.

The inserts don’t need an internet troll on a mission or a weird letter to be questionable. They have always been and they will probably always be.
Old 12 December 2019, 05:48 PM   #53
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

I have read across all the fora and social media. Whilst no expert, merely someone with an interest, I have come to the conclusion that an associated company were tasked with creating an alternative bezel ( whether for UAE, service or another reason). Whilst never sanctioned by Rolex as an official general release, there is some evidence they knew of their existence (this has been confirmed to me privately). Therefore it is possible that a few escaped somehow and ended up in the hands of a third party; perhaps a few hundred or less that were never actually used.
The situation now is that how to determine whether the ones out there are part of this mystery release or fake versions of them.
It would be helpful to gather one of the full-set pieces of which there seems to be less doubt with a couple of loose versions in the market.
Either way, I’m staying well clear!
Old 12 December 2019, 06:33 PM   #54
exador
Banned

Interesting. The “Blueberry King” is an (in)active member of these very forums:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showpost...47&postcount=1
exador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 December 2019, 06:44 PM   #55
daOnlyBG
"TRF" Member

Watch: yes, it's hipster
Quote:
I think it's to warn the community that even the most respected sellers can be taken for a ride. A sobering point to be made, unfortunately, when dealing with rare vintage watches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roh123 View Post
The inserts don’t need an internet troll on a mission or a weird letter to be questionable. They have always been and they will probably always be.
Agreed- if only because there's no record from the company itself that it ever offered such inserts. I suppose, theoretically, there's a day when a Rolex spokesperson comes out and says "Actually, we do have records of producing X number of all-blue bezels," but until that day comes, I fail to see why so many shell out the $$$ on them.
Old 12 December 2019, 10:15 PM   #56
uncleluck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I found Rolex Passion, not only annoying, but dishonest. I regret that I never had the opportunity to respond to one of his deceitful comments directed at me which was brought to my attention this morning after the thread was locked.

Rolex Passion wrote to me on 12/10/19, at 11:40pm, "you make all this show but I see from your Instagram you sold a 1675 Radial Blueberry last February, not?

My response to him now is - I have never, ever owned a blueberry GMT 1675, let alone a radial-dialed GMT blueberry or any other Rolex with a blueberry bezel insert. The watch on Instagram (IG) belongs to a member on this forum who sent me photos of it shortly after he purchased the watch and I placed a photo of the watch on IG.

In conclusion, this watch posted on IG was never offered for sale by me and never belonged to me.

This is exactly why you don’t close threads where adults are having a discussion that could potentially harm one another’s reputation.
uncleluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 12:24 AM   #57
Paulie 50
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=exador;10196430]Well let's get this party started then!

Latest reply from
Paulie 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 12:30 AM   #58
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleluck View Post
This is exactly why you don’t close threads where adults are having a discussion that could potentially harm one another’s reputation.
Its not up to any member when any thread is closed thats up to the mods and admin only.The last thread was closed by one of the mod team simply because it got antagonistic and a little abusive

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 12:35 AM   #59
Paulie 50
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exador View Post
Well let's get this party started then!

Latest reply from Bob's Watches:
Looking at the Bob's Watches reply leads me to believe that they are operating from Fantasy Island. Absolute nonsense.
Paulie 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 December 2019, 01:49 AM   #60
1665fan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie 50 View Post
Looking at the Bob's Watches reply leads me to believe that they are operating from Fantasy Island. Absolute nonsense.
Anybody asking 20-25k extra for a blue insert(possibly fake ones) are for sure in fantasy land!
1665fan is offline   Reply With Quote