The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 January 2013, 08:42 AM   #31
mmmk604
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
My first Rolex was a DJ, then 3 months later, I bought a SubC. Both from my AD...they love me. LOL
mmmk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2013, 08:49 AM   #32
JP Chestnut
Banned

Watch: Rolex Ref 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickn View Post
I just purchased the 39mm rolex explorer and I absolutely love it. It is just a clean, classy watch that goes great with a suit or any other wear.
That said, as much as (or because of) I love my explorer so much, I'm now lusting after a more fun model for the weekends. I tried on the explorer 2 with the white dial and the no date submariner last night, and they are both amazing. If the explorer 2 didn't have the cyclops I'd be all over it. I just feel that the magnified date bubble makes the watch a little too blingy. The submariner is pure class, and it's cerachrome bezel is flawless. My only misgivings with the sub watch is I wish that it was just a tiny bit bigger. Decisions, decisions.
I will say, I used to think that cycling was an expensive hobby, but this could get dangerous.
I would try to enjoy the watch you just bought for a while. I find that I enjoy each successive watch less. Don't short change the thrill of the first few.
JP Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2013, 09:10 AM   #33
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Chestnut View Post
I would try to enjoy the watch you just bought for a while. I find that I enjoy each successive watch less. Don't short change the thrill of the first few.
Interesting... I'm the exact opposite. I find that I'm enjoying each acquisition more than the last. In my case I think it's because I'm getting better at figuring out what I like? Do you think you'll get to a point where you're satisfied and no longer looking for that next acquisition?
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2013, 09:13 AM   #34
JP Chestnut
Banned

Watch: Rolex Ref 16600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
Interesting... I'm the exact opposite. I find that I'm enjoying each acquisition more than the last. In my case I think it's because I'm getting better at figuring out what I like? Do you think you'll get to a point where you're satisfied and no longer looking for that next acquisition?
I really do. I'm not sure when that will be, but I expect it to come somewhere between 20 and 50. I'm an unusual collector in a number of ways - for instance I have never sold a watch to get another one. They come in, and never go out!

Also, every year there are fewer and fewer new watches that I like. It really seems that the watch industry is leaving me behind.
JP Chestnut is offline   Reply With Quote