The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex Watch Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4 January 2020, 02:06 PM   #1
pj1369
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR126720
Two Weeks in Review: Rolex GMT Batman on Jubilee - BLNR126710

Like many, after several months of waiting I got the call from my AD to come and pick-up my new BLNR!

And, I have to say I haven't stopped wearing it since. It's an incredible watch and I wanted to share a few quick reflections for others considering picking one up:

1) Comfort: While some may comment that the jubilee is not as "sporty" enough or as classic as the oyster, it is damn comfortable. The way the jubilee bracelet wraps around your wrist is uncanny - it almost makes the watch feel like an extension of your own body/arm versus an accessory weighing your wrist down. The case is a little thicker than my older DJ (which was closer to 11mm) at ~12mm, but it's also thinner than my Milgauss GV (which was closer to 13mm). And, it's way thicker than my new bulgari octo finissimo black ceramic (5.5mm) - which is a very different watch altogether. So, it's kinda just right...and fits well on my 7" wrist.

2) Appearance: The super case is "bigger" than the vintage GMTs; however, the black dial tones it down and makes it look smaller than it is, imo. The ceramic bezel is stunning and the black/blue combination with jubilee makes it easy to dress up or down - it also goes/matches 95% of everything I wear! I've worn the watch with T-shirts and suits, and on both occasions family and friends shared compliments. That said, I will add that the watch is more "blingy" with the large white gold indices and jubilee bracelet than i initially realized; it sparkles bright in sunlight. Also, the lume is incredibly bright and also catches yours and others' eyes when you go from a bright outside into a theater for example. As such, this watch catches more attention - and more than I suspected - relative to other model watches I own. Not a bad thing necessarily, but something to note as others consider purchasing.

3) Utility: I love, love the GMT function! I've traveled to four cities in the past two weeks and my job is international. So being able to use this function has been awesome to track up to 3 time zones...love it more than I thought I would. It's probably the first function/complication I've really used outside of "Date" on my watches. Also, the jubilee bracelet and ceramic bezel can take a beating and look flawlessly after normal wear. The sides of the case and the clasp seem to hold up a little less - but not better or worst than my bracelet and case on my Milgauss and other SS watches (my ceramic bulgari is the only exception - it looks flawless still after wearing a couple of times).

3) Value Proposition + The Market: I went back and forth about the watch considering market volatility, prior to purchase. I did lose some $$$ on a trade (but not too bad). That said, I decided to proceed with the purchase from my AD because I fundamentally love the watch and not because it was a "hype" watch per se, but rather I appreciated the design, the changes from the last batman, the complication, and the bracelet. It just worked for me. I also plan to keep it for a very long time, if not my entire lifetime. That said, when I was trying to make the decision, I was trying to make sure I couldn't find it anywhere else with a better deal. Ultimately, I went to ADs in FL, TX, DC, MD, and VA. I spoke with three good family friends that referred me to their trusted ADs. I went to DavidSW and a few other Greys. I also tracked the supply and pricing on Ebay, Chrono24, and WatchCharts. In short, I drove myself crazy, like many of us - so I went for it and just made the deal happen (much thanks to forum members for their insights and help along the way!). I will admit the challenge of it all was a little fun in a "geeky" way. :)

In the end, I realized the prices were dropping in December, but my hypothesis is that they were dropping as the end of the year big shipment came in from Rolex to Ads, etc. Because when I was hunting Chrono24 had over 435 (now has 417), my AD had two (now none), David SW had three (now has one), etc. So, I'm assuming supply will continue to decrease (and prices will slowly climb a little) through the next big shipment at end of this month/early Feb. Where the mystery lies, is who gets what with the next big shipment. Moreover, there are a lot of theories out there re: the supply/demand (e.g. it will never normalize, 2020 will be the year of increase/normalization, etc.), and I'm not sure what I think, but I love my watch and it was the perfect addition to my collection!

Good luck to all those hunting/pondering buying one!

P.S. Last observation: Forum members are really passionate about the "naming conventions" for watches...which has been an interesting and surprising part of my ownership experience. #batman #batgirl #brucewayne #blnr126710
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0821.jpg (78.5 KB, 2070 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0884.jpg (104.3 KB, 2060 views)
pj1369 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batgirl , batman , blnr126710 , gmt , rolex