The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 November 2021, 03:13 AM   #1
Epanerai12
"TRF" Member

Watch: Depends on the day
10 Day old Cellini going to RSC - any guidance/advice on approaching RSC?

Hey everyone -

Celebrated a professional milestone by purchasing a brand new Cellini Dual Time 10 days ago. I destickered it with the AD and everything; new style card, etc.

Last night, i was admiring it on the wrist and it was looking good and running good, then about 5 minutes later i looked again and it was 2 mins slow, but actually it had stopped (seconds hand not moving at all). weird timing on my glancing (its that pretty).

Anyway - i unscrewed it and couldnt get to the hacking position at all, and trying to wind it felt like dragging rocks, so i stopped and its sitting in the safe now.

Upset of course, but these things happen. My guess is its been sitting in the AD safe for some time now and simply the machine inside broke down. (but really with the new card cant be more than 2 yrs right?)

So off to RSC it will go. I called Lilitz PA this morning and left a msg and am waiting to hear back. I prefer NOT to go through my AD (or any AD) for service (added time and travel for me).

Any advice or tips for those who have been there before? This is the umpteenth rolex for me and the first to go in for service ever (rest are still ticking away fine). Anyone dealt with Litiz RSC directly before?
Old 25 November 2021, 03:20 AM   #2
OrangeSport
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
Yes. Had problems on 3 of our 4 within a few months. Just take it in and tell them the issue. They will sort it.
Old 25 November 2021, 03:28 AM   #3
Ohiorolex
"TRF" Member

I would insist that my AD deal with it.
Ohiorolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2021, 04:10 AM   #4
vh2k
"TRF" Member

Lititz, PA — not Lilitz.
vh2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2021, 04:13 AM   #5
rmwill
2024 Pledge Member

AD saves you the shipping cost and packaging headaches. Also, PA is the learner RSC. I would use NYC or Dallas. I just had my Sea-Dweller serviced at NYC. 6 weeks from when I dropped it off at my AD to when I picked it up. Very pleased.
Rolex Explorer II 226570 Polar
Omega Moonwatch Sapphire Sandwich
Panerai PAM00111

2 Factor Authentication
rmwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 November 2021, 04:24 AM   #6
Epanerai12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwill View Post
AD saves you the shipping cost and packaging headaches. Also, PA is the learner RSC. I would use NYC or Dallas. I just had my Sea-Dweller serviced at NYC. 6 weeks from when I dropped it off at my AD to when I picked it up. Very pleased.
Good feedback. I selected Lititz as its only 45min away from me so i could (unless they say no) drive it and drop it off myself. They had a nice writeup in some watch magazine over the summer, but i've also heard its a learner school as well. If i don't hear back from them, ill give NYC a try early next week. Thanks for the feedback on your experience.
Old 25 November 2021, 04:25 AM   #7
Epanerai12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh2k View Post
Lititz, PA — not Lilitz.
lol, and how i pronounce it is a whole nother story with my wife. I must've said le-titz in my rambling to her 25 times since it broke last night. (yes, i also acknowledge its pronounced LIT-Its, not le-titz)
Old 25 November 2021, 05:14 AM   #8
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epanerai12 View Post
Good feedback. I selected Lititz as its only 45min away from me so i could (unless they say no) drive it and drop it off myself. They had a nice writeup in some watch magazine over the summer, but i've also heard its a learner school as well. If i don't hear back from them, ill give NYC a try early next week. Thanks for the feedback on your experience.
Lititz is where the Rolex Technicum (watchmaker school) is co-located with the Lititz RSC.

They are not related except that are both Rolex run, and it is not a "learner RSC". In fact, the RSC there is staffed by watchmakers and not techs like you might find for the mundane jobs at the big RSC's.

Lititz is also where many watches go that are sent to Dallas, Beverly Hills, or New York to balance the workload.
Old 25 November 2021, 05:16 AM   #9
Epanerai12
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Lititz is where the Rolex Technicum (watchmaker school) is co-located with the Lititz RSC.

They are not related except that are both Rolex run, and it is not a "learner RSC". In fact, the RSC there is staffed by watchmakers and not techs like you might find for the mundane jobs at the big RSC's.

Lititz is also where many watches go that are sent to Dallas, Beverly Hills, or New York to balance the workload.
Awesome info. Thank you so much. The piece on the watchmakers really was a nice piece of knowledge.
Old 25 November 2021, 07:37 AM   #10
GMT Aviator
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post

This is why I love this forum. You’d never know this stuff without the knowledge some of our members possess.
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote