The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 30 January 2012, 10:02 AM   #1
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

Watch: me buy gold..
Icon20 Your Rolex and Attire!!

C'mon fella's!!

Show me your Rolex and some top notch attire!

I'll start with my William Hunt by Saville Row shirt and tie..

013 by goold1, on Flickr

Lets see what you got!?

www.thewatchguyofficial.co.uk

Got a GREEN Submariner 116610LV.. Visit the official thread here! http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=179580

Don't forget to visit the Rolex & Attire thread too! http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=215077
thewatchguy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 10:13 AM   #2
Mickey®
Banned

Watch: Swiss Made
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingoo93 View Post
C'mon fella's!!

Show me your Rolex and some top notch attire!

I'll start with my William Hunt by Saville Row shirt and tie..

013 by goold1, on Flickr

Lets see what you got!?

Why a tattoo on your hand?
Mickey® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 10:15 AM   #3
Megalobyte
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...me go broke
I confess, I don't dress well, I certainly could, I honestly just don't care about my clothes. I wear shorts and a t shirt, whatever's comfortable, beach Crocs, complete with star wars buttons. :)

I own my own businesses, work from home, and am not trying to impress anyone,  I have no boss, or clients that ever need to see me. In fact, looking at me, the only thing you'd see to indicate I'm successful enough to buy a nice watch, is that i'm always wearing one. :) And yet, I'm always treated very well at any high end watch store I go to, just the other day I was treated very well at Hamiltons and Tourneau on Worth Ave in  West Palm Beach, I even tried on a $140,000 Lange. (wearing an old, faded bugs bunny t shirt. :) )

When I was in law school about 15 years ago, I had started dating my future wife, in case she assumed as a lawyer, I'd be fashion conscious, I told her up front, as clearly as I could, if you need a guy who dresses to kill, you'll be very disappointed with me, I don't even dress to injure. :)

My watches are the one aspect of style and presentation that I pay some attention to, and perhaps a nice leather wallet. My wedding band is plain white gold.
Megalobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 10:15 AM   #4
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey® View Post
Why a tattoo on your hand?

I had it a few years back, you know a silly teen moment..

Got a GREEN Submariner 116610LV.. Visit the official thread here! http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=179580

Don't forget to visit the Rolex & Attire thread too! http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=215077
Old 30 January 2012, 10:18 AM   #5
Mickey®
Banned

Quote:
I had it a few years back, you know a silly teen moment..
Got ya...that's a tough one. I have tattoos but even in my silliest moment I knew that I'd want to cover them up with sleeves one day....

Has it affected your job at all? I wouldn't hire someone with hand or neck tattoos personally....

Thanks for sharing!

I don't have any photos to show of me dressed up because when I'm wearing my finest suits people aren't taking pictures (all business). Also I have never been to a wedding or a funeral! NEVER!
Old 30 January 2012, 10:19 AM   #6
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalobyte View Post
I confess, I don't dress well, I certainly could, I honestly just don't care about my clothes. I wear shorts and a t shirt, whatever's comfortable, beach Crocs, complete with star wars buttons. :)

I own my own businesses, work from home, and am not trying to impress anyone,  I have no boss, or clients that ever need to see me. In fact, looking at me, the only thing you'd see to indicate I'm successful enough to buy a nice watch, is that i'm always wearing one. :) And yet, I'm always treated very well at any high end watch store I go to, just the other day I was treated very well at Hamiltons and Tourneau on Worth Ave in  West Palm Beach, I even tried on a $140,000 Lange. (wearing an old, faded bugs bunny t shirt. :) )

When I was in law school about 15 years ago, I had started dating my future wife, in case she assumed as a lawyer, I'd be fashion conscious, I told her up front, as clearly as I could, if you need a guy who dresses to kill, you'll be very disappointed with me, I don't even dress to injure. :)

My watches are the one aspect of style and presentation that I pay some attention to. 
Thats a great read.. Thanks for sharing, its true!

I went to an AD a few weeks back to try on a few 18k models.. The sales guy didn't even want to look at me in my young teenagerish fashion until he saw me wearing my Sub-C. Then boy did he talk to me..

Old 30 January 2012, 10:22 AM   #7
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Got ya...that's a tough one. I have tattoos but even in my silliest moment I knew that I'd want to cover them up with sleeves one day....

Has it affected your job at all? I wouldn't hire someone with hand or neck tattoos personally....

Thanks for sharing!

I don't have any photos to show of me dressed up because when I'm wearing my finest suits people aren't taking pictures (all business). Also I have never been to a wedding or a funeral! NEVER!
I wouldn't really say its something I regret as such, I quite like it as my mum has the exact same on.. And thats what means most to me.

It doesn't affect my job at all. It wasn't even questioned

Old 30 January 2012, 10:24 AM   #8
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

C'mon business men, where are you!!?

076 by goold1, on Flickr

Old 30 January 2012, 10:26 AM   #9
Mickey®
Banned

Quote:
I wouldn't really say its something I regret as such, I quite like it as my mum has the exact same on.. And thats what means most to me.

It doesn't affect my job at all. It wasn't even questioned
What do you do that you dress up so nice?! Can't be McDonald's!!!!
Old 30 January 2012, 10:28 AM   #10
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What do you do that you dress up so nice?! Can't be McDonald's!!!!
I work in the jewellery trade

Old 30 January 2012, 10:31 AM   #11
JustABreathAway
"TRF" Member

Watch: The Reference
Here's the best I can do

(Regarding the work suit - the wife is an even worse photographer than me)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0816.JPG (192.6 KB, 51826 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0180.jpg (218.2 KB, 51826 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0184.jpg (192.9 KB, 51591 views)
JustABreathAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 10:31 AM   #12
Mickey®
Banned

Quote:
I work in the jewellery trade
Ah! Got you...good to do what you love.
Old 30 January 2012, 10:32 AM   #13
MP5
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

My watches are the one aspect of style and presentation that I pay some attention to, and perhaps a nice leather wallet. My wedding band is plain white gold.
It seems there is a Florida me!
MP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 10:37 AM   #14
Megalobyte
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...me go broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP5 View Post
It seems there is a Florida me!
Dad, is that you?

PS. I also know what your screen name is, so we share that interest as well. :)
Megalobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 10:50 AM   #15
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABreathAway View Post
Here's the best I can do

(Regarding the work suit - the wife is an even worse photographer than me)
Great pics I never knew that was you, I remember you posting up these pics when you were deciding on the DDII

Old 30 January 2012, 10:53 AM   #16
JustABreathAway
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Great pics I never knew that was you, I remember you posting up these pics when you were deciding on the DDII
Yep, that's me talking as the wife took the pic, with work hair after I'd had on the scrub hat for most of the day. But yes, that is me - I don't receive any payments for looking good!
Old 30 January 2012, 10:55 AM   #17
thewatchguy93
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yep, that's me talking as the wife took the pic, with work hair after I'd had on the scrub hat for most of the day. But yes, that is me - I don't receive any payments for looking good!
I see..

If i'm 100% honest, you could be wearing anything... As long as you have that beautiful DDII on, who cares!?

Old 30 January 2012, 11:10 AM   #18
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Does this count? It's the best I have for now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JLC Robert Grahm Shirt Resize.jpg (168.2 KB, 51024 views)

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 11:12 AM   #19
snaggle

Watch: SubC, DJII, Omegas
Quote:

Wow, im exactly the same as you. I never dress well, always in a t shirt and jeans, sometimes its nice to dress in a poor or "cheap" fashion and rock a nice Rolex watch lol, it just shows that you really dont care about clothes but can definately afford to wear the nicest suits! lol.

For me too, I like to have a very nice watch and a great wallet. I got myself a nice dunhill embossed leather wallet for $320 :D
snaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 11:16 AM   #20
GradyPhilpott
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor Big Rose
I wear Rolex watches.

I can't afford clothes.

It's winter, so it's mock turtlenecks and jeans.

When summer comes, it will be Hawaiian shirts and jeans.

Occasionally, I wear a baseball cap, too.

I'm too ugly to post pictures of myself.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
GradyPhilpott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 11:17 AM   #21
JustABreathAway
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I see..

If i'm 100% honest, you could be wearing anything... As long as you have that beautiful DDII on, who cares!?
Well thanks, sir. I've tried to make that statement before - that the DDII can be combined with any attire the wearer chooses. That it's not 'just' a dress watch.
Old 30 January 2012, 11:18 AM   #22
nyfida
"TRF" Member

nyfida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 11:29 AM   #23
Trouble15
"TRF" Member

Watch: A few
Happy to see that so far no one has posted a picture of their Rolex with an orange jump suit on....
Trouble15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 11:37 AM   #24
Jolu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer I/II
My old Daytona and my smokin' pants.

“I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks”
- Daniel Boone -
Jolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 11:59 AM   #25
JustABreathAway
"TRF" Member

Here's me in a suit, at the Father Daughter Dance. If you look really hard you can see a touch of gold under my left sleeve. This may be one of 2 or 3 times all year I'm in a suit, so I figure I better share when I can.

(Disclosure: I'm 6' 165 lbs, but the suit makes me look 60 lbs heavier sitting in the chair. And yes, it is a picture of a picture.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (7).JPG (134.4 KB, 48705 views)
Old 30 January 2012, 12:15 PM   #26
Goose

Watch: GMT & Speedmaster

Pic from yesterday...
Not top notch. But wearing my 1984 16013 and Akubra Homburg lid made in Australia w/ Australian rabbit felt.
Tattoos covered by a Pierre Cardin shirt. Jeans by Levis. That's about as good as it gets since I left IT Account Exec world. That was suit, white shirt, tie, no tasseled shoes, and no facial hair. I love working from home ;)

I'm wearing that little kid's Datejust. He gets it after I croak.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 12:24 PM   #27
FeelingTheBlues
"TRF" Member

Watch: If you wish...
Quote:
Here's me in a suit, at the Father Daughter Dance. If you look really hard you can see a touch of gold under my left sleeve. This may be one of 2 or 3 times all year I'm in a suit, so I figure I better share when I can.

(Disclosure: I'm 6' 165 lbs, but the suit makes me look 60 lbs heavier sitting in the chair)
May I tell you you have a beautiful daughter? She totally has your smile!

Now let's hope she has your passion for gold as well!

Great pictures everybody!
On va hisser le drapeau blanc un point c'est tout.

- André Fortin
FeelingTheBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 12:26 PM   #28
DDG

Watch: Rolex Explorer II
If I was still working, it would be a worn pair of Levis, with a set of switch keys hooked to a belt loop. A "Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers" cap. Black work boots, a blue denim work shirt, (with or without a Berkshire Hathaway emblem) a pair of greasy leather gloves & my EXPLORER ll. Since I retired, not much has changed, but I don't wear the work boots anymore.
DDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2012, 12:27 PM   #29
JustABreathAway
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelingTheBlues View Post
May I tell you you have a beautiful daughter? She totally has your smile!

Now let's hope she has your passion for gold as well!

Great pictures everybody!
Thank you very much. If I tell her she looks like Daddy, she says no and that she looks like Mommy, cause she's a girl. Also, I asked her if she wants Daddy's gold watch when he's done with and she said "No thanks, Daddy."
Old 30 January 2012, 12:28 PM   #30
jfisher17
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bluesy, Hulk, DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouble15 View Post
Happy to see that so far no one has posted a picture of their Rolex with an orange jump suit on....

Now you said it... give another 10 minutes or so...
jfisher17 is offline   Reply With Quote